september 2021 Glastonbury

Big durbs

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Scan the lineup for a gap between tractor pulling and freak pointing where they could play a secret set.

Not gonna lie, I am actually looking forward to my first ever Tractor and Cider festival. I hope they don't get the pitchforks out though, when I ask for a pint of lager

13 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not gonna lie, I am actually looking forward to my first ever Tractor and Cider festival. I hope they don't get the pitchforks out though, when I ask for a pint of lager

Another West Country thing to do is a carnival … Bridgwater being the best … but they are in all the big towns Around fireworks night … although don’t think they will be on this year … recommend YouTubing it … something else if you’ve never seen it 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Another West Country thing to do is a carnival … Bridgwater being the best … but they are in all the big towns Around fireworks night … although don’t think they will be on this year … recommend YouTubing it … something else if you’ve never seen it 

I shall YouTube them. Bonfire weekend, I am supposed to be in London for New Order at the O2. Then I am off to see Cut Copy, during the week.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I shall YouTube them. Bonfire weekend, I am supposed to be in London for New Order at the O2. Then I am off to see Cut Copy, during the week.

worth watch ... like I say dont think they will happen this year .... but the floats they build are out of this world 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ooohhh, controversial. Glastonbury carnival is best! 

Seriously tho, carnival is probably Somerset's best kept secret. 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

You will be fine most likely everybody will be on the cider before they have got there!!! Shud be a really good gig!! 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

worth watch ... like I say dont think they will happen this year .... but the floats they build are out of this world 

Already been cancelled. The Carnival Clubs spend most of the year fundraising and building. With COVID they haven't been able to do either.

2 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Already been cancelled. The Carnival Clubs spend most of the year fundraising and building. With COVID they haven't been able to do either.

I thought I’d heard that … although I didn’t know how much would be pre built from before … and wether they could just screw in the lightbulbs and just get on the road !! 

5 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Its a tradition round here absolutely gutted for them second year running!!! 

Edited by funkychick2007

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I thought I’d heard that … although I didn’t know how much would be pre built from before … and wether they could just screw in the lightbulbs and just get on the road !! 

Mostly new build each year. Design and  build takes most of the year too. Some of the bigger carts cost 10's of £k each year. Many of the clubs benefit from donations from the festival in return for stewarding duties. All cancelled for this year sadly. 

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just make sure they don't put tanning bulbs in.

Google it. Most boondocks story I've ever heard. It was my favourite cart that year, too

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

4 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Surely this can’t be announced in August , not much time unless there are 100% sure of a sell out 

Me and Mrs c were saying that last night. Folk need time to make arrangements for time off, child minding, booking transport and accommodation especially bearing in mind the location of the farm. Shifting 40k tickets quickly could be problematic unless it’s a stellar line up.  We’ve everything in place apart from the tickets! 

16 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Ooohhh, controversial. Glastonbury carnival is best! 

Seriously tho, carnival is probably Somerset's best kept secret. 

It really is. Was not aware of this at all

A few years ago I was in Sicily during Carnival. Heard about this town called Acireale which is famous for it's parade so went along. 

This video (not by me) is from the year I went

On 7/11/2021 at 7:07 AM, philipsteak said:

It really is. Was not aware of this at all

A few years ago I was in Sicily during Carnival. Heard about this town called Acireale which is famous for it's parade so went along. 

This video (not by me) is from the year I went

One of our Glastonbury group owns a BnB in Aci Trezza, minutes from there. Never mentioned this! Might time our next visit to him so we can catch this.