Jump to content

2022 Headliners


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Alternatively, and way more likely if there’s a second pop act headlining, it’s Dua Lipa who was going to headline in 2021 and was already booked for the last announced edition of the festival.

Dua is a candidate no one is denying but we’ve not heard she’s in line for 2022 and if anything returning to the other stage position. 

The 2021 info could be interpreted in all sorts of ways. The time they were planning the festival was during the worst of the pandemic, the list of acts planning to tour in 2021 was probably extremely slim. I don’t doubt she was an option but it was probably a firebreak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

See this is why I love you Matt. Four hours ago none of us would entertain the possibility of Harry Styles headlining Glastonbury any time soon.

One Coachella announcement later and you’re giddy at prospect of the next great headliner set.

Never change young man.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

See this is why I love you Matt. Four hours ago none of us would entertain the possibility of Harry Styles headlining Glastonbury any time soon.

One Coachella announcement later and you’re giddy at prospect of the next great headliner set.

Never change young man.

Well what else are we going to talk about until the Coachella poster drops?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dua is a candidate no one is denying but we’ve not heard she’s in line for 2022 and if anything returning to the other stage position. 

The 2021 info could be interpreted in all sorts of ways. The time they were planning the festival was during the worst of the pandemic, the list of acts planning to tour in 2021 was probably extremely slim. I don’t doubt she was an option but it was probably a firebreak.

We have not heard anything about this. You have just repeated it ad infinitum and made up your own reasoning for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

We have not heard anything about this. You have just repeated it ad infinitum and made up your own reasoning for it.

She was down for the Saturday last time and she can’t do the Sunday. It just sounds like she’s doing the slot she was doing before. There’s actually nothing to indicate anything different other than someone saying she was thought of as a headliner for 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Depeche Mode probably. Definitely for the first one, and probably for UK festivals all together.

Good one that! Still it’s pretty rare to have a UK artist get given their first headlining gigs in the states and not the UK.

I agree though Depeche Mode are fridge list forever.

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Has there ever been a UK artist that has headlined Coachella before they headlined Glastonbury? Or even a UK festival for that matter?

More than I thought (I was bored). In addition to Depeche Mode, Roger Waters and Calvin Harris. Asterisks too on the Stone Roses (they obviously were booked to headline Glastonbury first) and Gorillaz (by virtue of Coach being earlier in 2010 than Glasto)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

More than I thought (I was bored). In addition to Depeche Mode, Roger Waters and Calvin Harris. Asterisks too on the Stone Roses (they obviously were booked to headline Glastonbury first) and Gorillaz (by virtue of Coach being earlier in 2010 than Glasto)

Scotland exists!!!

Calvin and Stone Roses headlined TITP before Coachella! Stone Roses did V Festival too the year before.

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She was down for the Saturday last time and she can’t do the Sunday. It just sounds like she’s doing the slot she was doing before. There’s actually nothing to indicate anything different other than someone saying she was thought of as a headliner for 2021.

How can it “sound like” that when we’ve heard absolutely nothing to suggest it. It’s okay to just say that it’s what you think is going to happen, you don’t need to keep acting like we have any info to suggest it.

She’s free on the Saturday. She could be headlining the Pyramid on the Saturday, she could be headlining the Other on the Saturday, she could be sat in Norway or wherever tf doing nothing on the Saturday.

We haven’t heard that any of these are happening. Each possibility is just based on what we individually think may happen. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised by any of the three happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

How can it “sound like” that when we’ve heard absolutely nothing to suggest it. It’s okay to just say that it’s what you think is going to happen, you don’t need to keep acting like we have any info to suggest it.

She’s free on the Saturday. She could be headlining the Pyramid on the Saturday, she could be headlining the Other on the Saturday, she could be sat in Norway or wherever tf doing nothing on the Saturday.

We haven’t heard that any of these are happening. Each possibility is just based on what we individually think may happen. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised by any of the three happening.

the mf'er a very angry weatherman 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Was only going against Glastonbury. I was curious but not checking every single UK festivals headliners curious.

No prob but I think it looks even more unique when you take into account all UK festivals. That Depeche Mode and Harry Styles are the only acts to have headlined Coachella before they headlined a UK festival. Depeche Mode also have an aversion to UK festivals so there is an * by their name as it is!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha here I was asking about Harry Styles a few days ago and none of yall thought he was even possible and now look...

Anyways, I also think 2023 might be more likely if he was to do a glasto headline set. How often do Coachella and glasto share headliners in the same year? I know they're on different continents but they're still the two biggest major mainstream festivals in the world, you'd imagine they'd like to avoid too much overlap. Tho obvs they're sharing Billie this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Him headlining Coachella changes things. Especially if the set is a smash. But I think there'll always be more vital candidates than him for a big pop name to play. A bit like Bruno Mars or someone like that.

That'll be the crux of it. It's his first go at this size of event, isn't it? And he's the 'oh fuck, we can't find anyone else' headliner at that. If he nails it, he's a contender, but there are a great many big pop acts who're better fits at Glastonbury, imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...