Jump to content

2022 Headliners


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, Ddiamondd said:

If Dua headlines the Other, then she's 10000% nailed on to pop out for a Sunday night duet.

Maybe Relton will also bring out a few of the Lil Nas Xs and Young Thugs he genuinely loves and supports.

Then: pow, second encore, fry-up eating competition with his aul' mate Pete. Gonna be historical.

 

If Elton Brings out Young Thug I might cry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Beginning to think QOTSA will be removed from the bill. Was never announced and Homme is in the shit atm.

Wolf Alice, who we collectively sorta think might sub Other, would slot up into position very easily.

If they drop QOTSA then Royal Blood would, IMO, be the pick to step up. I had them down as a potential sub but would fit headlining Other opposite Billie pretty well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they drop QOTSA then Royal Blood would, IMO, be the pick to step up. I had them down as a potential sub but would fit headlining Other opposite Billie pretty well.

Should have been their first pick for an other headline slot anyway tbh. Royal Blood would be a great other headliner for 2022. QOTSA are a great get, but I think bands like Royal Blood are the ones the festival should really be propping up.

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

His lawyer has publicly stated he is innocent. Looks like it's going to court so it would be extremely stupid to admit guilt at this stage especially if he is innocent

Yeah, I know that, but there's a difference between circumstances in one specific court case and Homme doing a clear-the-air interview or press push. He fessed up when he kicked the photographer, iirc.

PR rulebook 101. You cultivate your public image while dealing with legal issues on the low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That court case is messy — I mean, Brody has filed it on behalf of the kids and the family dog — but we don't know the timeline of events, Homme might be in recovery, are there are ways to ensure it doesn't fester and make attending Queens live shows next summer a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, I know that, but there's a difference between circumstances in one specific court case and Homme doing a clear-the-air interview or press push. He fessed up when he kicked the photographer, iirc.

PR rulebook 101. You cultivate your public image while dealing with legal issues on the low.

Yeah, but when he kicked the female photographer in the head, didn't he, er, do it in front of a huge crowd of people?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Or yeah, just get The Strokes in alongside Dua & PSB and have the strongest Other trio ever.

The Strokes will never drop this “mainstage headliner or nothing” crap they’ve been pulling for ages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Beginning to think QOTSA will be removed from the bill. Was never announced and Homme is in the shit atm.

Wolf Alice, who we collectively sorta think might sub Other, would slot up into position very easily.

Not sure on this, unless proven guilty I can’t see GF removing him, more likely he pulls out and QOTSA don’t tour due to ‘personal reasons’.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dentalplan said:

They’re headlining it!

They are, but it's hardly a high prestige gig is it? 20k capacity and £45 tickets suggest that huge sums of money haven't changed hands.

To me that suggests they might be more open to taking lower profile gigs than before, still don't expect them to be at Glastonbury because they never are, but there's slightly more reason to hope than before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

They are, but it's hardly a high prestige gig is it? 20k capacity and £45 tickets suggest that huge sums of money haven't changed hands.

To me that suggests they might be more open to taking lower profile gigs than before, still don't expect them to be at Glastonbury because they never are, but there's slightly more reason to hope than before.

I would say headlining medium festivals precisely says that they’re more interested in being the headliner than the support, but I guess we don’t know either way.

I think they’re money-motivated, and that they’d play lower than headline if festivals paid them the fee they usually take to headline. We know Glastonbury is never doing that, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They're playing Lytham Festival a few weeks later.

 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They are, but it's hardly a high prestige gig is it? 20k capacity and £45 tickets suggest that huge sums of money haven't changed hands.

To me that suggests they might be more open to taking lower profile gigs than before, still don't expect them to be at Glastonbury because they never are, but there's slightly more reason to hope than before.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They’re headlining it!

The Strokes will get to the point where they are headlining your local village fete before they accept lower slots at mainstream festivals. They will not loosen their grip on being a headliner or nothing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I would say headlining medium festivals precisely says that they’re more interested in being the headliner than the support, but I guess we don’t know either way.

I think they’re money-motivated, and that they’d play lower than headline if festivals paid them the fee they usually take to headline. We know Glastonbury is never doing that, however.

Agree about them being money motivated, but headlining Lytham suggests to me they've dropped their price a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there seems to have been a bit of a change with the Strokes in the last couple years. When they played BST in 2015 seemed like just a cash grab and with their last album before TNA they didn't really promote it at all. DOn't think they liked each other. Now they have another (great) album and seem to be enjoying themselves again.

That Lytham festival is N England exclusive and obv they now have TRNSMT. Probs leaves one (or more) of Lattitude, Glasto or a big london gig of their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

 

The Strokes will get to the point where they are headlining your local village fete before they accept lower slots at mainstream festivals. They will not loosen their grip on being a headliner or nothing!

Tbf why should the accept lower? They're huge! Sold APE out no bother even when they were dishing out free tickets for other big ish acts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...