2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Sounds to me like Kendrick is out and has been like-for-like replaced by J Cole, similar to Swift being out for Billie Eilish?

Similarly not surprised at Chris Martin being a replacement for Paul McCartney.

Coldplay, the band The Beatles could have been.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

I said a few weeks back that subbing the other certainly fits.  I’d not rule out headlining a stage like JP.  If The Streets and other equally big ish bands can then Sam Fender can certainly do it

Firstly, the worda came out to shit in that post. Secondly, I don't remember The Streets your but I think Sam's is still bigger?, might be wrong. Other sub sounds about right, get the attention without losing it to a headliner but JP I'd put money on it that he won't be.

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Similarly not surprised at Chris Martin being a replacement for Paul McCartney.

Coldplay, the band The Beatles could have been.

Looks like Coldplay are doing Wembley next year, they havent ever done the farm and stadiums in the same year i dont think?

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm still going to believe Swift is headlining until they've packed The Park away on Sunday night and she hasn't popped out for a secret Folkmore set.

She’ll be loitering near the Cider Bus by then, trying to catch a glimpse of who will be headlining next year.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm still going to believe Swift is headlining until they've packed The Park away on Sunday night and she hasn't popped out for a secret Folkmore set.

keep fighting the good fight brother.

i'm also a believer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't doubt @eFestivals sources or his confidence in them. After all we're all able to remember the occasional clanger which shows how seldom they are incorrect compared to the majority which turn out to be spot on. Having said that, the twin news of the Kenny omission from that Friday announcement and the, seemingly imminent, announcement of Springsteen for Mad Cool has given me a bit of a wobble.

It suddenly occurred to me this morning that the festival made specific reference to Billie's age in the official announcement. Maybe a way to offset the fact they'd booked two old codgers for the other days? 

Head says we'll still end up with Billie/Macca/Kenny but can't shake the feeling there's a swerve around the corner. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

29 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Don't doubt @eFestivals sources or his confidence in them. After all we're all able to remember the occasional clanger which shows how seldom they are incorrect compared to the majority which turn out to be spot on. Having said that, the twin news of the Kenny omission from that Friday announcement and the, seemingly imminent, announcement of Springsteen for Mad Cool has given me a bit of a wobble.

It suddenly occurred to me this morning that the festival made specific reference to Billie's age in the official announcement. Maybe a way to offset the fact they'd booked two old codgers for the other days? 

Head says we'll still end up with Billie/Macca/Kenny but can't shake the feeling there's a swerve around the corner. 

Enter Reginald.... 

• Like 1