2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Loads of festivals made announcements today. 🤷

Yeah, but maybe they want to be the one that stands out or something. There is almost never a good time in this current day to make the announcement. If they were worried about Ukraine they shouldve put it out tuesday after all of the news outlets were fawning over McCartney. If its literally because they are concerned theyll be seen as tone deaf, well then everyone else certainly didnt care the last 12 hours.

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Kenny showing more signs of activity

6C229EFA-1954-41F9-821F-967BF0093224.jpeg

I don't think there's been a festival poster with acts like Kendrick/Kanye headlining that I know SO little of the rest of the card. I have probably listened to about 4-5 acts. 

What is good though, is that this probably  means new music/album. 

42 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I don't think there's been a festival poster with acts like Kendrick/Kanye headlining that I know SO little of the rest of the card. I have probably listened to about 4-5 acts. 

Tbf, aside from the headliners, that festival has almost exactly the same lineup year in year out, and targets a very specific demographic that eats that shit up. There’s a couple of acts there I know/like, but for the most part… not for me!

1 hour ago, Col!n said:

Kanye and Kendrick headlining the same festival is huge, fair play.

Kendrick opened for Kanye on the Yeezus tour which was loads of fun. And Kanye has to show up anyway.

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Very genre specific festivals like the Rolling Louds show how much a lot of people that casually listen to music dont know is out there or even care for. Same goes for the EDM ones like Electric Daisy Carnival and Creamfields to an extent. Trust me you dont want to go to one of these anyway. Rolling Loud has very much been in the vein of how Travis Scott had been at his own concerts for years. They shoot from the hip and dont care for attendees and all that. In the wake of Astroworld they changed their age requirement  to 18 for one festival and said that they wanted everyone to "rage safely". After that it went right back to 16 and older. And this will be the festival where Travis Scott makes his return, you can guarantee it. 

Edited by Suprefan

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Perhaps it’s obligatory in the hip hop community to call yourself ‘lil’ if you’re a shortarse?

if you started rapping very young, chances are ppl would nickname you "lil" in your community. Lil wayne for example got signed to Cash Money when he was only 13. So that's the main reason. However some newer rappers probably called themselves "lil" just cause it seems like a rapper thing now.

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Speaking of, what if he ends up being an out of nowhere booking. They seemingly lost out on Doja Cat so why not get him instead. Puts on an entertaining show.

He's been there before with Miley. Not impossible I guess