Pregnant / Baby at Glasto

Dreamingofsunnydays

Hello all!

Now unfortunately due to today’s heartbreaking news about this years festival being cancelled, this has now made us reassess our...life choices.

My wife and I are not getting any younger (36 and 35). We had thought about having the discussion about kids, and this has now pushed it to the forefront resulting in me acting like a bit of a dick by saying I would go anyway (bad move). I was upset!

So my question is, would Glastonbury be ok having never done it before and never having children before either pregnant or with a very young baby!?

We’d probably still look at at camping in a tent if that’s feasible!

We had our first child in October just gone. We were planning on being at Glastonbury while my wife was pregnant in 2020, but were actually a bit relieved when it was cancelled as we realistically probably wouldn’t have gone. Mrs Blutarsky would have been 5 months pregnant and getting around the site, sleeping in a tent etc wouldn’t have been feasible really. 

Similar feeling this time around as this June our daughter would have been 8/9 months old and too you b to take with us, as far as we were concerned. We’d then have had to assess whether we would be comfortable leaving her for 3-5 days with grandparents, and to be honest Mrs B was already veeery twitchy about that (plus she’s breastfeeding...). 

We will go 2022 for sure though, either with an 18 month old or leaving her at home. If we can get lucky in the resale. 

Basically I think it’s down to your personal values of how you feel about leaving a little one with family for almost a week, or taking them to a very loud and busy environment when they’re potentially a bit too young for it. 

I’m not best placed to answer this. In 2014 my other half was two days over due and I went for sat and sun. Serves us right for getting over zealous after bagging a ticket in the Oct sales. 

A friend went in 2016 in the latter stages of pregnancy after thinking that having been going for several years she new what’s what, she and her fella had a torrid time. 2016 was quite damp though.

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot

I’ve taken a 1 year old to glasto and camped in the family field and it was great.  Not the festival I was used to, but still a brilliant new experience.  NCT in kids field were super helpful.  You end up having a lot of gear but it’s totally doable.