2021 Going ahead?

11 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Really considering buying a ticket now, that roadmap is a lot more positive than I expected.

Does anyone know if refunds will be given in the result of a cancellation? I’m assuming they will, but I’m not certain.

Reckon it will go forward on one form or other now.

The other could be limited capacity and assuming it is announced it will be going ahead, I think we can prob assume a pretty much instant sell out  

Refunds will be given, buy on a credit card though just in case it doesn’t, in which case FR will prob go tits up!

• Upvote 1

probably booking this and boomtown at some point - want to wait as long as possible before sell out really. truck too perhaps lineup dependent, gonna go for lots of events and hope some of them happen i guess (hopefully all of them!)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

How long are people waiting before buying tickets? I don't want to rush in just yet in case there's a delay but I also don't want it to sell out and miss out?

I rolled mine over from last year so I’ve got it already. I think it’ll see very quickly now tho

Just now, thetime said:

Do you think they will run at full capacity?

If the government has said a return to pretty much normality by June 21st we should (touch wood) be perfectly fine by August for full scale events.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I assume that’s what they’re planning to do. Government has said the plan is back to normality with no more social distancing on June 21st so if festivals go ahead it’ll be the full shebang.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be financially viable to run it at 50% capacity.

Exciting times ahead. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah, unless things don't go as expected.

The most will be testing or proof of vaccination I reckon.

I wonder what differences there will be if any at all. You'd assume they'd want to make a few nods to making an effort at least

I assume the hand santizer wont be empty at 12:30 as usual!

30 minutes ago, Benj said:

I wonder what differences there will be if any at all. You'd assume they'd want to make a few nods to making an effort at least

I assume the hand santizer wont be empty at 12:30 as usual!

It'll last until at least 1.30pm this year. I mean it would probably last longer if it didn't dispense a litre at a time anyway 😂😂

2 hours ago, foolee said:

How long are people waiting before buying tickets? I don't want to rush in just yet in case there's a delay but I also don't want it to sell out and miss out?

This is what me and my friend group are currently discussing. some are still very sceptical it will go ahead and don't want to waste 250quid just to get a refund a few months later. I'm one of the few in my group who doesn't drive so convincing them to go is a uphill battle so far!!

18 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

This is what me and my friend group are currently discussing. some are still very sceptical it will go ahead and don't want to waste 250quid just to get a refund a few months later. I'm one of the few in my group who doesn't drive so convincing them to go is a uphill battle so far!!

I think we're going to bite the bullet and buy tickets today because after them tweeting it seems to be gaining a lot of traction on twitter, Sky News and even Liam Gallagher tweeting about it. I know we're not home and dry covid wise but the data is looking good at the moment and last summer the rates went right down without vaccines so I'm pretty confident it'll go ahead. The last thing I want come August after this last year is to be sat at home watching the festival on tv because I wasn't quick enough buying tickets, haha. End of the Road festival in September has sold out today too after the announcement this week. 

Edited by foolee

2 hours ago, foolee said:

I think we're going to bite the bullet and buy tickets today because after them tweeting it seems to be gaining a lot of traction on twitter, Sky News and even Liam Gallagher tweeting about it. I know we're not home and dry covid wise but the data is looking good at the moment and last summer the rates went right down without vaccines so I'm pretty confident it'll go ahead. The last thing I want come August after this last year is to be sat at home watching the festival on tv because I wasn't quick enough buying tickets, haha. End of the Road festival in September has sold out today too after the announcement this week. 

If you won’t miss the money in the mean time I’d buy sooner rather than later. 

Considering earlier festivals are unlikely to go ahead will layer on additional demand, on what you expect to be heavily increased demand anyway, I suspect further good vaccine news on transmissions, along with ever building hype will see them going pretty quick once momentum gets going 

• Upvote 1

I think now that word is out that festivals are intending on going ahead and that some are even selling out it’s only a matter of time before the rest of the dominos start falling and people panic buy any festival tickets they can get post-June. The demand is at an all time high after what will’ve been a year and a half of fuck all so people being able to get to a festival and let loose ASAP is gonna be top of the agenda for a lot of people.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Benj said:

If you won’t miss the money in the mean time I’d buy sooner rather than later. 

Considering earlier festivals are unlikely to go ahead will layer on additional demand, on what you expect to be heavily increased demand anyway, I suspect further good vaccine news on transmissions, along with ever building hype will see them going pretty quick once momentum gets going 

Us and our friends have been talking all afternoon about it and booked up. Can't imagine anything worse than having to sit at home while the festivals go ahead, fingers crossed, this summer. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think now that word is out that festivals are intending on going ahead and that some are even selling out it’s only a matter of time before the rest of the dominos start falling and people panic buy any festival tickets they can get post-June. The demand is at an all time high after what will’ve been a year and a half of fuck all so people being able to get to a festival and let loose ASAP is gonna be top of the agenda for a lot of people.

That's how I expect it to go.