Glastonbury 21 cancelled

Leyrulion

39 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Unlikely. I for one (and i know a thing or two about how festivals are run) am doubtful it will even happen in 2022, and furthermore the licensing conditions if it does go ahead will be far, far more prohibitive. Capacity, sound levels, booze allowances will be dropped, and over zealous security and curfews increased. 

The council and Police have been wanting to crack down on Glastonbury for a while now (since the last one RE: 'superfence'), and i would bet you this will be their opportunity to do so. 

So, before one and all get carried away with 2022 being 'fucking glorious' 🙄, i wouldnt count your chickens just yet. Wise up and think again. 

Having a brother in the Police Force down there i can assure you that cracking down on Glastonbury is not on their list of priorities. 

And what would they be cracking down on ? 

Edited by ivan
spelling

Reading the Q&As just reminded me that my girlfriends ticket is actually registered to my mums house as when I registered her we were in the process of moving house.

Will it cause any issues if I edit her registration now to update the address? I’d hate to do anything that resulted in her not getting her ticket!

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Reading the Q&As just reminded me that my girlfriends ticket is actually registered to my mums house as when I registered her we were in the process of moving house.

Will it cause any issues if I edit her registration now to update the address? I’d hate to do anything that resulted in her not getting her ticket!

Change her name to A N Other and put your address - owt could happen relationship wise

9 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I put up a new wall calendar at the start of the year.  Usually it's peppered with festivals and holidays.  At the moment it's completely blank and likely to remain that way for a while.

Same... I might just take it down, it’s depressing me 😂😂

DA0C5B41-B3D6-4CE1-9463-E520E362EB7B.jpeg

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Should be fine, but you dont really need to change it to be honest. The tickets will just go to the address of the lead booker... 

50 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Unlikely. I for one (and i know a thing or two about how festivals are run) am doubtful it will even happen in 2022, and furthermore the licensing conditions if it does go ahead will be far, far more prohibitive. Capacity, sound levels, booze allowances will be dropped, and over zealous security and curfews increased. 

The council and Police have been wanting to crack down on Glastonbury for a while now (since the last one RE: 'superfence'), and i would bet you this will be their opportunity to do so. 

So, before one and all get carried away with 2022 being 'fucking glorious' 🙄, i wouldnt count your chickens just yet. Wise up and think again. 

Obviously not seen the police with fairy wings before 🙂 

1 hour ago, Bad Man MC said:

Hello again Jimbo.

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

Hopefully the BBC do something similar to last year but possibly if the Euros is on then they won't spend as much time on it.

Yes that would be good, wouldn’t cost too much as all they have to do is delve into their  extensive archives .  A few live performances added in and of course Michael being interviewed saying 2022 will be the best ever, and this time he will be spot on. 

1 minute ago, august1 said:

I think the decision to cancel this early is a cold financial one rather than anything else, which is fair enough. Why waste loads of money on the 'hope' of the government helping them pull it off. 

Agreed. After the Brexit debacle, the current gov't has proven they do not hold the music industry's best interest very highly. I certainly wouldn't expect them to help out.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes that would be good, wouldn’t cost too much as all they have to do is delve into their  extensive archives .  A few live performances added in and of course Michael being interviewed saying 2022 will be the best ever, and this time he will be spot on. 

It wasn’t just that the festival was cancelled last year, it was also meant to be the 50th which is why there so much focus on it.

Cant see there being as much media attention this year.