2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

29 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Mr Roskilde said ages ago that Kenny wasn't available to them when they were booking their lineup. I think it's probably logical to assume Lamar was umming and arring over touring - Glasto held out, others did not. 

I'm curious to know when other festivals moved away from Kendrick given that we had Neil saying that it was him and Macca as far back as October.

I suppose the likes of Roskilde needed to make booking and announcements quickly to shift tickets, whereas Glastonbury didn't.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm curious to know when other festivals moved away from Kendrick given that we had Neil saying that it was him and Macca as far back as October.

I suppose the likes of Roskilde needed to make booking and announcements quickly to shift tickets, whereas Glastonbury didn't.

Did roskilde not announce yesterday at least a decent portion of the lineup? Probs only a week before glasto does 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

But that's the thing tho, Roskilde had also been sold out for a while now, so you would have thought they could afford to wait too

I think it’s pretty safe now to say that Kendrick probably intended to just do Glasto as a one off and wasn’t that interested in the rest of Europe.

He’s the Sunday headliner this year and at the moment looks like he has one one extra date a day or so before. Maybe he’s flying in. Doing Italy, Glasto, then flying out.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But that's the thing tho, Roskilde had also been sold out for a while now, so you would have thought they could afford to wait too

Maybe they got someone a bit cheaper then. Handy profit if it's already sold out and they're not risking damaging the brand in any way.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it’s pretty safe now to say that Kendrick probably intended to just do Glasto as a one off and wasn’t that interested in the rest of Europe.

He’s the Sunday headliner this year and at the moment looks like he has one one extra date a day or so before. Maybe he’s flying in. Doing Italy, Glasto, then flying out.

But it breaks all the rules! Glasto acts need 63748 tour dates with the weekend off to be done right!! 🙄

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But it breaks all the rules! Glasto acts need 63748 tour dates with the weekend off to be done right!! 🙄

• Spread the chips on a large non-stick baking tray and toss with the olive oil and celery salt. Lie them flat in a single layer – use two trays rather than overcrowd one. Roast for 45-50 mins, turning now and then. When cooked they should be golden brown and crisp with a light fluffy centre. Scatter on sea salt to serve.

•  

Just an idea for that chip on your shoulder 

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So obviously it's hard to just ignore such an important part of his career, but if Macca had never been a Beatle, do we reckon he still would have headlined at some point?

I mean, if he was never a Beatle, you got to think would of he had the opportunities he did that lead to him doing things with Wings and then his solo stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So obviously it's hard to just ignore such an important part of his career, but if Macca had never been a Beatle, do we reckon he still would have headlined at some point?

I'm not averse to a bit of alternate history, but that's such a massive "what if?" then you rapidly get into pure speculation.

If Paul hadn't been a Beatle, then would the Beatles even have been popular?

Would rock'n'roll have changed the world to the same extent?

Would Glastonbury even exist as a festival?

Without the Beatles, would Macca even have been a musician? Would he still be alive?

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

I'm not averse to a bit of alternate history, but that's such a massive "what if?" then you rapidly get into pure speculation.

Without the Beatles, would Macca even have been a musician? Would he still be alive?

Think that one was Eddie Vedder pal.

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Would any of us born after 1963 be alive if Paul did not join the Beatles? 

The butterfly effect should not be trifled with, Ashton Kutcher learned that the hard way