I am going to .............. festival instead.

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Yep, that is another option I’d forgotten about. It’s the weekend before but that still works fine for us. No lineup or announcement as to whether it’s happening yet. 
have you been? 

Been once and loved it. Hoping to head back this year if it's on

18 hours ago, Memory Man said:

No thats the age range of people that go. As everywhere theres some idiots and some lovely people! It is a dance music festival in the main and therefore attracts that kind of crowd. If you can afford it the banquets/feasts are absolutely amazing. I didnt have a great experience in the standard campsite but the boutique was a lot more chill as you’d expect.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping. 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:53 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

When you say 18-30, do you just mean the age group or are you saying it is has that 18-30 vibe? I'm quite keen on it from what I can see but I don't want to go to some version of Magaluf!

From my experience age. 

I was 35 when I went, in fact all of our group were mid thirties and we were definitely amongst the oldest there. 

The crowd was very friendly though, was a very relaxed and happy vibe all weekend. 

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

From my experience age. 

I was 35 when I went, in fact all of our group were mid thirties and we were definitely amongst the oldest there. 

The crowd was very friendly though, was a very relaxed and happy vibe all weekend. 

That's cool. I don't mind being older than everyone at all as long as it's got good vibes. Sounds it.

I think I'd maybe even be tempted to push the boat out if we do go and maybe do a glamping option. Would never normally do anything like that but we've not spent anything on holidays for two years so feel like it might be nice to splash out and make it as low stress as possible. Would be great to turn up to a festival with just a bag and nothing else for once.

37 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's cool. I don't mind being older than everyone at all as long as it's got good vibes. Sounds it.

I think I'd maybe even be tempted to push the boat out if we do go and maybe do a glamping option. Would never normally do anything like that but we've not spent anything on holidays for two years so feel like it might be nice to splash out and make it as low stress as possible. Would be great to turn up to a festival with just a bag and nothing else for once.

We’ll do the same if we go again this year I think. 

The main campsite was fairly lively, the music is finished by 2am so lots of partying back at the tents usually. 

On 2/3/2021 at 3:53 PM, blutarsky said:

Yep, that is another option I’d forgotten about. It’s the weekend before but that still works fine for us. No lineup or announcement as to whether it’s happening yet. 
have you been? 

I’ve been to Beautiful Days and it’s a brilliant family festival. I haven’t got kids but it was actually one of the joys of the festival to see how much fun the kids were having!

It has a great vibe for adults too, lively but not lairy, spread out enough for exploring, but close enough to nip between stages. Exceptionally clean, even the toilets!

The line ups are usually decent but I think line ups will be a little compromised for any festivals that go ahead this year, so it’ll be about the vibe & this has it.

My only issues with it was that the Oxfam shifts are nearly all up fire towers which is quite dull, & I live in the north west so it is very far, but the festival itself was great.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Beautiful Days just sent a mail shot out saying decision on 2021 festival to be made by early April.

Yeah I think most festivals will be deciding for sure by end of April. 

Leaving it any later for mid/large festivals just won't be viable.

Then we will see the social distancing events pop up again..

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

My local one (Truck) have said something similar.

What's your suspicion that will happen? (IIRC you used to work at lots of festivals)

8 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Greenman have said they'll make a call in the next couple of months. and that's mid-end August for 25k capacity so ties into the April thing.

14 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My local one (Truck) have said something similar.

What's your suspicion that will happen? (IIRC you used to work at lots of festivals)

Yeah Bearded have also said April.

Yeah I did, and still do to an extent.

Personally I was confident we would have them up and running by end of summer, so end July onwards would have been fine.

Now with this whole new SA variant and the potential less immunity with vaccines and the general media surrounding it all, am less optimistic for large events this summer 😞

5 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Yeah Bearded have also said April.

Yeah I did, and still do to an extent.

Personally I was confident we would have them up and running by end of summer, so end July onwards would have been fine.

Now with this whole new SA variant and the potential less immunity with vaccines and the general media surrounding it all, am less optimistic for large events this summer 😞

Sigh. 😞

We were going to do Beautiful Days and Watchet but having had a talk about it decided against. If they do go ahead we would be attending with an unvaccinated Mrs B (due to breastfeeding) and an unvaccinated mini-B (due to being under 1-year-old). Going to a heavy traffic event doesn't seem the smartest thing to do, so we will wait for 2022. 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

We were going to do Beautiful Days and Watchet but having had a talk about it decided against. If they do go ahead we would be attending with an unvaccinated Mrs B (due to breastfeeding) and an unvaccinated mini-B (due to being under 1-year-old). Going to a heavy traffic event doesn't seem the smartest thing to do, so we will wait for 2022. 

Sad times but can see that being the sensible option.

So how did she handle the news that you'll be going without them?

On 2/2/2021 at 9:27 PM, Joshuwarr said:

Any recommendations for a weekend camping festival that has some decent after hours entertainment? Had tickets for Lost Village last year and tempted again for this year if the line up holds up.

European festivals are always good for after hours. They generally don't get moving until after dark and keep things going until about 6am.

10 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Entirely your decision and appreciate the reasons, but the NHS are advising the vaccines are safe for breastfeeding, just currently advising against having while pregnant. Presume a difference between what spreads from placenta as opposed to milk. 

Obviously she still might not want to, just in case you didn't know!

On 2/9/2021 at 12:22 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Entirely your decision and appreciate the reasons, but the NHS are advising the vaccines are safe for breastfeeding, just currently advising against having while pregnant. Presume a difference between what spreads from placenta as opposed to milk. 

Obviously she still might not want to, just in case you didn't know!

Ty

Had thought about beautiful days so obviously will wait until their April decision. Seems there will still be tickets available. Also looked at Cropredy, lovely area, nice pubs with live entertainment in the village, laid back, tent next to car. Again they will be making a decision in the spring. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So where we all heading then? 

Now hoping some day festivals will be on such as All Points East.

Just tried to book Field Day and it’s sold out!! 

It's not sold out on Resident Advisor, I'd be quick though

https://ra.co/events/1359088#tickets

Edited by tigger123