2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure how much choice she had if the big stadia were already filled booked.

More likely is that BST threw a massive wad of cash at her.

Well the same people who put on BST are the same who put on Coachella so you can do some math on that one.

50 minutes ago, kalifire said:

She’ll take the most lucrative option. She’d be all over an exclusive residency at Vegas if it bagged her more cash than a tour. 

Depends how many Vegas dates are done. The same billboard article that mentioned no holds on arenas or stadiums also compared Vegas vs Large venue. Over the long term Vegas yielded more money. But Stadiums would be the route if this was short and aweet.

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

She’ll take the most lucrative option. She’d be all over an exclusive residency at Vegas if it bagged her more cash than a tour. 

I thought Adele preferred doing fewer, bigger shows rather than tons of smaller ones due to stagefright? Not sure if this is still the case but factoring in that residencies seem unlikely

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

I thought Adele preferred doing fewer, bigger shows rather than tons of smaller ones due to stagefright? Not sure if this is still the case but factoring in that residencies seem unlikely

Performing twice a week in a controlled environment is much easier than moving stadium to stadium. Vegas would be a contract with a set amount of shows for a certain price. Lets say 50 million for 20 performances. They all dont have to be in succession anyway. Lady Gaga just did hers in separate blocks. 3 weekends then a break, another 3 weekends then a break and so on and so forth.  And you guarantee yourself the money compared to a regular tour where you potentially might not sell out every date. That is not to say Adele would not sell out her tour, but even the largest acts arent impervious to that. So lets say in theory Adele had some Vegas dates in February,  May, August and November. You just fill in the rest of the time within reason so the performances stay top notch. And scarcity is also a good thing. Less dates means people will be more prone to buying a ticket cause you dont know when or if she is coming back.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Performing twice a week in a controlled environment is much easier than moving stadium to stadium. Vegas would be a contract with a set amount of shows for a certain price. Lets say 50 million for 20 performances. They all dont have to be in succession anyway. Lady Gaga just did hers in separate blocks. 3 weekends then a break, another 3 weekends then a break and so on and so forth.  And you guarantee yourself the money compared to a regular tour where you potentially might not sell out every date. That is not to say Adele would not sell out her tour, but even the largest acts arent impervious to that. So lets say in theory Adele had some Vegas dates in February,  May, August and November. You just fill in the rest of the time within reason so the performances stay top notch. And scarcity is also a good thing. Less dates means people will be more prone to buying a ticket cause you dont know when or if she is coming back.

Thanks for the explanation

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Adele is a bit of a fibber and her humour is a bit self deprecating. She can’t have a problem with crowds and then perform to 100,000 people a night at Wembley.

I think she does it to appear more endearing, but she is definitely beyond the point of not doing shows because she’s scared of crowd size.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Going from Macca to Reg to the Boring Employer would be a hell of a comedown.

There are people out there still in comas from his 2009 set.

I can’t say I’m super thrilled but I think if you need a replacement for Macca then the boss is probably as close as u can get.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

🚨

No Macca for TW Classic (which he was originally rumoured to play in Belgium).

5CB1E00A-6170-43A9-B54C-6AE59AB6121E.jpeg

I saw that earlier. There is some ambiguity in Ken’s post; when he says “There is something going on” I wonder if he means re Macca, but not at TW, or is the whole sentence about TW and nothing to do with Macca. 

I still think he’s a strong possibility for Glastonbury. He’s certainly upped his profile of late, many of his contemporaries are back on the road next year, can’t see him being far behind.

And yes, Springsteen’s  looking like a contender now too 

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

@eFestivals

Come on Neil, we need some reassurance right now. Kenny and Macca are both looking shakey…

Tbh I think Neil was told info that was probably kosher at the time. Glasto were probably holding spots for Kenny / Macca…. But there’s a chance that both of them haven’t taken up big G on the offer.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tbh I think Neil was told info that was probably kosher at the time. Glasto were probably holding spots for Kenny / Macca…. But there’s a chance that both of them haven’t taken up big G on the offer.

Neil was pretty confident when he announced it here. I'd imagine his source would have told him Kenny / Macca are confirmed rather than they are holding spots (whatever that means)

9 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Neil was pretty confident when he announced it here. I'd imagine his source would have told him Kenny / Macca are confirmed rather than they are holding spots (whatever that means)

I want to believe but at the moment it looks like Macca and Kendrick are doing glasto as European exclusives… which I struggle to believe. 

We have had one offs before, but it’s not a good sign once you enter that territory.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I want to believe but at the moment it looks like Macca and Kendrick are doing glasto as European exclusives… which I struggle to believe. 

We have had one offs before, but it’s not a good sign once you enter that territory.

They've already got Billie as a European festival exclusive, so the other two could be possible as well. Besides, there's still some festivals that have space for Kendrick on their lineup, even if they aren't exactly the same ones as he had planned for 2020/1