september 2021 Glastonbury

Big durbs

3 hours ago, Pjonze said:

Is Foo Fighters being attached to this just idle speculation, or does someone claim to have something a little more solid?

Absolute guesswork. Other than them not having a gig that weekend, there is nothing at all that suggests they will do it.

3 hours ago, Pjonze said:

Is Foo Fighters being attached to this just idle speculation, or does someone claim to have something a little more solid?

Someone posted on here that they’d heard from an industry insider mate that it was the Foos. These kind of predictions usually turn out to be BS, but not always

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Absolute guesswork. Other than them not having a gig that weekend, there is nothing at all that suggests they will do it.

OK.  Well, there was a little movement over the weekend that makes me think that A) it is them & B) the announcement (or a tease) will be landing shortly.

10 minutes ago, Pjonze said:

OK.  Well, there was a little movement over the weekend that makes me think that A) it is them & B) the announcement (or a tease) will be landing shortly.

Based on the fact it’s around 8 weeks till the event I’d say it’s likely that something will happen shortly … are you basing it on anything different from that ? 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Based on the fact it’s around 8 weeks till the event I’d say it’s likely that something will happen shortly … are you basing it on anything different from that ? 

Fair enough.  I guess I meant imminently rather than shortly.

I know I'm being a little vague, and I will show my workings out to the class, just wanna dig a bit further first.

4 minutes ago, Pjonze said:

Fair enough.  I guess I meant imminently rather than shortly.

I know I'm being a little vague, and I will show my workings out to the class, just wanna dig a bit further first.

It is also not confirmed it’s actually happening yet with further legal processes ongoing … so a result needs to come from that before we get an announcement or tease of any acts I would say 

55 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It is also not confirmed it’s actually happening yet with further legal processes ongoing … so a result needs to come from that before we get an announcement or tease of any acts I would say 

Load of events in the past have been advertised as “Subject to license”

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

So we’ve had soon, shortly, imminently so I’ll go further and say impending , oh sod it let’s just say immediately !  Whenever it is I wished they would hurry up! 

4 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I've never watched one, but having read that I may have to give the next on a go. Great insight into the complexities of putting on the festival. 

It tends to be 2 main protagonists against the festival with a few poorly reasoned  and not researched complaints as you can no doubt see .. I’m sure plenty have legitimate complaints or things they need to be cleared up .. but these 2 just seem to want to delay it so long it can’t happen . It is fascinating to watch 🙂 

38 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It tends to be 2 main protagonists against the festival with a few poorly reasoned  and not researched complaints as you can no doubt see .. I’m sure plenty have legitimate complaints or things they need to be cleared up .. but these 2 just seem to want to delay it so long it can’t happen . It is fascinating to watch 🙂 

Next one on the 19th it seems. Application for licence to sell alcohol from Goose Hall. Maybe that will also attract the main protagonists. I'll probably have to miss that one, I'll be checking the minutes tho

https://www.mendip.gov.uk/article/10193/Licensing-Sub-Committee-Monday-19-July-2021

Just now, HalfAnIdiot said:

Next one on the 19th it seems. Application for licence to sell alcohol from Goose Hall. Maybe that will also attract the main protagonists. I'll probably have to miss that one, I'll be checking the minutes tho

https://www.mendip.gov.uk/article/10193/Licensing-Sub-Committee-Monday-19-July-2021

Standing by … will report back 🙂