2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reckon it’s more than money. He’s been there and available many years. 

One thing I did notice though is Emily is now following him on insta @kalifire. She wasn’t before. Maybe the dream is alive?

Ah I mean I’m not fussed on his reasoning really, think it’s stupid regardless. He doesn’t have to do anything he doesn’t want to, and doesn’t owe anyone anything, but still think he’s a wally for not wanting to play one of the most iconic stages in the world, in his home country, at one of his home country’s most significant cultural cornerstones. 

32 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Ah I mean I’m not fussed on his reasoning really, think it’s stupid regardless. He doesn’t have to do anything he doesn’t want to, and doesn’t owe anyone anything, but still think he’s a wally for not wanting to play one of the most iconic stages in the world, in his home country, at one of his home country’s most significant cultural cornerstones. 

He’s quite an opinionated bloke. I won’t be surprised if he holds some kind of view about the festival that he won’t budge on? Idk. 

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

That feels.. less likely than it being a money issue tbh. This is Elton John we’re talking about not Gary Barlow. 

Yeah, I mean given the work Elton has done for gay rights, AIDS causes, Africa, etc down the years it would seem odd if the ethos of Glastonbury clashed with his own.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

That feels.. less likely than it being a money issue tbh. This is Elton John we’re talking about not Gary Barlow. 

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah, I mean given the work Elton has done for gay rights, AIDS causes, Africa, etc down the years it would seem odd if the ethos of Glastonbury clashed with his own.

I’m thinking more in line with Bruce Dickinsons “it’s a middle class event with annoying people with wellies who don’t pay artists their full fee” than disagreeing with their ethos.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’m thinking more in line with Bruce Dickinsons “it’s a middle class event with annoying people with wellies who don’t pay artists their full fee” than disagreeing with their ethos.

Lots of this is correct to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I get you. But again, he headlined Radio 2’s Torys in the Park event in 2016 so clearly that isn’t a concern either. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It's probably the money.

Or they offered him a legend slot and he got offended and wanted to headline? He is having a streak of big shows at the moment because it’s his last tour but not long ago you could catch him in a pretty small venue.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I very much doubt Mr. needs hundreds of thousands of flowers in his dressing room or he has a bit of a sulk before a gig cares about whose watching him. Especially when he's charging £200 a ticket. 

19 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Yeah I was there too, it was Felix and Joe who weren’t there. Joe had covid and Felix was stuck in France due to some sorts covid travel restrictions

Would that mean Latitude was the same too then - same weekend? I had never really listened to them and was very impressed - even more impressed if they were two members down!

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Would that mean Latitude was the same too then - same weekend? I had never really listened to them and was very impressed - even more impressed if they were two members down!

Imagine so yeah, Gaelic definitely wouldn’t have been there as he couldn’t travel to the UK. Not sure about Joe as would depend on when he tested positive