Boardmasters 2021

StuMalinas

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Innocent until proven guilty. 👍

hmmm.... probably not really good enough. Is he going to plead guilty at the hearing next month?

when it comes to this sort of accusation, its just going to make people feel shitty if he turns out to be a domestic abuser next month

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

hmmm.... probably not really good enough. Is he going to plead guilty at the hearing next month?

when it comes to this sort of accusation, its just going to make people feel shitty if he turns out to be a domestic abuser next month

Not the right sub forum for this discussion, so will leave it as it is.

Just got back home from this and it was without doubt the most poorly organised festival I’ve ever been to. 

They clearly didn’t have the infrastructure to host a ~50,000 (felt like way more than this) people festival. Toilets were literally unusable from Thursday onwards, meaning poor kids (average age of the festival felt about 18) were having to literally s**t in the bushes. Not to mention girls having to squat infront of hundreds of people just to go for a piss. 

Hearing about the current traffic situation on the site doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, we left at 7am as we couldn’t wait to get away from the place. Friends of mine left on Friday as it was pretty unliveable.

Utter piss take from the people in charge, because these seem to me like some real schoolboy errors here - whether they were just cutting corners to benefit financially is another conversation I guess, but some kids would have had a truly awful (first) festival experience this weekend which is just not fair. Rant over but feel like something definitely needs to be done about this, as it felt very much like the UK’s answer to Fyre Festival.

2 hours ago, Rex2 said:

And also shutting the water off last night In the campsite. Couldn't even meet basic human needs. 

Notsure where that was but mine was fine, probably a good reason for that as water will cost them literally nothing.

Got out around 5pm and that was only because we found a shortcut in the way out - people were going crazy and breaking barriers to make new routes and nobody was there marshalling. Some of the people we were with hadn’t done festivals before and had a great time which was good. The afterparty was also appalling, the club in town was an absolute dump and i’d agree about the toilets, for a festival that has half the capacity of Reading there must have been a tenth as many toilets. Bar queues were fine at least and the acts were great, everyone i saw I really enjoyed although I thought Easy Life didn’t translate to the main stage well (weird main stage too also, its absolutely tiny for a 50k festival and slopes uphill for some reason. Beach definitely a huge plus though

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Surprised nobody is talking about the cases after this, Newquay now worst area in the UK and the comments on this says everything - https://www.instagram.com/p/CSxHoEvg2Dj/

I came on here to see if anyone had mentioned this having read on twitter about a spike. Largely confined to the 16 to 19 age group

On 8/19/2021 at 10:45 PM, gfa said:

Surprised nobody is talking about the cases after this, Newquay now worst area in the UK and the comments on this says everything - https://www.instagram.com/p/CSxHoEvg2Dj/

Because everyone ignored covid on here when gigs could go ahead in their masses for people not fully vaccinated.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:59 PM, atomised said:

I came on here to see if anyone had mentioned this having read on twitter about a spike. Largely confined to the 16 to 19 age group

I fucking said this would happen and that the rules and provisions aren't strict enough. But no, you lot knew best, choosing down vote and go against my view every time. I say you lot as well because you @atomised were a huge culprit of it. But remember, the chances of a lot of cases are low, 16 -19 years olds aren't at risk that much etc. 

You actually thought it was okay to go into a festival of that size with no restrictions without a definitive confirmation were many of being negative.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Because everyone ignored covid on here when gigs could go ahead in their masses for people not fully vaccinated.

I fucking said this would happen and that the rules and provisions aren't strict enough. But no, you lot knew best, choosing down vote and go against my view every time. I say you lot as well because you @atomised were a huge culprit of it. But remember, the chances of a lot of cases are low, 16 -19 years olds aren't at risk that much etc. 

You actually thought it was okay to go into a festival of that size with no restrictions without a definitive confirmation were many of being negative.

I've always thought some form of restrictions should be in place for as long as they are needed. Unfortunately the powers that be don't seem keen on putting those restrictions on the under 20s age group. That's the mistake being made currently. 

1 hour ago, atomised said:

I've always thought some form of restrictions should be in place for as long as they are needed. Unfortunately the powers that be don't seem keen on putting those restrictions on the under 20s age group. That's the mistake being made currently. 

To which I have said but said above, you and others gave me grief for this and chose to suddenly ignore that for your greater needs. So not only did they make that choice but you lost went along with them. As I said, come at me with your comments, down votes etc etc but the shit will hit the fan. I don't take great delight in people catching covid like others who said for that age to catch it that it is okay!, it's never bloody okay! But for some of the people I thought were twats on here and now the confirmation is there, I 100% confirm I do.

