Boardmasters 2021

StuMalinas

I think there's definitely something in the demographics side of it with Boardmasters vs Latitude. The behaviour I observed at 110 Above and Latitude was younger people are either more likely to get involved in mosh pits and more crucially, go to the DJ tents at night. A whole festival of that demographic and it doesn't surprise me seeing those numbers. I think that's where it was spreading - I kept thinking during any of the outdoor gig bits "this is completely fine" - such little chance of spread. But those DJ tents looked crazy, with the associated loud talking and singing. (All said with no judgement I was well jealous but wasn't about to get involved)  

I don't have the same faith in the vaccines others do considering i personally know people with two who have both caught and spread it (within their family) - I think zero, one or two you're going at your own risk.  I think for now it's all about comfort levels around catching it if you go to an event, until it gets to a point in a month or so when it needs further mitigations in place and realistically they'll be stopped again fully in a couple of months. 

Obviously there are the moral issues on what happens outside and who you then spread it to, but everyone's circumstances are different, and you have to manage your own risk and responsibility. I'm lucky enough that I'm able to practically isolate apart from all these events I'm going to, to make the most of it all before autumn comes. 

Very interesting times....Leeds and Reading will be really bad I think. 

Obviously I'm going to Leeds for a day and Neighbourhood Weekender the week after 😂

Edited by efcfanwirral

Starting to see reports from people at beautiful days who are double jabbed and have tested positive now they're home. Sounds like the Delta variant doing its thing so just hope not too many end up suffering too badly.

Have to say the LFT tests aren't helping right now as they are so open to abuse. I've been testing regularly despite double vacc especially as I've spent most weekends since mid June at mass participation events all be it covid secure ones and then the last 2 weeks in 3 different locations on holiday. 

11 hours ago, atomised said:

Starting to see reports from people at beautiful days who are double jabbed and have tested positive now they're home. Sounds like the Delta variant doing its thing so just hope not too many end up suffering too badly.

Have to say the LFT tests aren't helping right now as they are so open to abuse. I've been testing regularly despite double vacc especially as I've spent most weekends since mid June at mass participation events all be it covid secure ones and then the last 2 weeks in 3 different locations on holiday. 

Of course they aren't. They were proven not to help a long time ago. 

More than this though, Boardmasters is reported to have almost 5k covid cases arising from it. It's okay though as the majority are 16-19 and it doesn't matter.