september 2021 Glastonbury

Big durbs

I'm in for the Friday*

* subject to lineup, subject to ticket availability, subject to variants, subject to fourth waves...

I'm guessing Chemical Brothers Friday, Coldplay Saturday. Two seemingly straightforward but strong bookings, both friends of the fest with close links and both would probably sell it out easily, with a half decent support. I would even go as far as suggesting Chris Martin and the Lads might even announce something at the weekend. Just a total guess but it's feasible.

I refuse to believe Coldplay will be anywhere near the announced line-up. They're very aware people quickly get sick of them, they're just about getting away with doing the Live At Worthy Farm thing, no way they do both.

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

Do you think they'll put on coaches to places like Bristol and Bath after the event due to it being 1 day? 

During the meeting coaches where mentioned to the same kind of destinations that run to ‘local towns’ for the Sunday tickets.

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone know where those local towns tend to be?

This was on the Glastonbury website for Sunday tickets so I'd assume the same. I'm hoping they'll put one on to Bath or trains will run after the last band.

image.png.23d6fcbb8587ec90e536060cfc4c9c82.png

11 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

When do we reckon the line-up will be then? I'm really unlikely to go because or the accommodation issue but I could be tempted! Probably not, though. But maybe.

Yep, in the same boat. Would have to be someone I really want to see as it seems it'll be a bit of faff going for one day from London! 

Would love to go, mind you. Otherwise it's 2023 until I've another chance to get back on the farm 😭

11 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

When do we reckon the line-up will be then? I'm really unlikely to go because or the accommodation issue but I could be tempted! Probably not, though. But maybe.

I think they would announce it within the next few weeks if they decide to press ahead as 80k tickets to shift with no camping is a tall order given how remote Pilton is unless they offer shuttle buses back to somewhere like Bristol as part of a package!

Luckily I managed to book something about 10 miles from the site with free cancellation a few weeks ago. 

12 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

After this weekend would be my guess. Won’t be before Saturday so not to draw focus but maybe next week we’ll get a “following on from the success of the streaming event we are delighted to announce...”

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

After this weekend would be my guess. Won’t be before Saturday so not to draw focus but maybe next week we’ll get a “following on from the success of the streaming event we are delighted to announce...”

They did say during the licence hearing that they'd not thought about a lineup yet and whilst I'm not buying that at all I can't see anything being announced for at the very least a few weeks.

Perhaps they'll wait and announce lineup / ticket details on what would have been the week this year's festival would have been?

Just now, incident said:

Event Management Plan

Do we know what that contains regarding camping? I presume it states there cant be any? Reading these notes could imply there is (if they wanted) potential for camping if you didnt know any better. 

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

Do we know what that contains regarding camping? I presume it states there cant be any? Reading these notes could imply there is (if they wanted) potential for camping if you didnt know any better. 

There's definitely no onsite camping mate, it's part of the conditions of the licence to hold the event being granted. Having said that you might see some of the farms which surround the site and offer the usual glamping during a normal festival put something on?

image.png.4d74dcb2596573ca5700c0b7737dba45.png

Edited by JoeyT
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 6:09 PM, Dukeicon said:

Some new info (maps 🤤) about this on the council website.
Lots of attachments to read through, what a better way to spend your Friday evening!

https://www.mendip.gov.uk/article/9995/Licensing-Sub-Committee-Wednesday-12-May-2021

728575921_Screenshot2021-05-07at18_05_53.thumb.png.4fa62fddb230fbb4ca2763457bc8f3ad.png

120258948_Screenshot2021-05-07at18_06_14.thumb.png.b0323af61f4eca23baafb68440e7ea98.png

Also SL have done a piece on this and it's not just re-hashing old news
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-september-line-up-5377156