2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

I love Kendrick but none of my group will even know who he is and will hate him, so I just know that will end in tears for me. On the flip side I’ve no interest in Billie, just not my thing and we saw her in 2019 anyway, but I just know my group will insist on seeing her. These are great headliners, but they’re probably amongst the worst since I’ve been going in terms of polarising my group and not really having many or indeed any to unite us one way or another.

Long story short I need new friends.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I love Kendrick but none of my group will even know who he is and will hate him, so I just know that will end in tears for me. On the flip side I’ve no interest in Billie, just not my thing and we saw her in 2019 anyway, but I just know my group will insist on seeing her. These are great headliners, but they’re probably amongst the worst since I’ve been going in terms of polarising my group and not really having many or indeed any to unite us one way or another.

Don't waste your time at Glastonbury watching a headliner you don't like. 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Don’t it many a time unfortunately, the absolute worst being Ed Sheeran instead of Justice. One of my life’s biggest regrets.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a fantastic time watching Justice, so at least one of us was happy that night. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Done it many a time unfortunately, the absolute worst being Ed Sheeran instead of Justice. One of my life’s biggest regrets.

Ditto.

I realised I’d made the mistake at around 120 seconds into the set, when he was still looping all the necessary parts to the song before he could actually start.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I can understand people don't like Kendrick but not knowing who he is? 😬

Good to hear Macca and Kendrick tipped to be back on the bill.

will definitely be at Kendrick and know Macca will be an event but could see me going solo to another stage if another band appeals. Final decision will be on who is playing on the Pyramid before him. NG does not appeal and trying to get a spot in the field probably means watching that.

For those who saw the Stones- was it rammed all day or could you arrive just for them?

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Tbh I'm surprised none appeal at all to you. They seem to have gotten a pretty diverse mix: a big pop act, a bit hip hop act, and a big rock act.

Who would you want to see headline? Being realistic of course

I'm with Squirrel there. Saw Billie in 19 and I've tried her albums, but just doesn't do it for me. Can't imagine that being my Friday night.

Macca is a rock and roll legend, but as much as I've always enjoyed the Beatles I don't find myself with any great desire to watch him. He's probably the most likely of the three for me personally.

I know nothing of Kendrick's output because hip hop as a genre just doesn't excite me in the least. Sure there's the odd act or song that I like, but that's about it. I've given his albums a spin because he's raved about and felt he deserved the chance, but I honestly couldn't hum you one of his tunes.

So I recognise the quality of all three and I'm happy for whoever's happy to see them, but not for me.

As far as what I'd like to see, I think that if i was to start listing acts out that I wanted to see then we'd realise that they'd all be lower down or headlining smaller stages. I'm sure El Pointo could still throw me a curveball that I'd love to see headline, but it gets harder and harder for me to name one.

Edited by Quark
Edited Kendrick point for a bit of clarity

1 minute ago, Harry49 said:

will definitely be at Kendrick and know Macca will be an event but could see me going solo to another stage if another band appeals. Final decision will be on who is playing on the Pyramid before him. NG does not appeal and trying to get a spot in the field probably means watching that.

For those who saw the Stones- was it rammed all day or could you arrive just for them?

You could get a good spot during Primal Scream. Definitely not an all day thing.

11 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

I got there just before Costello (I was solo) and got about 4 rows back dead centre.

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm with Squirrel there. Saw Billie in 19 and I've tried her albums, but just doesn't do it for me. Can't imagine that being my Friday night.

Macca is a rock and roll legend, but as much as I've always enjoyed the Beatles I don't find myself with any great desire to watch him. He's probably the most likely of the three for me personally.

I know nothing of Kendrick's output because hip hop as a genre just doesn't excite me in the least. Sure there's the odd act or song that I like, but that's about it. I honestly couldn't hum you one of his tunes.

So I recognise the quality of all three and I'm happy for whoever's happy to see them, but not for me.

As far as what I'd like to see, I think that if i was to start listing acts out that I wanted to see then we'd realise that they'd all be lower down or headlining smaller stages. I'm sure El Pointo could still throw me a curveball that I'd love to see headline, but it gets harder and harder for me to name one.

