Glastonbury 21 cancelled

Leyrulion

9 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Unlikely. I for one (and i know a thing or two about how festivals are run) am doubtful it will even happen in 2022, and furthermore the licensing conditions if it does go ahead will be far, far more prohibitive. Capacity, sound levels, booze allowances will be dropped, and over zealous security and curfews increased. 

The council and Police have been wanting to crack down on Glastonbury for a while now (since the last one RE: 'superfence'), and i would bet you this will be their opportunity to do so. 

So, before one and all get carried away with 2022 being 'fucking glorious' 🙄, i wouldnt count your chickens just yet. Wise up and think again. 

Buddy, I trolled this site before, it doesn’t get you anywhere all it does is piss people off and make you look like a jerk... please stop, people on this forum have really struggled with COVID and Glastonbury is the light at the end of this long dark tunnel. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Roll on 2022... can't see them going with the 2024 fallow year either.

Strongly suspect it will run 2022 - 2026 with 2027 as the next scheduled fallow year.

Defo, but can even see them going on a 5 year run as they’ve essentially had a 2 year fallow and also one festival since the last fallow year 

Given the dreadful start to the year my optimism had subsided rapidly over the last couple of weeks. That said I think it is the correct decision and I hope this has minimised the financial hit the festival has had to take this year.

Roll on 2022 when Cinders we shall go to the ball!

Let's let the vaccine rollout and lockdowns take their course and we can potentially look forward to a good second half of the year. 

15 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Unlikely. I for one (and i know a thing or two about how festivals are run) am doubtful it will even happen in 2022, and furthermore the licensing conditions if it does go ahead will be far, far more prohibitive. Capacity, sound levels, booze allowances will be dropped, and over zealous security and curfews increased. 

The council and Police have been wanting to crack down on Glastonbury for a while now (since the last one RE: 'superfence'), and i would bet you this will be their opportunity to do so. 

So, before one and all get carried away with 2022 being 'fucking glorious' 🙄, i wouldnt count your chickens just yet. Wise up and think again. 

Emily is that you again

15 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

It’s easier just to post I NEED ATTENTION.

Fewer words.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

I have to admit that this and Badman MCs other posts gave me a wee lift after such bad news. 

14 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Roll on 2022... can't see them going with the 2024 fallow year either.

Strongly suspect it will run 2022 - 2026 with 2027 as the next scheduled fallow year.

Yeah I think they said that was the plan when 2020 got cancelled. The fallow count will start again from 2022 and run right through until 2026 as you said.

Edited by DareToDibble

19 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

Why don't you crawl back into your hole Sadman MF?

20 minutes ago, Bad Man MC said:

A Daily Mail comment has broken free and is running naked through the internet. How lucky are we to witness such a rare event!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's a devastating blow in an already difficult month but ultimately I am grateful that this has been communicated to us early. The roller coaster of speculation probably wasn't helping any of us and it's better to know now and start looking forward to realist, better times.

The deja vu is a killer but we've got the vaccines now - we will get there!

Just now, gazzared said:

Really bad news to wake up to (night shift) so just booked bearded theory ... Fingers crossed but I doubt it'll go ahead 🤞

Keep the faith it will, decision will be made in April if it's go/no-go... fingers crossed 

Good choice btw!

• Upvote 1

I am kinda relieved. Wouldn't want to choose between going and feeling uncomfortable, and not going at all.

52 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Possibly. Many of its creative staff may have left for different or steadier employment by then however. I wonder what sort of festival it will be if / when it does return - maybe quite different from what has gone before in look and design.

That could be a very good thing. I think parts of the festival are getting quite tired at this point and a shake-up would be good.

It's the right decision.  Lives count for more.

I put up a new wall calendar at the start of the year.  Usually it's peppered with festivals and holidays.  At the moment it's completely blank and likely to remain that way for a while.

Edited by grumpyhack