I am going to .............. festival instead.

Chrisp1986

11 hours ago, amfy said:

Just decided to book Bearded tonight. It could be hard to get an Oxfam place but more and more I maybe need to just have one chance to just kick back in a field somewhere this year.

I have Reading booked. But Bearded looks tempting. 😶

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, gfa said:

Thanks for this - really like the lineup of the old ones I am definitely going to start watching this.

No worries! Haven't been to Bilbao either so a nice excuse for a long weekend away. Dont think the music starts till the evening so plenty of time to explore the city during the day!

On 1/24/2021 at 8:24 AM, sadimmock said:

Does anyone know anything about the Bigfoot Festival  ( https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/ )  Apparently it's by the organisers of the Bristol Craft Beer Festival. I'm thinking about giving it a go given it's pretty local to me and I have a moderate interest in Craft Beer (prefer Cask, but hey ho...)

Just seen the ticket offer -£99 per person?!? 

Any idea if theres a few more 'Big Names' to be added? The way the poster is laid out implies only Primal Scream are headlining? 

Its a pretty stacked lineup already but a few more names would be enough for me to handover my funds for sure.

28 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is where I am with it. Will hopefully go to one, but I'm not convinced enough about events this summer to book yet. Appreciate my options might be a bit limited if I leave it too long, but going to wait and see for a bit. 

I'm hopeful, though, and it cheers me up to look at options! 

Same here. 

I already have stuff from last year, moved to this year, which will again be potentially moved to 2022!

Can’t book a festival until I know it won’t be rolled over, otherwise 2022 is going to be stacked!

I’m really optimistic there’ll be some great parties Autumn onwards though.

15 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Any idea if theres a few more 'Big Names' to be added? The way the poster is laid out implies only Primal Scream are headlining? 

Its a pretty stacked lineup already but a few more names would be enough for me to handover my funds for sure.

I have a feeling that there maybe another big name added, but I have got no idea who. As you say it's pretty stacked so I'm happy with it fro £99. To be honest i just want to go to a festival again! 

26 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I have a feeling that there maybe another big name added, but I have got no idea who. As you say it's pretty stacked so I'm happy with it fro £99. To be honest i just want to go to a festival again! 

From what i can work out from their website theres definitely 3 stages, possibly more, and they've announced 25 acts so far, which effectively means 3 bands per day per stage. So yeah, theres definitely a load more names to be added, whether or not there are big names we will have to wait and see!*

*appreciate this is a sweeping generalisation 

5 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Bearded is only 130 and they have confirmed Placebo with Primal and Patti Smith also looking very likely. Most of May 2021 line up has transferred to September which also included Johnny Marr and Flaming Lips

6 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

No worries! Haven't been to Bilbao either so a nice excuse for a long weekend away. Dont think the music starts till the evening so plenty of time to explore the city during the day!

I went to Bilbao last fallow year, cities beautiful. 

Music starts about 6pm and headliners are 1am start time so pretty different, also gets freezing at night! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Bearded is only 130 and they have confirmed Placebo with Primal and Patti Smith also looking very likely. Most of May 2021 line up has transferred to September which also included Johnny Marr and Flaming Lips

Unfortunately I’m busy that weekend otherwise Bearded was a goer! 

47 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

I went to Bilbao last fallow year, cities beautiful. 

Music starts about 6pm and headliners are 1am start time so pretty different, also gets freezing at night! 

Perfect set up then. Plenty of time during the day to make the most of what sounds a cracking city. 
Hopefully they release some news soon on the festival, desperately need something to look forward too during these dark and gloomy months 

30 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Just booked valley fest ( a small local fest ) good couple of bands I would like to see.

and we get to give some support to a small fest 🙂 

This looks good the setting is lovely!! Would like to steward here!! Fingers crossed they csn go ahead!! Not to far away either!!! 

Yeah - it looks great. I liked the idea of getting the coach and have done that to other festivals (including Glastonbury last time round) but I will be with my kids and just couldn't see it working for us! Will look at the car share stuff nearer the time though. We might be able to squeeze another one in if anyone needs a lift from Manchester.

Haven’t been since 2016 but Shambala is small and great. 
Makes a nice change to not have to walk miles between stages. And the fact you don’t lose your entire group if you nip to the loo or back to the tent. 
There is so much to see and do for kids and adults alike. 
Now just 🙏🏼 that 2021 can go ahead.

10 minutes ago, gibble said:

Yeah - it looks great. I liked the idea of getting the coach and have done that to other festivals (including Glastonbury last time round) but I will be with my kids and just couldn't see it working for us! Will look at the car share stuff nearer the time though. We might be able to squeeze another one in if anyone needs a lift from Manchester.

Awesome, I'm in liverpool at the moment so might be good for me if I'm still there when it happens... might also be going down south though, so who knows.

5 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Haven’t been since 2016 but Shambala is small and great. 
Makes a nice change to not have to walk miles between stages. And the fact you don’t lose your entire group if you nip to the loo or back to the tent. 
There is so much to see and do for kids and adults alike. 
Now just 🙏🏼 that 2021 can go ahead.

Honestly really looking forward to it! At this point I don't even care much about lineups or anything, I just want nice chill summer vibes relaxing in a field 💚

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Awesome, I'm in liverpool at the moment so might be good for me if I'm still there when it happens... might also be going down south though, so who knows.

Honestly really looking forward to it! At this point I don't even care much about lineups or anything, I just want nice chill summer vibes relaxing in a field 💚

Give me a shout when you know and I'll see what we can do!

Listening to Gene Simmons on tv this morning. He was talking about his headline at Download this year and said no way will Kiss  play if there is any chance it might cause a Covid infection spread. Didn’t sound too confident. I always liked a monsters or rock/download festival but can’t see it happening. 

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anyone get Shambala tickets?

Well yes, but only by 'accident'!

Bought four for Mrs Benny after supporting the Crowdfunder with guaranteed tickets, only for one of her party to jib. the ladies will be glamping, so I will tent it with the great unwashed. Kind of a perfect arrangement, actually...!

So, I've got two chances for actually doing anything this summer - Boomtown and Shambala. Obviously it's entirely possible/likely that neither will happen, but at least I've got dogs in both fights.*

Ben

*I want to be clear that use of this expression is in no way connected to the involvement of Mrs Benny

Edited by bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well yes, but only by 'accident'!

Bought four for Mrs Benny after supporting the Crowdfunder with guaranteed tickets, only for one of her party to jib. the ladies will be glamping, so I will tent it with the great unwashed. Kind of a perfect arrangement, actually...!

So, I've got two chances for actually doing anything this summer - Boomtown and Shambala. Obviously it's entirely possible/likely that neither will happen, but at least I've got dogs in both fights.*

Ben

*I want to be clear that use of this expression is in no way connected to the involvement of Mrs Benny

Just spat my coffee out at the last paragraph!