2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

not sure if this has been posted

Alluded to by me about 12 hours ago ragarding a u.s. domestic thing.

Its a resale site so theres access to show info

Since the cats even more out of the bag the tour is slated to announce Friday.

Edited by Suprefan

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Alluded to by me about 12 hours ago ragarding a u.s. domestic thing.

Its a resale site so theres access to show info

Since the cats even more out of the bag the tour is slated to announce Friday.

That could mean we could get a Glastonbury announcement any day 😬 Wasn’t he announced for Glastonbury before the full tour announcement last time? I swear it was the first news of him touring.

Just now, jparx said:

That could mean we could get a Glastonbury announcement any day 😬 Wasn’t he announced for Glastonbury before the full tour announcement last time? I swear it was the first news of him touring.

But I dont know if there are Europe dates attached to whats in the u.s regarding announcement. And I mean what if takes him out of the running, then whats the consensus feeling going to be. Damn him for playing in the u.s. but too concerned over glasto?

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But I dont know if there are Europe dates attached to whats in the u.s regarding announcement. And I mean what if takes him out of the running, then whats the consensus feeling going to be. Damn him for playing in the u.s. but too concerned over glasto?

Unless he’s touring the states for over a month I can’t see that happening. 

If he has any covid concerns re: touring, touring the UK is as safe, if not more so, than the US right now. We’ve had a fair few rumours now putting Macca at the festival, it’s hard to imagine he’s active and touring but NOT doing it after all this. We also had word he was playing Brazil, so it’s likely not just a North America tour.

I suppose the question mark would be this Werchter thing on the 26th. You would think that would probably be him. Would he do two nights on the trot? I think he did back to back nights in the same venue a couple of times a few years back. 

Unless that gig is the Stones… 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Chemical Brothers is the best news yet when it comes to headliners. Nothing we already didn’t know though. The only question is if it’s the Other or Pangea

I'm looking at it as a Chemical Brothers smokescreen, with Beatles lyrics - but I've just got the blinkers on at this point.

40 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Chemical Brothers is the best news yet when it comes to headliners. Nothing we already didn’t know though. The only question is if it’s the Other or Pangea

we've had word from two different people its pangea

12 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

3 headliners I won’t be watching. No problem though there’s always plenty to do. I was hoping that there might be one headliner that may have got my interest. 

Tbh I'm surprised none appeal at all to you. They seem to have gotten a pretty diverse mix: a big pop act, a bit hip hop act, and a big rock act.

Who would you want to see headline? Being realistic of course

Edited by Gilgamesh69

The headliner pool is pretty uninspiring this year tbh so they’ve done a good job. Primavera is obviously full to the brim but none of them are really Glastonbury headliners. Mad Cool got some big names but they’re boring.

Only one I think I’d take from elsewhere is Pearl Jam but I feel like that’s never gonna happen. 

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Tbh I'm surprised none appeal at all to you. They seem to have gotten a pretty diverse mix: a big pop act, a bit hip hop act, and a big rock act.

Who would you want to see headline? Being realistic of course

Yeah, it's a very good mix.

As a whole group we'll be at McCartney. Which is good. Normally we split between us all.

I'll be on my own at Kendrick, unless something I "must" see is on somewhere else, but I'm 99% there.

Friday - I have no interest in Billie Eilsh. Great booking, but not for me clive. No interest in Foals either, so hoping someone like Bicep are on live. Maybe Primal Scream. Friday is my favourite night of the festival normally. 

For me, I'll be at Billie and Macca. Kendrick doesn't interest me.

I have listened to Billie's new record a lot recently and I love it. I'm hoping that they keep their Sunday JP headliner and we get Charli XCX on against Kendrick... If not, maybe we could get Kasabian on the JP?