2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Just fucking announce him already!

It is quite weird how the festival is not confirming this. It does make me think they want to drop a poster and not the name.

Since when did Glastonbury start announcing things like fucking Coachella!!??

Edit; I should probably explain what I mean by that. Coachella often let rumours sit out there and be reported as fact, but prefer for everything to come at the same time as the poster. See case in point rage being confirmed months and months before the poster dropped for 2020.

Edited by Matt42

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It is quite weird how the festival is not confirming this. It does make me think they want to drop a poster and not the name.

Since when did Glastonbury start announcing things like fucking Coachella!!??

Edit; I should probably explain what I mean by that. Coachella often let rumours sit out there and be reported as fact, but prefer for everything to come at the same time as the poster. See case in point rage being confirmed months and months before the poster dropped for 2020.

Cause when youre at the top of the festival  food chain you really shouldnt give a shit what everyone else is reporting cause it can change. Case in point Rage dropping off the day before the lineup for 2022 was coming. Although they indirectly leak info themselves. Thus why you saw industry articles talking about what was going on and having inside sources. How else do you think the Harry Styles news popped up right before they were supposed to publish the poster last month. 

As much of a public entity the Eavii are they shouldnt have to feel that they must bow down to every rumor or alleged confirmation and such. We should be grateful emily even goes on the radio and talks about things. Its just been magnified moreso because of covid. If this was a normal year we probably wouldnt be scrutinizing as much cause it was just another bump in the road when it came to the lineup drop.

personally pretty glad Im going to vegas this weekend so the time will go by quicker.

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Come on. It's pretty obvious what's happened today.

Ukraine?

I’d buy that, but the invasion broke before the macca tweet. Unless it was a scheduled tweet someone forgot to cancel? I guess that’s viable.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Come on. It's pretty obvious what's happened today.

No I agree but I’d said Macca has been nailed earlier than this. All the articles came out before the invasion. 

Glasto aren’t jumping to confirm this one. Interesting why. Does make me think the poster is nigh.

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Loads of festivals made announcements today. 🤷

Yeah, but maybe they want to be the one that stands out or something. There is almost never a good time in this current day to make the announcement. If they were worried about Ukraine they shouldve put it out tuesday after all of the news outlets were fawning over McCartney. If its literally because they are concerned theyll be seen as tone deaf, well then everyone else certainly didnt care the last 12 hours.

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Kenny showing more signs of activity

6C229EFA-1954-41F9-821F-967BF0093224.jpeg

I don't think there's been a festival poster with acts like Kendrick/Kanye headlining that I know SO little of the rest of the card. I have probably listened to about 4-5 acts. 

What is good though, is that this probably  means new music/album. 

42 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I don't think there's been a festival poster with acts like Kendrick/Kanye headlining that I know SO little of the rest of the card. I have probably listened to about 4-5 acts. 

Tbf, aside from the headliners, that festival has almost exactly the same lineup year in year out, and targets a very specific demographic that eats that shit up. There’s a couple of acts there I know/like, but for the most part… not for me!

1 hour ago, Col!n said:

Kanye and Kendrick headlining the same festival is huge, fair play.

Kendrick opened for Kanye on the Yeezus tour which was loads of fun. And Kanye has to show up anyway.

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Very genre specific festivals like the Rolling Louds show how much a lot of people that casually listen to music dont know is out there or even care for. Same goes for the EDM ones like Electric Daisy Carnival and Creamfields to an extent. Trust me you dont want to go to one of these anyway. Rolling Loud has very much been in the vein of how Travis Scott had been at his own concerts for years. They shoot from the hip and dont care for attendees and all that. In the wake of Astroworld they changed their age requirement  to 18 for one festival and said that they wanted everyone to "rage safely". After that it went right back to 16 and older. And this will be the festival where Travis Scott makes his return, you can guarantee it. 

Edited by Suprefan