The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

Have really enjoyed your updates @deebeedoobee, thank you! 💖 I hope I wouldn't be singing a different tune next year, but having been watching all of the BBC coverage I genuinely feel right now that I just won't care what the weather has in store next year - just being there will be enough.

But same again as this year wouldn't be unwelcome 🙂

37 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

@deebeedoobee In summary what was each day like... Weds - Mon? 

Wednesday Am

The sun is currently out

the Fukt-ometer is dry.

The Well is completely dry.

Thursday 

Am

titty Buddha is dry and still smiling 

the fukt-ometer is parched. No rain fall in 24 hours. 

P.I.S.S. Have gained more members

sticky stick has not been deployed. 

Currently the skies are overcast but brightening by the minute. 

Pm

we are still dry. Overcast but warm. Very slight breeze. 

Friday

Am

the skies are currently breaking into sunshine. 

The rain has stopped and it’s warm with no breeze. 

titty Buddha is moist 

the fukt-ometer is showing 16-18ml of precipitation. 

The P.I.S.S. are learning backcrawl.

sticky stick has been deployed, but was in danger of snapping if I pushed it into the base of the well. 

Currently the skies are overcast but brightening with the sun showing in patches.

Pm

another perfect day. It’s been warm without being hot, sometimes overcast, sometimes sunny. Dry dry dry. 

Saturday 

Am

no overnight rain

titty Buddha is parched.

the fukt-ometer is showing 0ml of precipitation.

The P.I.S.S ( Pilton Insect Swimming Society) are yet to get up this morning.

The well is dry.

the skies are brightening very quickly with the sun shining through

Pm

The sun shone bright. If there was such a thing as a perfect festival day weather-wise I think I would be hard pushed to better today.

Sunday 

Am

the fukt-ometer is showing 2ml of precipitation overnight. 

Currently dry and breezy

titty Buddha is getting a blow dry which can only increase his smile.

Only the most persistent P.I.S.S members are up this morning.

The well, well, well…..what’s one of them?

the skies are grey but not looking like they will produce anything significant today.

pm

perfect day weather wise. Overcast but warm. It threatened to drizzle around 4pm but it didn’t get going. Now we have a breeze and cloudy but bright skies.

Monday

wet. 

The fukt-ometer is showing 70ml of Rain overnight. 

The tracks are big puddles 

titty Buddha is miffed, he’s seething. 

The P.I.S.S have manned the life rafts.

But above all hug your loved ones tight and wear sunscreen

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Have really enjoyed your updates @deebeedoobee, thank you! 💖 I hope I wouldn't be singing a different tune next year, but having been watching all of the BBC coverage I genuinely feel right now that I just won't care what the weather has in store next year - just being there will be enough.

But same again as this year wouldn't be unwelcome 🙂

Thank you.  Glad to be of service.  See you in the fields

Driving home from Pilton at about 2215 last night after welcoming @Superscallyto the finish line was very wet.  A lot of water falling from the skies and a lot of water on the roads.

If we'd been at Fest then it would have been very soggy headliners and late evening that's for sure.....prob similar to The Who in 2007.

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Driving home from Pilton at about 2215 last night after welcoming @Superscallyto the finish line was very wet.  A lot of water falling from the skies and a lot of water on the roads.

If we'd been at Fest then it would have been very soggy headliners and late evening that's for sure.....prob similar to The Who in 2007.

That was brutal - I lucked out majorly with the weather though. Only 9 miles of rough stuff. Thanks so much for coming out!! 

8 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

And the sun returned around 9am. Its a beautiful sunny warm day now. The large puddles from last night are disappearing fast.

Last night's run -soggy trainers

Today's run- dry happy feet.

Thanks for all the accurate and entertaining updates, it’s been fun. Now you realise the precedent you have set and everyone who is doing the Worthy Pastures camping will be looking for your forecasts !  That’s six weeks of weather reporting! 😉😁

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thanks for all the accurate and entertaining updates, it’s been fun. Now you realise the precedent you have set and everyone who is doing the Worthy Pastures camping will be looking for your forecasts !  That’s six weeks of weather reporting! 😉😁

I’m available for hire. Mates rates considered.

• Upvote 1

I love the weather thread......

Only downside to a wet Monday is more losers will leave their shit behind because packing up in the rain is horrible if your feeling ok but if your hanging from partying too hard its soul-destroying.