2021 Going ahead?

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

not very, on the basis that Matt Hancock has already rubbished the 'host the Euros' part.

I remain pretty hopeful for R/L still happening. Being at the end of the summer gives it ever chance.

Yea I was more interested in the festivals part - I think it could happen.

I reckon we’ll see a statement from Reading in the next few days after Boris gives his speech tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Yea I was more interested in the festivals part - I think it could happen.

I reckon we’ll see a statement from Reading in the next few days after Boris gives his speech tomorrow.

Can't imagine they'd make a statement to say 'this is going ahead, unless it isn't', because that is the current stance of the festival.

A lineup announcement would be a figurative statement, however. Do it!

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can't imagine they'd make a statement to say 'this is going ahead, unless it isn't', because that is the current stance of the festival.

A lineup announcement would be a figurative statement, however. Do it!

Yea I can’t see that happening either, as that’s their clear current stance.

They have said somewhere (I think on Twitter) that they’ll update everyone on their stance before 1st March, so I think we’ll either get a further lineup announcement if they think it’ll go ahead, or a cancellation announcement if necessary within the next week or so.

That being said, I do distinctly remember Melvin saying that all 6 headliners for this year were ‘new’ and hadn’t headlined before, and also that only one of them was supposed to have headline last year - which obviously turned out to be bullshit. So, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if we don’t get anything.

How nice would be if on March 1st we get a load of additions to the lineup. To keep some hope alive, I’d expect these to be added: 

Pale Waves, Slowthai and You Me At Six. Maybe Architects but I suspect they’ve got their own tour to announce but who knows, they could do R&L in August and then arenas after. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

How nice would be if on March 1st we get a load of additions to the lineup. To keep some hope alive, I’d expect these to be added: 

Pale Waves, Slowthai and You Me At Six. Maybe Architects but I suspect they’ve got their own tour to announce but who knows, they could do R&L in August and then arenas after. 

I’d absolutely love that, don’t think it’ll happen though unfortunately. I feel they’ll wait off a while longer until they’ve made a decision on whether the festival will go ahead or not.

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

I’d absolutely love that, don’t think it’ll happen though unfortunately. I feel they’ll wait off a while longer until they’ve made a decision on whether the festival will go ahead or not.

If the prospects of this going ahead are looking bright this time tomorrow, they should be working on an announcement as soon as possible. People will be wanting to throw their money down on plans for later in the year immediately.

The decision to be made is cancellation or not, but tomorrow's roadmap - if it's as expected - pushes things much closer to 'not' and the festival should resume planning for an event.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

The fact that Download and RnL have updated on 1st March leads me to suspect that whatever info is released will be applying to all Live Nation festivals aka cancellation. They probably should scrap the events they're currently uncertain about and get to work on several socially distanced events they can almost guarantee will go ahead.

1 hour ago, rawaudioinput said:

The fact that Download and RnL have updated on 1st March leads me to suspect that whatever info is released will be applying to all Live Nation festivals aka cancellation. They probably should scrap the events they're currently uncertain about and get to work on several socially distanced events they can almost guarantee will go ahead.

They’re waiting on today’s announcement... to know what they can do. 

if it’s business as usual by August but no chance in May, why would they treat them the same?

I can see festivals like IOW and TRNSMT being run as trial events for track and trace

Certainly looks really positive for R&L in August tho - so can see some bands being added in the next week to create a bit of hype for the festival.

Edited by Dukey

14 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

it’ll probably be UK acts only tbh

Deffo remains to be seen.

I don’t see why vaccinated and tested people bands etc won’t be allowed into the country by that point, considering international travel is to resume by June. 

It will depend on the specific ‘other countries’ I think. The US is doing well with vaccines, I suspect most who want to be ‘fully’ vaccinated will be before the end of August. 

Add in a test, why couldn’t they enter?

I have vested interest living in the US myself now, so hoping I won’t have to quarantine!