Glastonbury 21 cancelled

Leyrulion

Just now, zero000 said:

Sad about this but not unexpected at all. 

The FAQs say the tickets will be rolled over to next year automatically and we don’t need to do anything. I’m being paranoid here, but did the same happen last year? My memory was is they were rolled over without you having to do anything. 

Yep, same thing happened 🙂 you only need to action if you want a refund.

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

I guess the government told them to go spin in regards to underwriting any cancellation insurance. Fucking Tories! 😞 

Probably a moot point anyway. The public health conditions and vaccination programme were never going to be conducive to events like this that early in the summer.

Being realistic I didn't really think it stood a chance of going ahead this year, but even so this news really feels like a kick in the guts now its official.

Honestly can't see any festivals going ahead this year - I am just resigning myself to another year of nothingness

Just now, Copperface said:

The public health conditions

why not? They were last summer for infection levels.

If there were the same infection levels this summer - which there should be (or better) - and with the vaccine in play for at-least the over-50s and vulnerable and health workers, there should be little concern from a public health sort of view when measured against the public health concerns of the govt to this point.

Just now, Pinhead said:

Wonder what they'll do for the weekend coverage for the beeb now then? Thinking they'll up the ante to a proper live stage maybe...?

I’d rather they did nothing, loads of old coverage will make me even more sick that’s it’s not on tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

One thing is for certain:

Glastonbury 22 is going to be fucking glorious!

Really hope so - my worry is I will never get to experience the place in the way everyone on here describes it.  I just hope that it comes back as good as before and doesn't lose something because of all this.

Edited by circus92

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

Wonder what they'll do for the weekend coverage for the beeb now then? Thinking they'll up the ante to a proper live stage maybe...?

I am following all of Celtic Connections online at the moment.  Fantastic production, and a real bargain at GBP30 for a festival pass.  Would be great if Glastonbury could organize something along those lines.