• Upvote 1

Just now, thewayiam said:

To which I have said but said above, you and others gave me grief for this and chose to suddenly ignore that for your greater needs. So not only did they make that choice but you lost went along with them. As I said, come at me with your comments, down votes etc etc but the shit will hit the fan. I don't take great delight in people catching covid like others who said for that age to catch it that it is okay!, it's never bloody okay! But for some of the people I thought were twats on here and now the confirmation is there, I 100% confirm I do.

I take no delight in it either so feel I'm being a bit misrepresented here. My comments from what I recall previously centred around getting back to live music and hoping it could happen soon. I don't recall saying I wanted to get back to live music at any cost

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don’t think many of us agree with stuff opening but also want to just make the most of this summer incase restrictions do come back.

i meant Boardmasters in particular also because of how bad it has been, Latitude and other events were not even close to as bad (i say that despite getting covid there mind you)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don’t think many of us agree with stuff opening but also want to just make the most of this summer incase restrictions do come back.

i meant Boardmasters in particular also because of how bad it has been, Latitude and other events were not even close to as bad (i say that despite getting covid there mind you)

It seems from some Of the threads I've seen virtually everyone there caught it. I'm sure it's not quite that bad but it does seem an outlier compared to the info that is starting to come out from the other test events suggesting that infection rates were similar to what would be expected.

6 hours ago, atomised said:

I take no delight in it either so feel I'm being a bit misrepresented here. My comments from what I recall previously centred around getting back to live music and hoping it could happen soon. I don't recall saying I wanted to get back to live music at any cost

I recall you having issue with my comments and opinions why it's silly. Cornwall cases over the last 7 days have spiked, we got an average overall of an extra 10k a day for 3 days. Next weekend as well as a bank holiday, we aren't sending 50k into a free for all. We are sending 170k into the same position with the majority in the same age bracket of 16/17 - 21 with the same entry terms. Many 18+ haven't had the double dose yet as they are only opening now to 16 - 18s and you've got to have 3 weeks separation.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Many were VERY open for stuff to go ahead regardless. I was happy to as long as the best solution to combat this were taken! The proof is there. People getting the pfizer are being caught with the virus in late teens/early 20s quite easily without the second jab. Not helping yourself here much lol.

46 minutes ago, stanh said:

i think boardmasters just seems a lot more than other festivals because of the main demographic that was there, and of course being a LOT more vocal on social media about having it as well - i do definitely feel that has had an impact on why cases seem to be a lot higher than other festivals that have taken place so far this year in england. with that being said, i must be one of the lucky ones not catching it there, mind you, my mates didn’t either…

You are full of fucking horse shit! You think it's because of the demographic that mainly attended it? Really? Yet you've down voted me for posting a comment saying the same thing given my reasons against it originally. What a contradictory prat you are showing yourself for everything I mentioned lol.

• Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I recall you having issue with my comments and opinions why it's silly. Cornwall cases over the last 7 days have spiked, we got an average overall of an extra 10k a day for 3 days. Next weekend as well as a bank holiday, we aren't sending 50k into a free for all. We are sending 170k into the same position with the majority in the same age bracket of 16/17 - 21 with the same entry terms. Many 18+ haven't had the double dose yet as they are only opening now to 16 - 18s and you've got to have 3 weeks separation.

Many were VERY open for stuff to go ahead regardless. I was happy to as long as the best solution to combat this were taken! The proof is there. People getting the pfizer are being caught with the virus in late teens/early 20s quite easily without the second jab. Not helping yourself here much lol.

You are full of fucking horse shit! You think it's because of the demographic that mainly attended it? Really? Yet you've down voted me for posting a comment saying the same thing given my reasons against it originally. What a contradictory prat you are showing yourself for everything I mentioned lol.

I certainly don't recall that. I've had issues with the way you set upon people who disagree with you because of some weird thing I've not a clue about that went on historically. Broadly speaking I'm on the same page as you and voiced that previously yet still you claimed I disagreed with you. I'm not sure what your issue is with me. 

16 hours ago, stanh said:

right, okay. i am just baffled you are STILL complaining about the festival… it has happened now, i had a great time, many thousands of others did too. yes, covid may have spread, i dont think anyone said it wouldnt. just really struggling to get my head around how much negativity you have regarding festivals, it is almost like you don’t want to see a struggling industry start to get back on its feet again. 

anyways, i had a MINT time! 

2762F8B0-4B63-4992-A3FA-A1F770662A93.jpeg

You're baffled? Give your head a massive wobble! Nowhere did I say I'm against festivals going ahead but you keep on believing that for your own ignorant and arrogant self righteous needs. 

• Downvote 5

On 8/21/2021 at 4:47 PM, thewayiam said:

I don't aim to help myself, I aim to provide factual information.