2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m just shocked Harry Styles and Dua Lipa aren’t there…. So very shocked @Matt42 😘

Any attempts to bait Matt out for the two he got wrong — Dua was said by half the forum, as well — are dwarfed by the several unlikely ones he got bang on.

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Any attempts to bait Matt out for the two he got wrong — Dua was said by half the forum, as well — are dwarfed by the several unlikely ones he got bang on.

I wasn’t baiting him in the slightest, I had a joke with him the other day about it. Not everything is a dig

12 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Bit like celebrating an 89th min goal when you're already 5-0 down.

Gotta give it to him: It's Matt's world, and we're all just dabbing in it.

He named about a hundred acts! He was bound to get some right!

(seriously though, he did well)

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

He named about a hundred acts! He was bound to get some right!

(seriously though, he did well)

He does name a lot of acts but he also sticks to ones he really thinks and god bless him he still holds on for Dua/Harry. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I’m just shocked Harry Styles and Dua Lipa aren’t there…. So very shocked @Matt42 😘

He'll be okay - he's got his beloved Doja Cat.

Seriously though, they were never going to get harry, dua, doja cat, megan and olivia rodrigo. I'd sacrifice all of those for dua lipa though honestly - would love to see her get announced later for saturday other [would love to see Bicep given it though - would be incredible, if they get the leg up they will be the future chemical brothers for Other headline slot i reckon]

Edited by gfa

Lack of Taylor still stings, to be honest. But Billie will free me up to be elsewhere (Simz!). 

I’m torn on Macca. There will be Glastonbury Moments™ aplenty but I don’t spend much of my time listening to him and I don’t have any big past musical association with him or his band (I forget their name). I’ll happily see him pending any clashes. 

Kendrick is a must-see for me. I’ll be there 100%, loving every moment. 

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

hang your head in shame @Hugh Jass II

Come back in a few months when Kendrick releases a new record and then we can really shame him.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Lack of Taylor still stings, to be honest. But Billie will free me up to be elsewhere (Simz!). 

I’m torn on Macca. There will be Glastonbury Moments™ aplenty but I don’t spend much of my time listening to him and I don’t have any big past musical association with him or his band (I forget their name). I’ll happily see him pending any clashes. 

Wings. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

New material isnt a selling point for heritage acts.

The Stones played their current single at G13 but I'd much rather that they'd squeezed in something like Monkey Man instead.

Doom & Gloom is a genuinely great song though

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aj6658 said:

Yeah agreed - think its a V weak headliners and I think that it being the grand return and still technically the anniversary the whole line up is missing something. 

It's not a grand return. It's like a Parklife or Wireless lineup with an edge of rock. Might be the first time in a long time that I've seriously questioned that should it be a muddy year, is it all worth it. 

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I just don't think there is anything under the headliners mind blowing that you can't see elsewhere. I mean MTS is playing prominent slots at 3 others festivals. 

For me there is so many options that made the original lineup better. Too much of we need to include and certain image here and politics.

Macca obviously I'd see. It's not the fact they aren't big sellers but unless you're the age of a Reading attendee you aren't overwhelmed with the other two.