2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Maybe he’s not ready? Maybe he’s locked in for somewhere else in the US like the Governor’s Ball.

I don’t want to get burnt again but if he does drop his album in June and then does Governors Ball, Glastonbury and a few other shows in EU before heading back to the states for Lolla etc in July that’s a pretty solid touring schedule. All of these events are TBA so there’s nothing to discount this is exactly what he’s doing. Cover as much of the world in a short burst as he can.

20 minutes ago, Miyn said:

If coachella booked their headliners last minute, and Neil's info originates before then, and supposedly Kendrick was asked to play, why would he have said no?

They may have known he was coming out for Keem but he didn’t want to do a full headline set.

Thinking what the dates could be

10 - 12 June Governors Ball NY (USA)

*maybe some extra US dates?

22 - 26 June Glastonbury, Pilton (UK)

29 - 2 June/July, Opener (Poland)

1 - 3 July Longitude, (Ireland)

7 - 9 July Les Ardentes (Belgium)

Jul – 17 Jul 2022 - Ottawa Blues Festival (USA)

28 Jul – 31 Jul 2022 - Lollapalooza Chicago (USA)

This could 100% work for Kendrick. I just noticed Longitude in Ireland is still TBA with their lineup and he was down to play in 2020.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Thinking what the dates could be

10 - 12 June Governors Ball NY (USA)

*maybe some extra US dates?

22 - 26 June Glastonbury, Pilton (UK)

29 - 2 June/July, Opener (Poland)

1 - 3 July Longitude, (Ireland)

7 - 9 July Les Ardentes (Belgium)

Jul – 17 Jul 2022 - Ottawa Blues Festival (USA)

28 Jul – 31 Jul 2022 - Lollapalooza Chicago (USA)

This could 100% work for Kendrick. I just noticed Longitude in Ireland is still TBA with their lineup and he was down to play in 2020.

Bu why isn't he playing Roskilde then? If there's one EU fest where he fits perfectly. And Roskilde have yet to announce their biggest names. 

2 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Bu why isn't he playing Roskilde then? If there's one EU fest where he fits perfectly. And Roskilde have yet to announce their biggest names. 

Maybe he couldn’t confirm for them when they needed to lock their headliners down… who knows. It is a bit of a weird one. 

How did none of us mention that Longitude have their entire lineup TBA and Kendrick was down to play in 2020? I don’t think anyone picked up on that at all.

165DACF6-CADD-4C31-86D4-8C041F3192E0.gif

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

To early to be speculating about Kendrick setlists?

I just want this. In full.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2021/las-vegas-festival-grounds-las-vegas-nv-538ad389.html

Great setlist, I would hope maybe some new stuff if we have a new album by then? He's been riding DAMN for 5 years now.

i went back and listened to all of his albums the other day and came out of it thinking...

this will be incredible. if you know anything about hip hop and kendricks place in it... it could be historic.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Maybe he couldn’t confirm for them when they needed to lock their headliners down… who knows. It is a bit of a weird one. 

How did none of us mention that Longitude have their entire lineup TBA and Kendrick was down to play in 2020? I don’t think anyone picked up on that at all.

165DACF6-CADD-4C31-86D4-8C041F3192E0.gif

I posted a couple of months back that several of the festivals he was due to play haven’t announced yet/still have space for headliners, including Longitude, much to my own dismay as someone not going in 2022.

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2021/las-vegas-festival-grounds-las-vegas-nv-538ad389.html

Its a fantastic set list but I can't see this happening at Glastonbury, especially with a new album.

I see a set list more like this: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2018/little-johns-farm-reading-england-13e83d51.html

But with less DAMN tracks for new album tracks, the older colab songs for some of the newer ones. Along with a longer set time 21-22 songs. I imagine we'll get DNA, Humble and Loyalty from DAMN. I just want Blacker the berry and Alright. With a very rare chance of These Walls. 

55 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Great setlist, I would hope maybe some new stuff if we have a new album by then? He's been riding DAMN for 5 years now.

Because I’ve never seen Kendrick before I’d be perfectly happy with a career to date set.

Hopefully any new stuff doesn’t push the S80/GKMC material out too much.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Because I’ve never seen Kendrick before I’d be perfectly happy with a career to date set.

Hopefully any new stuff doesn’t push the S80/GKMC material out too much.

I have a feeling we wont get a lot of S80, but I imagine most of the new album will push out DAMN songs. 

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I have a feeling we wont get a lot of S80, but I imagine most of the new album will push out DAMN songs. 

I think we'll see more of DAMN. than you reckon — DNA, HUMBLE, LOYALTY and LOVE are v likely.

He could end up doing early material medleys. That would be a good way to get Money Trees/Backstreet Freestyle/m.A.A.d city bundled together.  Even back in 2013 he wasn't playing Swimming Pools in full for whatever reason.

We could end up with an 15-song setlist + encore that's actually more like 25 when you add the component parts and interstitial moments. Big buzz.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

this is the one. however my fav kendrick songs are sing about me, element, XXX, cartoons and cereal (which he will never play) and wesley's theory. man i really really wished he did those kunta groove sessions in the UK, but oh well.