Jump to content

2022 Headliners


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Is Florence playing any festival Kendrick was booked for?

I will have to check that but she has popped up on a few. 

One thing to think about though is she could be at Latitude. They haven’t dropped their lineup yet and she could be a big headliner for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I will have to check that but she has popped up on a few. 

One thing to think about though is she could be at Latitude. They haven’t dropped their lineup yet and she could be a big headliner for them.

Been thinking for while that Latitude is the most likely spot for her to land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Been thinking for while that Latitude is the most likely spot for her to land.

I have this feeling that latitude will have three exclusive headliners and it will be something like The War on Drugs, Florence + The Machine, and Alt-J, which explains why they are all touring Europe but not showing up at any UK festivals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as I'm the flo cheerleader around these parts, I do think it'll be Billie/Macca/Kendrick. As much as I think it would be weird for Kendrick to not play any festival other than one in the UK when he's mainly a US artist...glasto is a massive deal and it being one of his few shows would get it attention in the USA as well.

However, wasn't someone saying a while back that Kendrick doesn't sign on to things until the last minute? Is it possible that they're going off his yes from 2020 but maybe he hasn't signed in 2022 yet and thus could be assumed to be headlining glastonbury by people in the know but not legit be confirmed yet (not raising red flags bc he's known to be last minute but this but also not legit considered to actually be doing it)? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I have this feeling that latitude will have three exclusive headliners and it will be something like The War on Drugs, Florence + The Machine, and Alt-J, which explains why they are all touring Europe but not showing up at any UK festivals.

tbh latitude is totally possible but other than glastonbury in 2015 they don't tend to do UK festivals before they do proper tour shows in the UK, so id see them as more likely for 2023 uk fests than any 2022 festivals (aside from big televised ones like glasto or R+L)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Agree that The 1975's moment to headline has probably passed.

I do think there is a group of musicians who pre-pandemic were riding the crest of a wave popularity wise and due to enforced inactivity have seen a massive dent in that.

A prominent member of this troupe is definitely Gerry Cinnamon, I know not a headliner by any stretch but he could of released a song of purely white noise pre pandemic and it would have been lapped up. Not sure that's the case now.

 

Gerry Cinnamon got a massive crowd at Reading, really great set even though I never listen to his music at home 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the two strongly rumoured and one confirmed headliner We’d probably only go to see Macca but i understand the need for Glastonbury to be as diverse as it can with a wide appeal.  And with all the alternatives available at the other stages it’s not really a problem.  Two headliners is the most I’ve ever been to.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Gerry Cinnamon got a massive crowd at Reading, really great set even though I never listen to his music at home 

 

Gerry certainly has a decent way to go yet, won tickets for his ally pally show and it was fantastic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Gerry certainly has a decent way to go yet, won tickets for his ally pally show and it was fantastic

Yeah I saw him at Brixton o2, he puts on a great show put i'd never sit down at home and listen to him. He's sold out two dates at Hampden park crazy stuff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NoBuses said:

Yeah I saw him at Brixton o2, he puts on a great show put i'd never sit down at home and listen to him. He's sold out two dates at Hampden park crazy stuff

courteeners level as far as north/south show difference goes although i think he can balance it eventually

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looking at the two strongly rumoured and one confirmed headliner We’d probably only go to see Macca but i understand the need for Glastonbury to be as diverse as it can with a wide appeal.  And with all the alternatives available at the other stages it’s not really a problem.  Two headliners is the most I’ve ever been to.  

I'm the same and I'd be happy with that. I won't miss a band I like on the Pyramid as the magic really does happen sometimes, but I'm happy when it's a blank for me at Pyramid headliner time as I love how quiet the rest of the site is, and seeing things on other stages.

But similarly I don't like it when I get zero like 2015 ended up being! 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looking at the two strongly rumoured and one confirmed headliner We’d probably only go to see Macca but i understand the need for Glastonbury to be as diverse as it can with a wide appeal.  And with all the alternatives available at the other stages it’s not really a problem.  Two headliners is the most I’ve ever been to.  

In all the years I've been going I've only watched all three Pyramid headliners once and that was in 2017 (Radiohead, Foo Fighters and Ed Sheeran)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If 2016 /2017 / 2019 is anything to go we'll be getting the poster before the balance payment window opens (Tues 1st March)

Therefore if we were to use 2016 / 2017 as a template then the poster is coming w/c 21st Feb

If we were using 2019 as something to go by then w/c 7th Feb

With that in mind if the headliners are to be given their own moment in the sun in reality you'd expect something late this week / early next surely?

Either way it's entirely plausible that the big poster could be with us within the next 2 weeks. Madness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

There’s at least one shite act headlining the Pyramid (Kasabian, Florence, The Who, Adele, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, The Killers). Doubt I’ll ever watch all three.

Edit: Forgot Foo Fighters.

Paul McCartney 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

If 2016 /2017 / 2019 is anything to go we'll be getting the poster before the balance payment window opens (Tues 1st March)

Therefore if we were to use 2016 / 2017 as a template then the poster is coming w/c 21st Feb

If we were using 2019 as something to go by then w/c 7th Feb

With that in mind if the headliners are to be given their own moment in the sun in reality you'd expect something late this week / early next surely?

Either way it's entirely plausible that the big poster could be with us within the next 2 weeks. Madness.

I'm going for Macca this week/early next and then Kendrick revealed on the poster last week of Feb, as he was in 2020.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm going for Macca this week/early next and then Kendrick revealed on the poster last week of Feb, as he was in 2020.

I think you’re right on Macca.

Cautiously optimistic the poster will be with us 10/11th Feb or early the following week.

Edited by JoeyT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Pattern??? That's your first mistake...

True.

Just throwing it all in a mixing bowl though - with Emily's soon comment, the fact the first poster more than likely will be before the balance window opens and at least one of the headliners most likely being announced pre poster, at the very least a headliner announcement is surely imminent.

Someone else must know something. I'm surprised it's only been Neil and myself who have any nuggets of info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...