I am going to .............. festival instead.

Chrisp1986

I went to BT in 2019 and it was lovely little festival. I didn't bother booking for 2020 as I secured a Glasto ticket and also didn't quite fancy the line up.

Just booked a ticket now as the thought of spending time on a lovely site such as this with good friends, and drinking reasonably priced beer, is something to look forward to.

See you there.

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The French board game?

Festival in Utrecht with a range of  curators focusing on international and underrepresented music. Still gets some big names though such as Girl Band, Deerhunter, Aldous Harding, Fatamouta Diawara, The Raincoats, Vashti Bunyan, JPEGMAFIA and Midori Takada  in the past year or two. 

I'd highly recommend it. Wonderfully diverse and takes place in some brilliant venues. 

I've got tickets for Primavera, Reading & 2000trees.

Primavera is apparently being rescheduled for September but even that seems optimistic to me.

Reading probably has the best chance of the bigger festivals but I expect it'll get canned.

2000trees is a smaller event and so does have *some* chance of going ahead but July might be a bit too early for it.

Looking at Green Man & EOTR as more likely options but reluctant to commit to any more spending at the moment with non refundable booking fees.

Failing to get Glastonbury 2020 tickets, I got the full works for Rock Werchter (travel, special camping, entry). Just waiting on that to be cancelled again, and finally get there in 2022.

I can't see many festivals happening, but I do wonder if we'll get Godiva festival in september. They're always one-off acts rarely tied into any touring schedule.

Looking at the Cropredy festival. Been once before but only because the Levellers were playing.  Nice Avalon field vibe about it though a bit folky. You can park car beside tent and wander around the village which has two pubs also with bands playing.  Thing is, nothing anywhere is like our Glastonbury ☹️

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looking at the Cropredy festival. Been once before but only because the Levellers were playing.  Nice Avalon field vibe about it though a bit folky. You can park car beside tent and wander around the village which has two pubs also with bands playing.  Thing is, nothing anywhere is like our Glastonbury ☹️

Beautiful days is the one if you like the Levellers ... Escot park near exeter in Devon .... definitely the one I have my eye on ..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Beautiful days is the one if you like the Levellers ... Escot park near exeter in Devon .... definitely the one I have my eye on ..

Cheers, I’ve been thinking about that one as well, will look into it and check it’s dates. If I remember it coincided with something we had already booked but let’s face it, everything is up in the air now. 

Primavera or Sonar are options as I've got a flight to Barcelona to use, but looks like they either won't go ahead or will move to September (has anybody heard a potential September date for either btw?). Lost Village, Boomtown, or Sziget have all also been mention, but again - no idea if they'll happen.

I've got a Love Saves the Day ticket as it our groups annual fest, and that's moved to September and downsized. I'm probably most confident of this one going ahead, but it still seems potentially unlikely.  

I think we’ve given up on the idea of a festival this summer. Looking at more of a holiday somewhere around the Mediterranean instead. I’d love to say Mad Cool or NOS Alive but it’s just too much of a ball ache. I figure holidays to places like France/Italy (largely) went ahead last summer, so it’s a fairly safe bet for this summer as well!

Ideally wanting to stay in an apartment with a balcony by the coast so I can spend the week slowly replacing my blood content with red wine while listening to Menos El Oso.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Where people have the same spot for their chairs every year down to the last inch - and wo betide anyone that infringes on their god given right !

Edited by ivan

Lost Village have just released a statement following Glastonbury's announcement, effectively saying they'll make a decision at the end of May.

Out of all the festivals i'm planning, this one seems to be my best bet. 

As well as being a small festival, we’re also positioned at the end of August, meaning we don’t need to make any rushed decisions regarding this year. As it stands, we expect to have a clearer idea by the end of May.

I’m hoping the situation improves enough to get one or two in with Oxfam. But the one I’m really holding out for to save the summer is Noisily. After this dark time, I really need a bit of that in my life.