Glastonbury 21 cancelled

Leyrulion

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I don't.

We simply cannot afford to go on as we have endlessly, and if we have to go round vaccination again because of virus mutation it's pretty likely we'd have to go round again endlessly (as we do with flu).

So the decision to break that loop will be made after the first vaccines, I'm pretty sure.

I think that's one of the more likely worst case outcomes of this. That we have to just keep vaccinating the entire population every year. 

So the vaccination centres become permanent and we just keep rotating everyone through annually. It'd be expensive but cheaper then the alternative.

59 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I think that's one of the more likely worst case outcomes of this. That we have to just keep vaccinating the entire population every year. 

So the vaccination centres become permanent and we just keep rotating everyone through annually. It'd be expensive but cheaper then the alternative.

Moderna said that they are working on a 'booster' for new variants. So i susect it will be a one dose booster for the future

1 hour ago, Beepbeep said:

Last time it was cancelled in March, see tickets sent an email round ticket holders to confirm this and that tickets would be rolled over. Has anyone had an email this time yet?

Nope. Not me.

Sure they’ve got more pressing things to do than reaffirm what we already know though. Must admit I did have a mild panic a couple of days ago when I hadn’t got an email, thought I’d dreamt up the fact I had a ticket or worse my lead buyer cancelled it.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:55 AM, blutarsky said:

Same here. Hopeful one off gigs in large venues like this can go ahead in some form. 

Did they not say those who turn 12 between June 2020 and the next festival can still have free entry with proof of DOB? 
or was it that you would need to pay but they’d be allowed a ticket? 

Our daughter turned 13 in September 2020 so would have been free for last year if it had gone ahead. After registering her and emailing proof of her date of birth we were sent a link by See Tickets a few months later to pay £50 deposit for an extra ticket. The FAQs say it will be the same again for anyone else turning 13 in the next year.

Quite nice to experience the ticket buying page with no stress whatsoever for a change 😀

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Earth_pig said:

To be honest i am relived it was cancelled as much as i hoped it would be on i just dont think it would be the same.

Have a long time for rumours and speculation now which is all fun, 2022 to quote ME will surely be the best yet.

Ditto,  even if it was possible and safe to go ahead this year, I suspect the line up would of been effected as well general atmosphere. 

Think next year there will be so much choice and think ME wants to celebrate the 50th anniversary and make up for lost time

On 21/01/2021 at 2:29 PM, Axel Schaefer said:

The lead booker for our tickets was my other half's friend's partner. Sorry for going all ferris bueller there. But since then they have gone through a pretty nasty break up and won't be going to Glastonbury together if at all. We don't have any other common friends with the guy and I'm starting to really worry that he may cancel the booking some time between now and Glasto 22 and that we will be left ticket less at the last minute after 3 years of waiting and cancellations etc. 

Is there anything we can do to avoid such a scenario? I would happily pay off our ticket balances tomorrow. 

35 minutes ago, Axel Schaefer said:

The lead booker for our tickets was my other half's friend's partner. Sorry for going all ferris bueller there. But since then they have gone through a pretty nasty break up and won't be going to Glastonbury together if at all. We don't have any other common friends with the guy and I'm starting to really worry that he may cancel the booking some time between now and Glasto 22 and that we will be left ticket less at the last minute after 3 years of waiting and cancellations etc. 

Is there anything we can do to avoid such a scenario? I would happily pay off our ticket balances tomorrow. 

Refunds are done on a person to person basis not by group booking, so they would have to actively try to cancel your ticket which would be horrendously mean of them. I'm sure if they were so inclined you would be notified by email and could get in touch with the festival to arrange for it to be reversed.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:26 PM, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Our daughter turned 13 in September 2020 so would have been free for last year if it had gone ahead. After registering her and emailing proof of her date of birth we were sent a link by See Tickets a few months later to pay £50 deposit for an extra ticket. The FAQs say it will be the same again for anyone else turning 13 in the next year.

Quite nice to experience the ticket buying page with no stress whatsoever for a change 😀

Brilliant, glad to know this is happening but still pretty annoying having to pay for a previously free ticket.  Hope this won’t stop too many other families being able to go. 
Charm x

• Upvote 2