2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Lack of Taylor still stings, to be honest. But Billie will free me up to be elsewhere (Simz!). 

I’m torn on Macca. There will be Glastonbury Moments™ aplenty but I don’t spend much of my time listening to him and I don’t have any big past musical association with him or his band (I forget their name). I’ll happily see him pending any clashes. 

Kendrick is a must-see for me. I’ll be there 100%, loving every moment. 

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

hang your head in shame @Hugh Jass II

Come back in a few months when Kendrick releases a new record and then we can really shame him.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Lack of Taylor still stings, to be honest. But Billie will free me up to be elsewhere (Simz!). 

I’m torn on Macca. There will be Glastonbury Moments™ aplenty but I don’t spend much of my time listening to him and I don’t have any big past musical association with him or his band (I forget their name). I’ll happily see him pending any clashes. 

Wings. 

5 hours ago, aj6658 said:

Yeah agreed - think its a V weak headliners and I think that it being the grand return and still technically the anniversary the whole line up is missing something. 

It's not a grand return. It's like a Parklife or Wireless lineup with an edge of rock. Might be the first time in a long time that I've seriously questioned that should it be a muddy year, is it all worth it. 

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I just don't think there is anything under the headliners mind blowing that you can't see elsewhere. I mean MTS is playing prominent slots at 3 others festivals. 

For me there is so many options that made the original lineup better. Too much of we need to include and certain image here and politics.

Macca obviously I'd see. It's not the fact they aren't big sellers but unless you're the age of a Reading attendee you aren't overwhelmed with the other two.

5 hours ago, sisco said:

I’m just shocked Harry Styles and Dua Lipa aren’t there…. So very shocked @Matt42 😘

I think if Harry is on it they cant put it on the poster Right now or face the wrath of everyone who bought stadium tickets. If they pop him up there in May there is nothing anyone can do about it. And would you want to add that fanbase to the resale pot? 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dua is clearly keeping her powder dry for 2023. Can't think of a safer shoo in for lock of the week.

I’ve folded on Dua.

I’ve not folded on Harry / Flo.

Flo getting her own announcement in respect of her being a previous headliner would make sense to me.

23 hours ago, Mark0 said:

Was hoping on  Stereophonics, Radiohead, Fat boy slim , Chemical brothers , Doves

Well you’ll have a 20% success rate so not a total loss.

And there’s info Chems are DJing on Pangea so if that comes off you’re up to 40%!

23 hours ago, Mark0 said:

Was hoping on  Stereophonics, Radiohead, Fat boy slim , Chemical brothers , Doves

I think we'll be getting some other british fare on the next announcement. Its slightly lacking in that department. The Craig Davids, Stereophonics, Travis, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol kind of stuff isnt there and to some degree normally has a presence. So its kinda weird they didnt put it on this poster unless they didnt want to step on the toes of some of the other fests who have those booked and want to have them sell some more tickets before adding them on. I mean what are Editors, La Roux, Manics, Dizzee Rascal doing right now anyway.

Edited by Suprefan

27 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think we'll be getting some other british fare on the next announcement. Its slightly lacking in that department. The Craig Davids, Stereophonics, Travis, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol kind of stuff isnt there and to some degree normally has a presence. So its kinda weird they didnt put it on this poster unless they didnt want to step on the toes of some of the other fests who have those booked and want to have them sell some more tickets before adding them on. I mean what are Editors, La Roux, Manics, Dizzee Rascal doing right now anyway.

Dizzee’s laying low under threat of cancellation.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:39 AM, wozwebs said:

Weakest set of headliners in recent years for me not that I ever watch many. Foo's and The Cure only ones I've seen in full since 2014 when I started going again.

You not liking them doesn’t make them weak, just means you don’t like them. They are anything but weak, one of the biggest up and coming pop stars, a, if not the, most legendary singer/songwriters of all time, and one of the biggest hip hop acts on the planet by no measure can be considered weak.

I will only see one of them but by no means would I consider any of them weak.

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Hear hear. Rarely means much anyway.

2015's offering of the Foos, Kanye and The Who was, on paper, very strong — look how that panned out. One leg break, one topsy-turvy set that fell short, and one pointless booking that stank up the place.

2019 was, on paper, fairly weak — and it was possibly the most unanimous triple-slam dunk the fest pulled off since 2009. (Even then, Bruce had grumbles for being indulgent)

Got a 20-year-old, a Beatle and a Pulitzer winner: three generational icons from three very different lanes of music. It's class.

Was funny how riled up Kanye got people though.

Was in The Back of Beyond after his set and we got chatting to this dad and son who were there together. Person I was with asked dad if he saw Kanye. He starts frothing at the mouth going “Apparently he said he’s the greatest rock star on the planet! How can he say that?! The fucking Who are playing tomorrow!!”

Was mental. We just looked at each other and walked away.

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Was funny how riled up Kanye got people though.

Was in The Back of Beyond after his set and we got chatting to this dad and son who were there together. Person I was with asked dad if he saw Kanye. He starts frothing at the mouth going “Apparently he said he’s the greatest rock star on the planet! How can he say that?! The fucking Who are playing tomorrow!!”

Was mental. We just looked at each other and walked away.

Still regret not seeing Kanye.

Went to Suede instead, which was fine, but can’t help but feel I missed out.