2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

No, he had a tiny b stage out by the barrier. Adele did similar. Like this has to be legit catwalk out into the crowd. 

I was towards the back of the front pit and he certainly walked out past me. Might not be as long a catwalk as Billie uses but it certainly went into the crowd. 7075B36B-A85F-4725-92A9-0AC87D4B671F.thumb.jpeg.13eb38025e697b133af0bded3082e8dc.jpeg

12 hours ago, wro_lap said:

You sure about that? Looks like confirmation to me

E20D83E4-3611-4E42-8693-EC7AC63CC494.jpeg

Don't give me hope.  I've only recently come to terms that I'll never see them live.

I can't go through the rollercoaster of emotions of 2013 when rumours of Daft Punk playing Arcadia started circulating when I was on the other side of the site.  Never been so relieved to find out I was missing chase and status.

20 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

He headlined the second stage at Rock Werchter the other year (opposite Arctic Monkeys) while he was headlining the full shebang everywhere else

He was co-headlining with AM though, with both getting 1,5 hours playtime. AM was very disappointing after Nick played the show of the weekend too.

Great day at Rock Werchter, with Nick Cave, Arctic Monkeys, Nine Inch Nails, David Byrne, Noel Gallagher, Fever Ray, Eels, Post Malone, IDLES playing on the same day. Unbeatable day. 

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

He was co-headlining with AM though, with both getting 1,5 hours playtime. AM was very disappointing after Nick played the show of the weekend too.

Doesn’t surprise me at all. Seen them both a few times and Nick Cave is miles ahead as a live show.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Doesn’t surprise me at all. Seen them both a few times and Nick Cave is miles ahead as a live show.

Yeah but the fun thing is even my Arctic loving mates were thinking that. That show Cave gave started pretty messy, but turned into him mesmerizing a field of 50K people. So much energy, that completely disappeared during the AM set. They should've had switched those 2 headliners.

It seems like Werchter realized that by giving Cave his own day at Werchter, during which he can do a 2,5h set. 

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah but the fun thing is even my Arctic loving mates were thinking that. That show Cave gave started pretty messy, but turned into him mesmerizing a field of 50K people. So much energy, that completely disappeared during the AM set. They should've had switched those 2 headliners.

It seems like Werchter realized that by giving Cave his own day at Werchter, during which he can do a 2,5h set. 

It really is incredible how well he does this. I saw him at the O2 Arena the Autumn before the Werchter set you’re talking about and he made it feel like some tiny, intimate venue.

14 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Great day at Rock Werchter, with Nick Cave, Arctic Monkeys, Nine Inch Nails, David Byrne, Noel Gallagher, Fever Ray, Eels, Post Malone, IDLES playing on the same day. Unbeatable day. 

Was a phenomenal festival. My first one. 

35 minutes ago, chemica said:

I know McCartney’s all wrapped up. But does anyone feel Kendrick not doing Roskilde might not be a good sign for his inclusion? He was lined up to do the last two editions. 

Considering that Paul is playing on Saturday 100% (and therefore blocking Harry Styles for example as an option or even Dua Lipa) and he has a date on Italy on Thursday is a lock... Kendrick is not going to come for a random date on Italy and back to US...

Edited by AlexOvd

Is there any good reason to think Kendrick is locked in outside of his appearance at a festival in Italy a few days before? Sure, it seems unlikely he’d come all that way and not do Glasto when it’s so close, but he’s not doing a bunch of other festivals as well. 

Edited by kalifire