I am going to .............. festival instead.

Chrisp1986

Has anyone got any plans on where they will head instead? My last festival was Glastonbury 2017. I turn 35 tomorrow. I have been to 22 weekend camping festivals. These stats show how much I miss the festivals that I live and work for.

Is there any that may be doable at all? Willing to travel anywhere including possibly Europe if it increases the chances.

2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Has anyone got any plans on where they will head instead? My last festival was Glastonbury 2017. I turn 35 tomorrow. I have been to 22 weekend camping festivals. These stats show how much I miss the festivals that I live and work for.

Is there any that may be doable at all? Willing to travel anywhere including possibly Europe if it increases the chances.

Enjoy dot to dot festival ........ 

I'm booked in for lost village in August, it's pretty small so i'm about 75% confident that will go ahead 

As for the actual glastonbury date i'll go to meet up with the people i was meant to go with and just get in a sorry state with them (providing we can at least have groups of 6 by then)

May go to Beardy Folk which is scheduled for same weekend as Glasto would have been.  Folk isn't really my thing but it's local, my friend is going, it serves Hobsons beer and they actually managed to run it last September and it was sooooo good to be at a festival.  Being so tiny it was so easy and relaxing too.  Two alternating stages, no stress over who to see!

I've got Boomtown booked for mid August... 

Expect we will know by Easter(ish) it that's going ahead.

I wanted Green Man too but my kids and wife won't let me do two weekends in a row! 

Edited by vintagelaureate

I'd love Bluedot to be on, great festival that is fairly local to me, great line up, and some sciencey stuff to pretend to be interested in for one weekend. But, it probably won't be. Failing that, GreenMan. But, can't see that being on either. Maybe one day things will be on later in the year...New Order in Heaton Pk?

Edited by steviewevie

1 minute ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Anyone been to Boomtown? Good for kids at all? Seen they have a kids area.

Just not sure on this not knowing line up idea, previous line ups look OK but there is that risk it won't be great and wife will only go people she generally 'knows'.......

They're refocusing on the immersive element and being smaller which could be great for kids. However I've never heard it mentioned really when people talk about family friendly festivals.