Phil Spector dead (may he not RIP)

Bryanrebe

10 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/17/entertainment/phil-spector-death/index.html

Kind of pissed they started with the fact he won awards and not that he MURDERED someone...

I suppose it's the order for which he got his fame. I don't know which outlet did it but one of them called him a flawed genius and didn't even mention the murder in the headline and it caused a stir on Twitter. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

The BBC changed it when everyone pointed out that they perhaps had their priorities wrong.

Er8t0znXMAIc8sj.png.c8b272c0d8ead715bb88ae167c51cdd4.png

The hushed reverence in the news bulletins on the radio was unbelievable.

Ah that's the one I just saw loads of Talented but flawed Doctor Harold Shipman dies or Talented but flawed Lorry driver Peter Sutcliffe dies. 

11 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I suppose it's the order for which he got his fame. I don't know which outlet did it but one of them called him a flawed genius and didn't even mention the murder in the headline and it caused a stir on Twitter. 

Yeah that’s my take too. Murderer and musician would be Charles Manson - this wouldn’t be news if Phil Spector wasn’t a renowned producer beforehand. But big yikes to any outlet neglecting the mention of him being a murderer at all.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah that’s my take too. Murderer and musician would be Charles Manson - this wouldn’t be news if Phil Spector wasn’t a renowned producer beforehand. But big yikes to any outlet neglecting the mention of him being a murderer at all.

Similar to saying that Adolph got the trains running on time?

55 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Good take from Snapes on auteur theory in the music industry and the ways in which it can be toxic

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/18/phil-spector-toxic-svengali-music-industry?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Excellent. Snapes is really good at doing her best to dismantle the masculine toxicity at the heart of the music industry.