Glastonbury 21 cancelled

Leyrulion

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Personally, I think the biggest change is going to be countries realising that things need to be more local and less globalised.

Oddly enough, part of the Trump & Brexit agendas - which is pretty scary. But thankfully for different reasons.

Things are changing all the time anyhow.

How much they've changed is pointed out to me every day, when I log on here and see there's a "getting fit" topic and not a "getting wasted" topic. 😛 

I dont think thats the case at all. We're too interconnected as a society and i dont think this virus is going to change that. 

3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I dont think thats the case at all. We're too interconnected as a society and i dont think this virus is going to change that. 

I'm not saying we won't stay interconnected, I'm saying that countries have woken up to the fact that they need to be more self-sufficient in some areas.

For example, PPE. It's no good relying on China for supplies, if at the time we're most desperate for supplies they can't supply.

On 1/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, Bad Man MC said:

Well that was obviously going to happen.

Im quite bewildered people here are so surprised and gutted. Is there no other meaning to your lives? Might be time to find some. 

I’ve said similar before and the answer is no. People are already living for 2022. Literally wishing years away for 5 days at a festival. It’s insane on here.

Edited by Dusk1983
  • Downvote 3

Yesterday’s news was disappointing as it was expected. I am optimistic moving forward though, today I ran a Covid clinic immunising 400 people and the same is going on every day, all over the country. I think next winter will be much better than this and life will be much closer to ‘normal’ next year. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dusk1983 said:

I’ve said similar before and the answer is no. People are already living for 2022. Literally wishing years away for 5 days at a festival. It’s insane on here.

Who, exactly is wishing their life away? People on her generally love Glastonbury, but also have lives in between time, global pandemics permitting of course.

You’ll find that on here, most people also go to multiple gigs and other festivals throughout the year, they might even go on a holiday or two, regularly see their friends etc etc etc, you know, live their lives.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You’re right, I mean how long has the Stone Circle been there?

People have been getting twatted at Glastonbury for millennia.

Don’t want to break the bad news to you but the Glastonbury stone circle isn’t neolithic. It was constructed around 1992

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dusk1983 said:

Ridiculous isnt it? A global pandemic with millions dead across the world, yet it appears many posters on here are only bothered about missing out on the cider bus or whether their tickets will be rolled over to next year. I suppose it must be nice for folk to only be worried about such things in the current situation. I wonder how many would give up their tickets to NHS staff or key workers to let them have a weekend to let their hair down after the horrors they have had to work through in the last year. Probably very, very few. 

Definitely not this guy, who portrays himself as some kind of Glastonbury expert, yet thinks the stone circle has been around for millennia, when it was deliberately built relatively speaking a few years ago 🙄

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

You’re right, I mean how long has the Stone Circle been there?

People have been getting twatted at Glastonbury for millennia.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Dusk1983 said:

People are already living for 2022. Literally wishing years away for 5 days at a festival. It’s insane on here.

I can’t imagine anyone here is wishing their life away. Doesn’t stop us looking forward to the next one we get to go to though. I don’t know why you’re surprised that the contributors of a Glastonbury Festival forum look forward to going to the Glastonbury Festival. 🤔

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dusk1983 said:

ha ha I don;t think anyone is wishing their lives away but you are on a Glastonbury forum 🙂 , hence to be here and interacting when there's not been a festival for 18 months you've got to love it and its ok to be looking forward to brighter times 🙂 

3 hours ago, Dusk1983 said:

What a strange comment. Odd world you must live in where you never look forward to anything. Odd

8 hours ago, aj6658 said:

I know not everyone is in the same financial position but I would be happy to kick in more for a ticket. Maybe they could do a special edition ticket where you paid more money and got T-shirt, reusable cup extra as a one time thing to just raise extra funds?

Throw in a limited edition 2021 wristband and they'd be flying off the shelves/online delivery storage areas.

21 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Nobody thinks that, it’s a question of what impact the vaccinations have.

There is a good chance vaccinations will at some point bring hospitalisations down to very low levels, it’s at that point that people hoped festivals would/will be possible.

Obviously nobody knows just quite what impact vaccinations will have and when, hence why Glastonbury has cancelled, due to uncertainty.

Obviously nobody in their right mind is advocating Festivals going on while the NHS is under massive strain, that would simply never happen would it.

There seems a real inability amongst some to separate the situation now, with the NHS obviously under huge strain, from what it might be at some point in the future, possibly 6 months from now.

You can't blame them though. In 6 months time Glastonbury would have essentially passed by a month. There is very much a feeling of needing to be at that point to know instead of guessing. Lots of things could be unforeseen and delay etc. 

I don't think for eg there is a chance they'll vaccine 13m by middle of Feb.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You can't blame them though. In 6 months time Glastonbury would have essentially passed by a month. There is very much a feeling of needing to be at that point to know instead of guessing. Lots of things could be unforeseen and delay etc. 

It's not impossible, they're currently vaccinating just over 2 million people per week and the current total is almost 6 million. Doing another 7 million in the next three or four weeks would be more or less on track with one notable flaw: That would only be the first of two necessary injections. The following five or six weeks (maybe less, if the pace continues to increase) would then have to focus on giving them the second injection as they are the most vulnerable groups.

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh at this rate there is definitely a chance 

That’s been  a day now to let the news that we were fearing  of the cancellation sink in. It’s still painful but important that we all focus on doing our bit to beat this virus so that 2022 will be the mother of all Glastos. We all have a lot of living to do before then and it’s important to remain positive to maintain both physical and mental health.  

And keep supporting E Fests, it’s chat keeps us connected to the festival! 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 6:24 PM, hodgey123 said:

Bolded made me laugh considering the previous two paragraphs contained exaggerations regarding 'several' strains that we have found. There is at present no conclusive, firm evidence that any of the strains will be resistant to the vaccine. 

Or that they are strains, they are variants, which as one female virologist was at pains to point out is a completely different thing.

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

like ... why have you ignored the existence of vaccines, which change everything?

It's almost like you're doing the same as many other people here of any and all views, and believing your prejudices are fact. 😛 

Vaccines absolutely do not change everything, they help but they are absolutely not the cure. Covid will be with us for years to come. 

6 hours ago, henry bear said:

I can’t imagine anyone here is wishing their life away. Doesn’t stop us looking forward to the next one we get to go to though. I don’t know why you’re surprised that the contributors of a Glastonbury Festival forum look forward to going to the Glastonbury Festival. 🤔

For sure, if 2021 was double the party - 2022 will be treble.

It's going to be unreal.

• Upvote 2