The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

4 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just looked at the BBC weather and the light rain showers forecast are 20% - 25% so we may not even get any. Hardly worth putting a coat in your bag for. I’ll keep people posted as to what actually happens here in the village.

I know it doesn't affect us non-Piltonites (is that the term?) this year, but it does bring a lovely sense of normality to get local weather updates from you 🙂

12 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just looked at the BBC weather and the light rain showers forecast are 20% - 25% so we may not even get any. Hardly worth putting a coat in your bag for. I’ll keep people posted as to what actually happens here in the village.

Lovely, the panic merchants would be out in force at the thought of the possibility of light rain showers.! 

Never mind the weather, as long as we’re together😁

45 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Typical. Last night local news said sunny and getting up to 25. This morning all change, as it often does. Hoping it will be ok so I can sit out and listen to some music

Aye, I've been checking for my Fake Glasto on Saturday. Its got considerably worse since this morning. 22 degrees and sunny yesterday down to 18 and rainy today. I had forgotten about the rollercoaster ride that is British weather!!!!

Screenshot_20210622_142854_com.huawei.android.totemweather.jpg

Ok folks, as it would normally be a time to be panicking about whether to bring wellies or not , we have the fake, weather update from now until Friday morning.

So may I introduce, for one year only, the fukt-ometer. This calibrated glass is an upgrade on the ram jam jar as there is no need for a ruler.

Today this is being closely guarded by the titty Buddha, who comes with complimentary orm, häst and dykare. The sun is currently out and the Fukt-ometer is dry.

The Well is completely dry as a dry thing in dry town on dry Friday. I will locate the sticky stick for measuring should any moisture become apparent.

ha en bra dag!

32422AB5-B5C0-49F9-9304-7026980B8258.thumb.jpeg.46b2bf7da8893e8771a84318fd894e76.jpeg

7442432B-850A-4629-BD37-79609687C13F.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Ok folks, as it would normally be a time to be panicking about whether to bring wellies or not , we have the fake, weather update from now until Friday morning.

So may I introduce, for one year only, the fukt-ometer. This calibrated glass is an upgrade on the ram jam jar as there is no need for a ruler.

Today this is being closely guarded by the titty Buddha, who comes with complimentary orm, häst and dykare. The sun is currently out and the Fukt-ometer is dry.

The Well is completely dry as a dry thing in dry town on dry Friday. I will locate the sticky stick for measuring should any moisture become apparent.

ha en bra dag!

32422AB5-B5C0-49F9-9304-7026980B8258.thumb.jpeg.46b2bf7da8893e8771a84318fd894e76.jpeg

Never bloody change Dee x

39 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

ha en bra dag!

Awesome....the spirit of Big Dog lives on 🥲

• Like 1

Good morning campers on what would have been a perfect day in paradise. The sky is pure blue.

The fukt-ometer is empty if you ignore the bugs scrabbling around in the base.

Titty Buddha has just a hint of a sweat gently dripping down its glistening body.

Sticky stick is redundant as the well is still trying to replicate the Gobi desert.

We can torture ourselves with what ifs and if onlys but it is what it is. Time to enjoy the sun and be hopeful that one day we will stride across the green grass of our hallowed land and PARTY🕺🏼🙌🙌🎉💜🧡💙❤️🤩😎 ☀️ 

8CA0C05E-9DD5-4839-80CC-BA1CC8B73A58.thumb.jpeg.653c92083b32a638dc619e6b9560d330.jpeg

BB38A9F0-6D2C-4549-842A-99F3D0065D7E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Good morning @deebeedoobee! I confess, I'm still in bed. Feeling a little grumpy (and had one gin too many watching the football with my neighbours). Your post has cheered me up a though! Look at that blue sky! It would have been a lush day indeed.

Good morning Sas, it certainly is a corker. Not a breath of wind too. A. Perfect. Day.

Hope the mood lifts and you enjoy hump day 😀

34 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning Sas, it certainly is a corker. Not a breath of wind too. A. Perfect. Day.

Hope the mood lifts and you enjoy hump day 😀

Yes, me too! I might change my zoom background to the Glastonbury sign. Make everyone where I work (the civil service) think I'm mental. That ought to help!

Enjoy the sun 🙂

18 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

ha en bra dag!

Do you have a picture/update on the well prior to the 2016 festival? Just out of curiosity haha

Ive checked about six different weather outlets for Glasgow's Saturday forecast (and our FakeGlastonbury in the garden). Ranging from 12 degrees (!) and raining to 19 degrees and no rain/sunny intervals. 

21 and sunny predicted for Sunday across the board 

What the hell?

34 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

looking showery in the SW for the weekend. saw the local weather bloke on BBC yesterday. He actually showed 3 different models showing different forecasts on the rain front. Then said it is hard to predict but should know by Thursday

Hmmm ok. This explains the differences! I'm going with the BBC (overcast at 19degrees on Saturday). 

In a normal year Thursday arrivals would be wanting to know what the ground was like etc so before I head down to the site for the day I would have put up a quickie.

titty Buddha is dry and still smiling 

the fukt-ometer is parched. No rain fall in 24 hours. The colony of creepy crawlies is expanding

sticky stick has not been deployed. The well is acting as a deep sink hole rather than a water container 

Currently the skies are overcast but brightening by the minute. It’s warm enough for t shirt and shorts, and a breakfast cider outside your tent. Happy Thursday everyone, have a grateful day 🌹

BBBC6562-0BF1-4571-AC3F-F41A5496A919.thumb.jpeg.0f395344a5358448b1b9532adc125bf3.jpeg

271C19EF-32CB-4CFA-B5AC-C45CDDF56430.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Not fair.... Another reasonable "Glasto Thursday" weather report, and it doesn't look too bad for the weekend either, bit of rain but nothing horrible..  

We all know what this means, 2022 will be either sopping wet with knee deep mud or blisteringly hot with sunstroke a distinct possibility.

On a Friday, noses would start to peak from tent flaps to see the skies, which are currently breaking into sunshine. The rain has stopped and it’s warm with no breeze. Just the sound of the birds getting ready to raid the bird table for breakfast. Time to make your way to the longdrops with your comfort bottles, returning with a medicinal coffee and bacon butty.

titty Buddha is moist and rather nervous of the jackdaws that are gathering, but still smiling. 

the fukt-ometer is showing 16-18ml of precipitation. Not even a plum sours worth.  No rain now. The colony of creepy crawlies is learning backcrawl.

sticky stick has been deployed, but was in danger of snapping if I pushed it into the base of the well. It’s not been wetted enough to make any mud and the stick is feeling it’s age after a hard winter beside the oil tank.

Currently the skies are overcast but brightening with the sun showing in patches. It’s warm enough for t shirt and shorts again ( maybe put a clean one on today).  Happy Friday everyone, welcome to the weekend 🕺🏼🎉🕺🏼

wear sunscreen 

07CE5807-3495-4AF7-BBC8-5E9CB85E2092.thumb.jpeg.3baf849e3459eac3bfe8c4d5be91bdf0.jpeg

Edited by deebeedoobee
Sp
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4