Jump to content

september 2021 Glastonbury


Big durbs
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Everyone talking like it's been binned and @crazyfool1 is over here dropping the hints as subtle as a kick in the nuts that he knows something is imminent.

Wake up everyone 😂

I know nothing ... but if it had been cancelled im sure it wouldn't have just been mentioned in the licensing committee discussion about worthy pastures  🙂 about 5 mins ago 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Obviously there may be no legal blocker for them going ahead (aside from a few grumpy locals) but you can bet Emily and co are wrestling with the moral/ethical dilemma around whether to proceed or not given the concerns over future cases rising and not knowing what the landscape will look like come September. Why start planning if there's a possibility that it could all be shut down?

They're a pretty socially conscious bunch down at the Farm so could easily see them deciding it's not worth the risk or the hassle.

But what’s the real risk? All in the open air, no camping or overnight, surely the risk of catching Covid is minimal. 
 

If they’re worried about future cases rising there will be no festival for years as everyone says Covid is here to stay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

But what’s the real risk? All in the open air, no camping or overnight, surely the risk of catching Covid is minimal. 
 

If they’re worried about future cases rising there will be no festival for years as everyone says Covid is here to stay.

40 /50k in a field that holds 100k too ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

By Summer 22 most of the country should have been vaccinated though.

BUT , i did read somewhere that the vaccine was good for 6 months after the second jab , a booster in the autumn will still only take us through to next spring . a bit of a worrying thought 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

as a further thought , if indeed the pyramid stage is getting her covers on in the next week or so , then we will know that its been nailed on and they are going for it . cross fingers , toes , eyeballs and even eyelashes this is going to be a go go go go !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

But what’s the real risk? All in the open air, no camping or overnight, surely the risk of catching Covid is minimal. 
 

If they’re worried about future cases rising there will be no festival for years as everyone says Covid is here to stay.

There’s a huge amount of uncertainty over which way the next couple of months are going to go. Will we see another surge In hospitalisations and deaths? Or will things calm back down? Right now it could go either way and it’s fair to say it probably isn’t the best time to be announcing an all new event 9 weeks from now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

BUT , i did read somewhere that the vaccine was good for 6 months after the second jab , a booster in the autumn will still only take us through to next spring . a bit of a worrying thought 

We don't know that and I cant imagine that's the case. Most jabs are protective for much longer periods of time aren't they? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

BUT , i did read somewhere that the vaccine was good for 6 months after the second jab , a booster in the autumn will still only take us through to next spring . a bit of a worrying thought 

Not sure where you read that, but it's not correct. There have been questions about how long vaccines provide protection for, simply because it's one of the unknown / unproven aspects - we still don't know for sure how long it'll be in the end but the first trial recipients for all of the currently approved vaccines had their doses well over a year ago and it appears that generally speaking protection levels are holding up. It's also thought that once vaccinated, community exposure to COVID will somewhat remind the body and train it towards newer variants.

The talks about Autumn/Winter boosters (in the UK) have been around two areas - one specifically targetted at the variants that have arisen, and/or an extra jab for the vulnerable "just in case". Currently a "variant" jab doesn't look like it's going to happen this year, and a decision hasn't been taken on whether to give a 3rd jab to the vulnerable.

11 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

as a further thought , if indeed the pyramid stage is getting her covers on in the next week or so , then we will know that its been nailed on and they are going for it . cross fingers , toes , eyeballs and even eyelashes this is going to be a go go go go !

Could also simply be that they want to get the old lady dressed for the Camping Event, as she'll be one of the main photo opportunities - by the same token I wouldn't read anything into it if she does remain naked. The build schedule we've seen could easily be compressed into ~2 weeks if desired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Talking of which....limited resale tickets for the C&G gig on Weds available here....

 

https://www.cheeseandgrain.com/events/fatboy-slim/

Any covid requirements ? I just rushed that purchase without reading terms I’ll do lfts in run up anyway 

Edited by crazyfool1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I think you underestimate current desire for events, let alone at Worthy Farm.

40k is a lot of people when travel/accommodation will be limited. Demand is definitely very high but the event still needs to have acts that will sell. If you compare to farmfest which had weekend tickets on sale for months for only £90 with multiple acts and camping included I reckon it will be a difficult sell. Fatboy slim has a limited audience and I don't think Glastonbury with no camping is as big of a draw as it will be for everybody on here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I think you underestimate current desire for events, let alone at Worthy Farm. 

This is definitely my take. I reckon a lot of non-regulars will jump at the chance to ‘do’ Glastonbury. Plus, as you say, there’s a huge demand for live music anyway. I reckon with a decent line-up it’d sell out quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Talking of which....limited resale tickets for the C&G gig on Weds available here....

 

https://www.cheeseandgrain.com/events/fatboy-slim/

Gotta love a bit of Norm , I wish I didn’t have a plasterer in this week, I will be spending my Wednesday evening pulling up carpet and removing skirting boards.

have fun guys , and throw some shapes for Big D 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok . i may be clutching at straws here , but is that a cherry picker parked next to the pyramid skeleton , ??? are they getting ready to put the sheets on in prep for equinox .

i would suspect they would have to do it before the campers arrive on site , you cant have heavy machinery rocking about with little kids running around !  

218935694_906896670171050_5910326690796099404_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

ok . i may be clutching at straws here , but is that a cherry picker parked next to the pyramid skeleton , ??? are they getting ready to put the sheets on in prep for equinox .

i would suspect they would have to do it before the campers arrive on site , you cant have heavy machinery rocking about with little kids running around !  

218935694_906896670171050_5910326690796099404_n.jpg

Good spot. It was due to start going up yesterday so looks like movement. Where is the photo from?

Screenshot_20210719-083646_Twitter.thumb.jpg.8a540e20a83c20548e1108370cc28ecb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...