Will Glastonbury as it was, ever return?

Redwinevino

Forgive me for being pessimistic here, but it's very hard to see it as it was returning, with that amount of people on top on each other etc 

Might just be a bleak feeling with today's news and lockdown getting extended in Northern Ireland but - being in a huge crowd of people crammed in like sardines walking to ShangriLa seems like a relic of the past currently.

9 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

Forgive me for being pessimistic here, but it's very hard to see it as it was returning, with that amount of people on top on each other etc 

Might just be a bleak feeling with today's news and lockdown getting extended in Northern Ireland but - being in a huge crowd of people crammed in like sardines walking to ShangriLa seems like a relic of the past currently.

It will 100% be back at some point.

I'd expect 2022 to be just the same as it used to be. If not, then 2023 will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

It will 100% be back at some point.

I'd expect 2022 to be just the same as it used to be. If not, then 2023 will.

This 100%.

You know when it's been cold and raining for three weeks solid and you can't remember what a blue sky looks like and it feels impossible to imagine that you could ever go outside on a lovely summer day?

It's that. This pandemic will go away. Fully go away. The virus may not entirely leave, but all *this*? It will be over. It's just taking ages, but it will go.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 12

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This 100%.

You know when it's been cold and raining for three weeks solid and you can't remember what a blue sky looks like and it feels impossible to imagine that you could ever go outside on a lovely summer day?

It's that. This pandemic will go away. Fully go away. The virus may not entirely leave, but all *this*? It will be over. It's just taking ages, but it will go.

Exactly this ^^^

Think it will be even better to be honest. We may have taken Glasto for granted over the years as its always there each year. I just think we are so going to appreciate it more going forward, and therfore make the most of the little time we have at Worthy Farm each year. And we will appreciate each other even more after what we have all been through recently, and Glasto punters are very appreciative of like minded individuals each year anyway..

There's going to be a damn load of love there next year. Best year ever I reckon. And I don't have a ticket....yet

• Upvote 1

There are countries in the world where things are pretty, if not completely normal right now. It seems hard to imagine now right now, but we’ll be there soon enough.

There were essentially meant to be three parts of this pandemic, initial lockdown, containment, then vaccination. Through a mixture of track and trace not working as it should, government fuck ups and new variants the containment part has ended up like the first part, so things seem bleak, but we’re entering the final stage. This time next year things will be completely different.

Glastonbury will be back stronger than ever next year, my only concern is around the people who more or less rely on it, or dedicate a large part of their year to it. They can’t not work for three years, so will they be lost to the festival forever, or will they return next year?

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This 100%.

Love this x

• Upvote 1