2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So obviously it's hard to just ignore such an important part of his career, but if Macca had never been a Beatle, do we reckon he still would have headlined at some point?

I mean, if he was never a Beatle, you got to think would of he had the opportunities he did that lead to him doing things with Wings and then his solo stuff. 

46 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Maybe they got someone a bit cheaper then. Handy profit if it's already sold out and they're not risking damaging the brand in any way.

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Good point.

Is it not post malone they got instead? Doesn’t strike me as much cheaper if even cheaper at all 

19 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So obviously it's hard to just ignore such an important part of his career, but if Macca had never been a Beatle, do we reckon he still would have headlined at some point?

I'm not averse to a bit of alternate history, but that's such a massive "what if?" then you rapidly get into pure speculation.

If Paul hadn't been a Beatle, then would the Beatles even have been popular?

Would rock'n'roll have changed the world to the same extent?

Would Glastonbury even exist as a festival?

Without the Beatles, would Macca even have been a musician? Would he still be alive?

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

I'm not averse to a bit of alternate history, but that's such a massive "what if?" then you rapidly get into pure speculation.

Without the Beatles, would Macca even have been a musician? Would he still be alive?

Think that one was Eddie Vedder pal.

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Would any of us born after 1963 be alive if Paul did not join the Beatles? 

The butterfly effect should not be trifled with, Ashton Kutcher learned that the hard way

On 2/23/2022 at 9:38 AM, tarw said:

I was towards the back of the front pit and he certainly walked out past me. Might not be as long a catwalk as Billie uses but it certainly went into the crowd. 7075B36B-A85F-4725-92A9-0AC87D4B671F.thumb.jpeg.13eb38025e697b133af0bded3082e8dc.jpeg

TURN YOUR FLASH OFF WHEN TAKING PHOTOS AT GIGS!

Carry on.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Let Me Entertain You said:

Not trying to be funny here or anything, it's just that the song was written during the cold war and Macca has performed it ever since as far as I can tell. This is despite the Soviet Union, and then Russia being complete dickheads for ages.

Just a little WW3 joke nothing more than that

Probably just a coincidence, but the Weeknd was supposed to announce his world tour dates today, but didn't because of the news.

Possibly he was due to announce Glasto today, alongside Macca, but it's all gone a bit pear shaped because of Russia??

6 minutes ago, HamishA. said:

Probably just a coincidence, but the Weeknd was supposed to announce his world tour dates today, but didn't because of the news.

Possibly he was due to announce Glasto today, alongside Macca, but it's all gone a bit pear shaped because of Russia??

No we don't have space for him or the budget.

20 minutes ago, HamishA. said:

The Weeknd EU stadium dates are 2023, so if he's doing it then it'll be next summer now.

12 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Was there some suggestion Kendrick might be playing this? Perhaps it was 8am tomorrow and Macca went 24 hours early… 

713CB44A-FCB9-453E-A9E2-1CBE1D2A7D6D.jpeg

I only floated because it looks like both festivals are announcing around the same time when they usually don’t. Nothing more than that.