Club Covid

henry bear

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Feeling more or less back to normal today.

Not going to push it by doing any fitness.

The Wife asked if I wanted to do some yoga with her (oi oi) but don’t want to rush in to anything which will put me back a bit.

Those who have recovered, how long did you leave it before doing fitness? I’m not sure what the sensible answer is!

About 3 weeks after the on set of symptoms, however it’s only been this week (week 5) that I’ve got my lung capacity back to where it was. 

i found on the bike my normal power was fine but the top end I was struggling with. 

15 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Even if you bothered now the antibodies might have already faded. My partner had a horrendous fever but no cough when it was just starting to kick off over here. At the time I really thought he had it but when he called 111 they said they were only testing people who had been to China, Iran or Italy. That week I had a cough and felt a bit as you describe (no loss of taste or smell, though).

We did antibody tests in October through the ONS study but were both negative. When I signed up for the study I was looking forward to finding out if we had it, but now we know the antibodies through getting it naturally can fade so I'm none the wiser. We probably didn't, to be fair.

I also had some bloody awful colds last winter so there was definitely some other shit going around.

Still waiting for my test result from Thursday. 

My friend chased his test result up after not hearing and was told they'd lost it and given a date when he could stop isolating as it was too late to do another test. He definitely had it as his daughter had a positive result that she caught from those 'oh so safe schools' and he had all the classic symptoms of no taste, no smell, felt fluey but will never show on the stats. 

12 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I can’t see the title of this thread and not start singing in my head ‘Club Tropicana...’

"At Club Covid vaccines are freeeee...

Vials and jabs, there's enough* for everyone."

*hopefully...

Edited by vintagelaureate

11 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Finally got my result at 8.30 this evening: negative! Annoying that it took over 3 days rather than the 2 it said, but still pleased that it was as I suspected.

So I won't be joining the club at this time. Get well soon to everyone currently suffering! 

Great news. 

Joined and checked out in September. 🙂 Only had loss of taste/smell as symptom. I know quite a few people who have had it now and all the same symptom with just one guy sleeping for a couple of days with fatigue and a cough. 

It does seem to spread quite easily, luckily for 99% of us we wont get very sick at all. Feel sorry for the unlucky buggers who it hits hard, its mad how it effects people so differently. 

tested positive on the 3rd. All 4 in our house caught it from the 30th Dec- 4th Jan. Went right through us all despite trying our best to isolate.

I'm still feeling a little rough with fatigue and have had other associated issues such as swollen lymph nodes. I've had the worst of it in my family so i'm not complaining, 

Loss of smell/taste is a strange thing and hope it doesn't last much longer.

50 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Loss of smell/taste is a strange thing and hope it doesn't last much longer.

My wife and son's sense of smell & taste are slowly returning after a few weeks, although I know it can go on for months in some cases. It went the other way for me - my mouth became very sensitive to even mild tastes, and that's beginning to ease off too.

Aye, it is really weird.  I reckon I'm back to about 75% now, a lot of things still smell and taste quite faint.  Sweet flavours are definitely strongest.

The strangest thing was having absolutely zero smell. My morning test was opening a bottle of garlic oil in the kitchen and having a sniff to see if anything was coming back.  To be breathing normally but getting no smell from something that pungent was just....yeah. Weird.

Those who lost smell/taste, did you also lose your appetite?

My smell has completely gone and taste in now very minimal (currently awaiting positive results but know I have it) and I’m trying to work off is loss of appetite is a symptom of the virus, or just because I can’t smell or really taste any food so it’s hardly worth eating!! 

2 hours ago, st dan said:

Those who lost smell/taste, did you also lose your appetite?

My smell has completely gone and taste in now very minimal (currently awaiting positive results but know I have it) and I’m trying to work off is loss of appetite is a symptom of the virus, or just because I can’t smell or really taste any food so it’s hardly worth eating!! 

Not me, it takes more than that to destroy  my appetite! 😄

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

There is ah ad on heavy rotation on Spotify asking for men who have had COVID to donate their blood for research 

Yep, they've already texted me about getting involved.

Not been tested. Not been out..

Although my big risk is baby Eliza who's mum.. Who has been vaccinated..... Works cleaning the wards and keeps us up to date.... I'm a bit concerned about the whole thing and am trying to keep away from this horrible thing... 

I'm glad you old sons who have had it have come through OK.. As someone said... I don't want to join this club lol 

Stay safe everyone 

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Not been tested. Not been out..

Although my big risk is baby Eliza who's mum.. Who has been vaccinated..... Works cleaning the wards and keeps us up to date.... I'm a bit concerned about the whole thing and am trying to keep away from this horrible thing... 

I'm glad you old sons who have had it have come through OK.. As someone said... I don't want to join this club lol 

Stay safe everyone 

I'll drop you a message tomorrow Guy. There is some news about vaccinations for younger children with neurological conditions that my Dr. sent me.

• Upvote 1

Another run last night, stretched the distance out a bit further and upped the pace as well.  Still no after effects or fatigue or anything, so unless anything comes completely out of left field further down the line it looks like I've dodged the bullet.

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just wondering if Club Covid accepts associate members?

The wife had to do a compulsory test for her work - weekly tests - and tested positive with the very first one. 100% asymptomatic, so quite a surprise.

So I'm now isolating until the 20th.

Oh bumsticks. Hope all's ok. You getting a test as well or just following the isolation?

41 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

On the testing front, I got an email from my council yesterday saying we can now get tested in my area without displaying symptoms. They are particularly encouraging people who are out and about for work to get one. Not sure if this is being rolled out more widely or just my area.

Its in London as well in Lambeth

49 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not planning on getting a test at the mo ... although maybe I should, as it will avoid a longer isolation if I get symptoms.

You might even completely dodge infection like my Wife did.

We were a bit careful in terms of me sleeping in the spare bedroom but apart from that nothing really changed yet she somehow (unless of course asymptomatic) avoided catching it!

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

On the testing front, I got an email from my council yesterday saying we can now get tested in my area without displaying symptoms. They are particularly encouraging people who are out and about for work to get one. Not sure if this is being rolled out more widely or just my area.

Rochdale where i live are doing the same offering a weekly test for people who want it