Glastonbury 21 cancelled

Leyrulion

3 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Whilst the decision is completely unsurprising I’m still gutted. 

But on the other hand just imagine  the size of the roar & cheers and the tears as the gates open in 2022 has put proper smile across my face .. it will be beautiful 

Will be watching on jealously HOPEFULLY abroad and as far away as possible to get - I won't be there til 2023!!

A huge disappointment of course but I'm glad it is put to bed now. It was never going to happen and it is for the best that it doesn't. Hopefully by summer there will be sun in the sky and we will be safe to see friends and families outside with all the things we miss being eased back into society nice and slowly, gearing up for a bigger and better year, in 2022. The real shame of course, is that had the tories not handled this so disgustingly terribly, maybe we wouldn't be in this position. Stay safe folks!

Edited by jyoung

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Hope they can survive another enforced fallow year. Guess we'll hear more about that later...

They will. They have millions of cash in the bank (because they have been prudent in pre pandemic times). Calling it off this early will ensure that barely anything will have been / will be spent on any 2021 festival activity. They are well placed to ride this out.

Absolutely rubbish news, paints a bleak picture of the summer ahead. I’m glad for those with tickets that they continue to roll over, especially with the restraints on international travel currently. 

2022 is probably, in the words of Michael “going to be the best one ever!”

Edited by vintagelaureate

Everyone’s gutted so emotions are high. Keep it chilled and think of the huge party we’re going to have next year. 

For those who don’t have tickets, there will be a large number of people who will be unable to use their existing tickets so I’m expecting a bumper resale compared to usual years. 

18 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Given that I haven't got a ticket for 2020, I'm beginning to wonder if I have already attended my last Glastonbury?

There are worse things that could happen. Be safe everyone

Same here, honestly hard to see the festival ever happening again "the same as it was before"

But as you say, things could be worse 😞

17 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Hope they can survive another enforced fallow year. Guess we'll hear more about that later...

Glastonbury will be fine, worst case scenario would be crowdfunding rescuing it. But I worry what will happen to other festivals if they are forced to cancel for second year, many are less financially secure and don't have the millions of obsessive fans ready to bail them out.

Edited by I am Jon

1 minute ago, I am Jon said:

Glastonbury will be fine, worst case scenario would be crowdfunding rescuing it. But I worry what will happen to other festivals if they are forced to cancel for second year, many are less financially secure and don't have the millions of obsessive fans ready to bail them out.

I think the smaller ones are really going to struggle, Boomtown comes to mind as it’s relatively independent. Still a glimmer of hope for that as it is mid August.