I am going to .............. festival instead.

Chrisp1986

13 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

No way they would bring that in here. 😅

This isn't Asia, is there any western countries that have introduced this?

Will they be supplying mobile phones too? 

Both Australia and New Zealand have hotel quarantine for all arrivals (nationals) on arrival. I did it myself in November.

Article on the guardian that there is increasing pressure on Johnson to now implement this. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/24/boris-johnson-urged-blanket-covid-border-controls-uk

Edited by MrBarry465

10 hours ago, MrBarry465 said:

Both Australia and New Zealand have hotel quarantine for all arrivals (nationals) on arrival. I did it myself in November.

Article on the guardian that there is increasing pressure on Johnson to now implement this. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/24/boris-johnson-urged-blanket-covid-border-controls-uk

I was on about the tags. I know Australia and NZ have the hotel quarantine.

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Tags might be an easier and cheaper method of forcing quarantine though, so it might be an option.

As I said they won't bring that in here in the UK, not a chance.

Anyway taking this discussion over to the 'When will this shit end?' thread as it's more relevant there than here. 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/233675-when-will-this-shit-end/?do=findComment&comment=6079317

Just remembered about BIME festival in Bilbao. Usually late October / Early November and is a nice mix between electronic and rock. Had some quality headliners over the years; Kraftwork, Prodigy, Aphex Twin, Foals, Jamiroquai and MGMT to name a few. 

No information yet for 2021 but its one ill be keeping my eye on! 

43 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Been looking at alternatives all weekend but am yet to pull the trigger and buy a ticket. 

Mainly because the majority of my festival buddies don’t think any will go ahead this year. 

Are we being overly optimistic in here?!

Yeah I won't be booking anything for a while. No chance of getting my partner to commit to something this far out with the way things are!

So ultimately if I do get to one it'll depend on what's still got tickets for sale...

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Been looking at alternatives all weekend but am yet to pull the trigger and buy a ticket. 

Mainly because the majority of my festival buddies don’t think any will go ahead this year. 

Are we being overly optimistic in here?!

Bearded only changed to September a few days ago and appear confident on social media.

I’d be confident of some festivals happening. Glastonbury is a complete outlier, most festivals are commercial enterprises, if they don’t happen they don’t make any money. Many will have no choice but to try their absolute hardest to make them happen. No other festival apart from Glastonbury can afford to say ‘oh well, let’s just lay low until next year’.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’d be confident of some festivals happening. Glastonbury is a complete outlier, most festivals are commercial enterprises, if they don’t happen they don’t make any money. Many will have no choice but to try their absolute hardest to make them happen. No other festival apart from Glastonbury can afford to say ‘oh well, let’s just lay low until next year’.

Possibly Reading and Leeds? But I think they will go ahead.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:24 AM, sadimmock said:

Does anyone know anything about the Bigfoot Festival  ( https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/ )  Apparently it's by the organisers of the Bristol Craft Beer Festival. I'm thinking about giving it a go given it's pretty local to me and I have a moderate interest in Craft Beer (prefer Cask, but hey ho...)

Just bought tickets for this. They're doing 4 for the price of 3, which made it £99 pp including fees.

It's the weekend before Glasto, so that's against it. On the other hand they seem pretty bullish about being able to pull it off, and if not, I guess I get refunded: https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/info/covid-safety-ticket-policy/

8 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

Just bought tickets for this. They're doing 4 for the price of 3, which made it £99 pp including fees.

It's the weekend before Glasto, so that's against it. On the other hand they seem pretty bullish about being able to pull it off, and if not, I guess I get refunded: https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/info/covid-safety-ticket-policy/

I think that we have decided to give this a go. I'll look into buying tickets over the weekend; we need something to look forward to! 

22 hours ago, sadimmock said:

I think that we have decided to give this a go. I'll look into buying tickets over the weekend; we need something to look forward to! 

They seem to have sold out of the standard campervan tickets already so if you are thinking of going in a camper you might need to hunt around for a ticket or pay for the rather expensive live in vehicle over 6 x 9m option. 

I went to Camper Calling on the same site in 2018 and its  a quite nice venue. If the weather is good it should make for a decent festival. However the traffic trying to get in was an issue as it was directed in a large loop around the perimeter which took hours of sitting in traffic to clear. Hopefully that is now sorted as it must have been a nightmare for both attendees and the locals trying to get past.

Just grabbed a Shambala ticket. Still 50/50 if it will go ahead but as it’s not until August Bank Holiday weekend I want to believe it stands a slight chance. 
They also give the option for a refund up until 4 weeks before or automatically rollover to 2022 if it can’t go ahead. 

2 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Just grabbed a Shambala ticket. Still 50/50 if it will go ahead but as it’s not until August Bank Holiday weekend I want to believe it stands a slight chance. 
They also give the option for a refund up until 4 weeks before or automatically rollover to 2022 if it can’t go ahead. 

How did you get one already? Didn't think they were on sale yet...

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How did you get one already? Didn't think they were on sale yet...

I donated to their Crowdfunder last year and chose early ticket link access as my donation reward. 
General release is this coming Monday at 12pm. 

On 1/25/2021 at 8:46 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Just remembered about BIME festival in Bilbao. Usually late October / Early November and is a nice mix between electronic and rock. Had some quality headliners over the years; Kraftwork, Prodigy, Aphex Twin, Foals, Jamiroquai and MGMT to name a few. 

No information yet for 2021 but its one ill be keeping my eye on! 

Thanks for this - really like the lineup of the old ones I am definitely going to start watching this.

18 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Still so tempted with End of the Road but think it’s better to wait a couple of months to see where we are regarding events etc?

This is where I am with it. Will hopefully go to one, but I'm not convinced enough about events this summer to book yet. Appreciate my options might be a bit limited if I leave it too long, but going to wait and see for a bit. 

I'm hopeful, though, and it cheers me up to look at options!