2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Still regret not seeing Kanye.

Went to Suede instead, which was fine, but can’t help but feel I missed out.

Thought I was watching an all timer headline set after the first two songs. Ended up being fun but obviously was a bit of a trainwreck.

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Thought I was watching an all timer headline set after the first two songs. Ended up being fun but obviously was a bit of a trainwreck.

I think in hindsight its potentially regrettable because at that stage it mightve been the best you were going to get out of him and the chance he properly tours and such now is very low.

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

It's a struggle to think of a more underwhelming comeback than that of Doves over the last couple of years.

I imagine there’s plenty. The album was (surprisingly) really good. Hard to follow that up when you can’t tour because of a band members Mental Health struggles though.

52 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Sad to see esteemed poster Matt42 hitting the crack pipe tonight.

I went to see the Batman tonight and the cinema crowd was really disappointing. Bunch of teenagers sat in the row infront of me on their phones / chatting the whole time. Ruined it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 2:47 PM, elliot6 said:

It's probably just a mistake but Festaff seem to think that Rolling Stones are the final BST artist. The headline says Elton John but then it says Rolling Stones on 25 June and links to a page on the BST website which isn't live yet. 

https://www.festaff.co.uk/festival-info/bst-elton-john-

I'm never right about anything normally! 

https://www.allgigs.co.uk/view/artist/6295/The_Rolling_Stones.html

On 1/28/2022 at 11:21 PM, GrumpyRaver said:

If a band is good enough, they can even ride Covid... The techs can stand in without too much hassle for anyone except the singer. I saw Hot Chip headline Standon Calling last summer, minus two members - one of whom was Alexis Taylor!

Alexis was there. 

8 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Yeah I was there too, it was Felix and Joe who weren’t there. Joe had covid and Felix was stuck in France due to some sorts covid travel restrictions

So it was... dyslexic name swap mix up.  But point stands... If Hot Chip can do a gig without Joe, then other bands can do a gig without a less pivotal member.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

So BST has Elton John, Adele & The Rolling Stones (plus others). Absolutely huge.

Is there anywhere with a stronger line up than that this year?

Does BST count though? They are a series of individual gigs. It’s not like you can buy one ticket and go to all of them.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Does BST count though? They are a series of individual gigs. It’s not like you can buy one ticket and go to all of them.

Fair point. I guess I meant as an organisation booking a string of related bu individual events. It's a very impressive roster.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

So BST has Elton John, Adele & The Rolling Stones (plus others). Absolutely huge.

Is there anywhere with a stronger line up than that this year?

Would probably prefer to watch Glastonbury’s headline trio. Touch and go though. Really is a shitter that Elton is almost certainly going to retire without ever playing the Farm. 

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

All booked by one entity for one venue so I’m going to say it counts.

After a rough couple of years BST have clearly gone all out for massive sellers. Elton sold out that place in minutes.

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Would probably prefer to watch Glastonbury’s headline trio. Touch and go though. Really is a shitter that Elton is almost certainly going to retire without ever playing the Farm. 

Yeah, what a Wally, why he wouldn’t just do it beyond me, has more money than anyone would ever need. What a waste, same with Fleetwood Mac who probably will go without playing it. 

proper annoys me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

All booked by one entity for one venue so I’m going to say it counts.

After a rough couple of years BST have clearly gone all out for massive sellers. Elton sold out that place in minutes.

Yeah I think with trickiness around venue availability and reluctance from some acts to do stadium dates, a big gig in a field has been the preference. It’s a fab roster I hope continues. Even acts like the Eagles and Pearl Jam on top of it make the full bill very impressive. 

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Yeah, what a Wally, why he wouldn’t just do it beyond me, has more money than anyone would ever need. What a waste, same with Fleetwood Mac who probably will go without playing it. 

proper annoys me.

Reckon it’s more than money. He’s been there and available many years. 

One thing I did notice though is Emily is now following him on insta @kalifire. She wasn’t before. Maybe the dream is alive?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reckon it’s more than money. He’s been there and available many years. 

One thing I did notice though is Emily is now following him on insta @kalifire. She wasn’t before. Maybe the dream is alive?

Still an outside chance of him playing the Friday or - less likely - Saturday, in 2023. A Pyramid headline show being his last ever UK date would be pretty cool. Won’t be putting my house on it tho. This year was the time to get him, especially considering his increasingly frequent health issues. Those Bristol dates were just too convenient, I’m convinced they nearly had him sign up. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy