Jump to content

2022 Headliners


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Remember that only 3 agencies control all the talent in the world. this years coachella line up broken down by who represents them. 

booking.jpg

I count at least 10 agencies listed there, so your statement that 3 agencies control all the talent in the world is absolute horseshit. Can't you count? Thought you'd have at least done the digging and the research.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I count at least 10 agencies listed there, so your statement that 3 agencies control all the talent in the world is absolute horseshit. Can't you count? Thought you'd have at least done the digging and the research.

The point is more that 3 agencies control 90% of it. Its like calling the UK a two party system and then saying theres UKIP too.

I'd argue that theres 4 though - CAA, UTA, Wassermann and also WME features heavily on line 2+3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gaga not ruled out AFAIK. It will obviously come down to when these dates are rescheduled (if at all), something is holding it up, either a potential cancellation or fitting it in around other dates. As both a Billie and Gaga fan though, having them both on in the same year might not be the best scheduling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Has Gaga been ruled out? She's rescheduling The Chromatica Ball (which includes a UK date) to summer 2022.

 

 

Whats the source of the reschedule.

 

If you had an all female trio then you def cant have Dua go against one of them, so you either bump her up so you can get proper counterprogramming or place her as a potential sub.

Edited by Suprefan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I count at least 10 agencies listed there, so your statement that 3 agencies control all the talent in the world is absolute horseshit. Can't you count? Thought you'd have at least done the digging and the research.

You understand that the big agencies get the biggest talent? Harry doesnt have Ground Control as his representation now does he. Its just like the  2 promoters that control the entire  live music industry. Youre gonna spew that theres a thousand other small ones that have a slice of the pie, but theyre not multi billion dollar conglomerates now are they. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Whats the source of the reschedule.

 

If you had an all female trio then you def cant have Dua go against one of them, so you either bump her up so you can get proper counterprogramming or place her as a potential sub.

Or have a top line of Billie / Dua / Gaga.

Obviously there are reasons why they'd shy away from that - but on the other hand it would be ace and fairly fucking balls out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not that I think sale metrics are a good indicator of someone's headline status but it seems to be mentioned a fair bit. Liam has had 2 number 1 solo albums and a number 1 live album. His singles have not done as well but to suggest that people just turn up to his show with hope of big brother showing up seems odd to me.

His music is constantly played on the big rock radio stations. I've never personally gone out of my way to listen to him and im pretty sure I know all the words to all of his solo singles. Now am I pleased by that fact? No, but my brain can't deny a ear worm it appears and people seem to be buying/listening enough to get them to the top of the pops.

Edited by Slugy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But - more importantly - if I was booking the El Pointo line up there's a good chance I'd bring his 2019 set into consideration. 

I'm sure plenty of people left the field happy with him as a sub, but it wouldn't have been a great headliner effort, and I'm not sure what he'd do differently if he was further up the bill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But - more importantly - if I was booking the El Pointo line up there's a good chance I'd bring his 2019 set into consideration. 

I'm sure plenty of people left the field happy with him as a sub, but it wouldn't have been a great headliner effort, and I'm not sure what he'd do differently if he was further up the bill.

Exactly this. 

The Oasis tunes were “moments”. His solo stuff was an opportunity to grab a drink or go to the toilet. 

And I’m not someone who hates his solo material, it’s just not headliner worthy. 

I watched his Reading headline gig last year and for one tune where Noel would usually sing the chorus, they had the lyrics on the big screen and let the crowd go into karaoke mode whilst Liam had a sip on his beer.

That’s not what we want to see on El Pointo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s widely speculated in gaga’s fanbase that these dates are not being rescheduled. She was interviewed in the run up to house of Gucci about the chromatica ball and she gave the interviewer a look like “err that’s not happening”.

I will try and find it but I saw it on a gaga fan tik tok. Does anyone else know what I mean?

In short it’s likely that this tour isn’t going ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s widely speculated in gaga’s fanbase that these dates are not being rescheduled. She was interviewed in the run up to house of Gucci about the chromatica ball and she gave the interviewer a look like “err that’s not happening”.

I will try and find it but I saw it on a gaga fan tik tok. Does anyone else know what I mean?

In short it’s likely that this tour isn’t going ahead.

If that’s the case, it would be nice to actually refund people they knew it wasn’t going ahead rather than stringing them along. It was certainly worrying when they didn’t propose a new date like they did the first time it was postponed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s widely speculated in gaga’s fanbase that these dates are not being rescheduled. She was interviewed in the run up to house of Gucci about the chromatica ball and she gave the interviewer a look like “err that’s not happening”.

I will try and find it but I saw it on a gaga fan tik tok. Does anyone else know what I mean?

In short it’s likely that this tour isn’t going ahead.

Really? A colleague is a massive Gaga fan is very much under the impression they’re gonna get rescheduled

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...