I urge you to listen to the Good Kid Mad City album in one sitting this week and you will change mind. I HATED hip hop and wouldn't give it time of day until Kenny was rumoured a few years back. I listened to him because of that and now own all albums on vinyl and regularly have him on my commute. Even if you don't like rap as such just listen to the music. It is beautifully orchestrated and exciting, not your usual hip hop.

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

I urge you to listen to the Good Kid Mad City album in one sitting this week and you will change mind. I HATED hip hop and wouldn't give it time of day until Kenny was rumoured a few years back. I listened to him because of that and now own all albums on vinyl and regularly have him on my commute. Even if you don't like rap as such just listen to the music. It is beautifully orchestrated and exciting, not your usual hip hop.

Been there done that pal. Just not for me.

45 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Done it many a time unfortunately, the absolute worst being Ed Sheeran instead of Justice. One of my life’s biggest regrets.

Yeah this is something I've made a pact on not doing, never have done it, my group has pretty diverse music taste so we try and see 1 headliner together, but we're a small group. If it doesn't work, I'll go elsewhere, the group of 6 went to see Sheeran, I went to see Justice. I'll be doing Billie/Macca and maybe Kendrick depending on who else is on. 

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just go see who you want to see. Their loss if they dont join you with whoever you wanna go see and ends up being really good.

Nothings real til its on the poster!

Edited by Suprefan

39 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I can understand people don't like Kendrick but not knowing who he is? 😬

The reaction to the Super Bowl performance from most people I talked to was "It was good, but I didn't know who 1 of them was" (Kendrick)

They are all 30+, not that into hip hop, but the other tunes were massive when they were 16-20 ish. 

2 in my group for Glastonbury have asked who he is when I mentioned him yesterday.

He's obviously massive, but I think to people over 30 he doesnt seem to be unless you are well into hip hop. I presume that changes with the younger crowd.

I'll be at Kendrick though, it could go off.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The reaction to the Super Bowl performance from most people I talked to was "It was good, but I didn't know who 1 of them was" (Kendrick)

They are all 30+, not that into hip hop, but the other tunes were massive when they were 16-20 ish. 

2 in my group for Glastonbury have asked who he is when I mentioned him yesterday.

He's obviously massive, but I think to people over 30 he doesnt seem to be unless you are well into hip hop. I presume that changes with the younger crowd.

I'll be at Kendrick though, it could go off.

I'd also put a bet on outside of the Bad Guy meme and up until the Bond song, a good bunch in your group wouldn't have heard much from Billie. 

We're a very niche forum, that listens to a lot of 'critically acclaimed/pitchfork music' that the regular goer does not. It, as a critically/interesting/trio for me is very very cool, but I imagine for a large majority of people this will be one of the more diverse 3. 

Edited by chazwwe

How early would you need to get there for Macca if you want to be in the front pit section? Managed to get in for Killers and Cure by turning up 15 mins before the changeover and going down the side of the pyramid field. But if it's Noel into Macca I'm not sure it will be as successful.

Just now, chazwwe said:

I'd also put a bet on outside of the Bad Guy meme and up until the Bond song, a good bunch in your group wouldn't have heard much from Billie. 

Yeah. I think most couldn't name a tune other than "bad guy". I could only nane 2 others. We all think it's a great booking for the fest though.

I'd like Bad Guy if she just said "duh" & the tune kicked in. Her voice seriously grates on my to be honest & Ive tried, but, I just find her really boring.

9 minutes ago, Miyn said:

How early would you need to get there for Macca if you want to be in the front pit section? Managed to get in for Killers and Cure by turning up 15 mins before the changeover and going down the side of the pyramid field. But if it's Noel into Macca I'm not sure it will be as successful.

Probably by the end of Noel you can start moving and let it end then go with the flow. There will def be some people who leave to see something else and wont want to stay for Macca. 

14 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Tbh not too early at all. If you get there mid/end of Noel and then start worming your way in when the crowd shifts as he finishes you should be good (granted, there probably won’t be too much crowd shift, but it’s doable). It’s never as jam packed there as you’d think, especially towards the back/up against the dividing fence. 

edit: yeah what they said ^^^

Edited by FloorFiller