2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

AS one of pop’s top names, Taylor Swift's headline performance at the cancelled Glastonbury 2020 was going to be a huge moment in music.

But I can reveal the Shake It Off singer will not play this year’s event, despite much of the old line-up rolling over

Many had assumed Taylor would return, following an incredible two years in which she has scored four No1 album

Glastonbury has twice been cancelled due to Covid but Taylor has now said she will give this year’s event a miss as she focuses on re-recording her back catalogue.

A music insider said: “Taylor politely declined when she was approached because the timing just isn’t right at the moment.

“Of course she would absolutely love to headline at some point. It is still on her bucket list but performing isn’t her priority right now.

“She has old albums which she is still working on re- recording and getting those finished is her priority.”

Billie Eilish has already been confirmed to headline on the Friday night, while Kendrick will close the festival on the Sunday. The identity of the Saturday night headliner is still being kept under wraps.

Diana Ross has been confirmed for the Sunday afternoon Legends slot, while Little Simz is the only other act to have been announced by organisers.

Noel Gallagher, Haim and Crowded House are also expected on the line-up.

Earlier this week, American rock band Nine Inch Nails announced two shows in Cornwall for the week before the festival, prompting many to believe they will make their big return to Glasto, having performed there in 2000.

Organiser Emily Eavis has said she will be announcing the line-up next month. As my favourite weekend of the year, I have every faith it will be an absolute belter — even though Taylor will be sorely missed

Cheers.

So basically they know no more than anyone else.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well what more is there to know? They know exactly what we know which is who is headlining and who isn’t 

But their clickbait headline is putting it like Taylor has suddenly PULLED OUT and left them *checks notes* stunned. 

Screenshot_20220216-222513_Twitter.thumb.jpg.6cfcea0d4459c93a7f598e92faaa17c6.jpg

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Are we concerned that they don’t seem to know the Saturday headliner…

Not really.

They know Billie is playing because it’s been announced.

They have Kendrick down because like us they’ve seen that Milan gig and worked it out.

They might not have the info on Macca, as a Scouser he may not want anyone close to him talking to the Sun.  Alternatively they know but aren’t allowed to say.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Can we switch to 2017?

There was a really weird moment in 2017 where I was walking down from the park towards pyramid / other stage way (that downhill path if you know the one nearish stone circle) and I had a moment where I was pretty taken back at how many people were on site.

It really felt like 200k odd people were on site that day. Huge huge huge numbers of people.

2017 felt very busy in places.  A friend had a couple of panic attacks due to being in tightly packed crowds on the walkways and the railway line…  there was no way to stop, the crowd was forcing us on. 

The programming required to keep everyone spread evenly over the farm is immense isn’t it! 

Both 2017 and 2019 were hot years, as I recall. Particularly on the Wednesday, but in 2019 I actually missed quite a few acts I'd have otherwise seen, just to be in the shade, and didn't drink any alcohol during the day all weekend. Any stages in tents were packed. I spent a disproportionate amount of time at the cabaret tent.

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Both 2017 and 2019 were hot years, as I recall. Particularly on the Wednesday, but in 2019 I actually missed quite a few acts I'd have otherwise seen, just to be in the shade, and didn't drink any alcohol during the day all weekend. Any stages in tents were packed. I spent a disproportionate amount of time at the cabaret tent.

Yeah they were. My girlfriend has been twice, those two years and both times blazing sun. On the Friday in 2019 we fell asleep in thr hammocks in the Theatre + Circus Fields for 4 hours because it was cool and shady.

2016 we had tickets but cancelled due to finances... If she is any sort of omen, I'm sad to tell everyone we may well have to cancel our tickets this year.

3 hours ago, K2SO said:

Yeah they were. My girlfriend has been twice, those two years and both times blazing sun. On the Friday in 2019 we fell asleep in thr hammocks in the Theatre + Circus Fields for 4 hours because it was cool and shady.

2016 we had tickets but cancelled due to finances... If she is any sort of omen, I'm sad to tell everyone we may well have to cancel our tickets this year.

She’s coming this year right?! 

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not really.

They know Billie is playing because it’s been announced.

They have Kendrick down because like us they’ve seen that Milan gig and worked it out.

They might not have the info on Macca, as a Scouser he may not want anyone close to him talking to the Sun.  Alternatively they know but aren’t allowed to say.

Mehh they might actually know it’s Kendrick on the Sunday for other reasons. I don’t doubt they will know people that they have sources we don’t. 

Leaning towards The Sun have just clearly put 2+2 together and have also been reading this forum. I also suspect that quote from a “music insider” is either totally made up, or the person who gave the quote is just making an educated guess like anyone else.

All in all, I wouldn’t read anything whatsoever in to no mention of McCartney. 

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Leaning towards The Sun have just clearly put 2+2 together and have also been reading this forum. I also suspect that quote from a “music insider” is either totally made up, or the person who gave the quote is just making an educated guess like anyone else.

All in all, I wouldn’t read anything whatsoever in to no mention of McCartney. 

If they have been reading this forum and have labelled me as a music insider that has quite literally made my day 😂

Edit: just realised it can’t be me as they would have labelled me “festival forum oddball”

Edited by JoeyT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

Extremely hopeful and probably not even worth mentioning- but Anderson Paak was on the 2020 poster, right? Chances on bringing Bruno along to make an appearance for a few Silk Sonic tracks? 

Really hoping for Silk Sonic too. They’re doing a Vegas residency which ends on 29th May but no dates confirmed beyond that. 🤞 

• Like 1