september 2021 Glastonbury

Big durbs

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I doubt either Kendrick or Taylor will come across specifically for it and I doubt Macca could be arsed.

I don't think you'll get A-List megastars doing it. It'll be cribbed together using acts who are active in the UK and touring that week, which is why I think you'll get a few acts from IOW that weekend.

Pretty reasonable to think that one or two of the acts from the Live Stream may join in too.

I just think its dangerous having LG headlining as he's playing Reading and & IOW in the preceding month....don't want a situation whereby they've only shifted half the tickets a few weeks before. 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I just think its dangerous having LG headlining as he's playing Reading and & IOW in the preceding month....don't want a situation whereby they've only shifted half the tickets a few weeks before. 

Again though, it's finding an act big enough who is both active and willing to play.

This is a glorified fundraiser so almost certainly won't be paying enough to tempt acts out who aren't active or bring them over the pond. 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Again though, it's finding an act big enough who is both active and willing to play.

This is a glorified fundraiser so almost certainly won't be paying enough to tempt acts out who aren't active or bring them over the pond. 

Surely though they'd want someone/an act who haven't played to most of the country already. 

What will be will be, I'm sure they'll pull something decent out of the bag. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I doubt either Kendrick or Taylor will come across specifically for it and I doubt Macca could be arsed.

I don't think you'll get A-List megastars doing it. It'll be cribbed together using acts who are active in the UK and touring that week, which is why I think you'll get a few acts from IOW that weekend.

Pretty reasonable to think that one or two of the acts from the Live Stream may join in too.

Can’t think Kendrick would even be considered. Can’t think there’s many folk in Pilton or surrounding areas which would be too happy if he was headlining.

I’d imagine it’s likely to be a lineup much more palatable on the locals ears.

for undercard -Little Simz?

she is doing gigs in September and at Shepton Mallet on the 23rd. Going to be bigger after the LP in September so may fit in. Bit of variety to the rock bands mentioned as they will want to spice it up. 

Just now, JoeyT said:

Can’t think Kendrick would even be considered. Can’t think there’s many folk in Pilton or surrounding areas which would be too happy if he was headlining.

I’d imagine it’s likely to be a lineup much more palatable on the locals ears.

92f4f3124b5b31ce112b118b2d28fedbfcf7287c.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

for undercard -Little Simz?

she is doing gigs in September and at Shepton Mallet on the 23rd. Going to be bigger after the LP in September so may fit in. Bit of variety to the rock bands mentioned as they will want to spice it up. 

Why not?

Although my suspicion is that they'll go very conservative in terms of booking. Lots of safe bands that they know people like and will watch.

Foo Fighters play a show in America 2 weeks before this and nothing booked after until 2022. I know they are a big American act, with no other reason to be in the uk around that time but they did play The Cheese and Grain so surely can't be ruled out completely? 

34 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Foo Fighters play a show in America 2 weeks before this and nothing booked after until 2022. I know they are a big American act, with no other reason to be in the uk around that time but they did play The Cheese and Grain so surely can't be ruled out completely? 

Didn’t someone have info saying Foos were headlining?

I'm wondering if we might be setting our sights a little too high with the likes of the Foo Fighters and Coldplay. I'm starting to think the event might feature a group of moderately-sized acts, rather than a stadium-filling headliner.

I know every act has one but I read the schedule and saw the reference to lighting rigs, etc and reiterated my thinking that it'll be Chemical Brothers. 

I don't think we'll see them on the Pyramid (again) as a headliner so this might be a good opportunity.

22 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm wondering if we might be setting our sights a little too high with the likes of the Foo Fighters and Coldplay. I'm starting to think the event might feature a group of moderately-sized acts, rather than a stadium-filling headliner.

I know every act has one but I read the schedule and saw the reference to lighting rigs, etc and reiterated my thinking that it'll be Chemical Brothers. 

I don't think we'll see them on the Pyramid (again) as a headliner so this might be a good opportunity.

Won’t every act need a lighting rig ? I’d love it to be them 🙂 …. Wish we weren’t left in the dark as to who it might b 

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

New Order and the Pet Shop Boys are now both free.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah this is what I’ve been saying. It’ll be acts on the circuit and available that day. Can’t see anyone coming out especially for it.