2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Kenny’s Milano concert on the Thursday must be why he couldn’t do the Friday at Glastonbury. I was down to my very last hope for Kendrick so this is wonderful news and one hell of a booking for Glastonbury if he is indeed booked. I’m guessing it was because they were able to hold out while other festivals couldn’t. 

I agree with whoever said Simz could join him for a song on the Saturday. That would be massive for her and fantastic to watch.

Billie could only do the Friday though so that might be why he’s Sunday, rather than a lack of availability on Friday?

3 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

That dude gives us loads of correct info though.

Yup. Ends with MJ is usually spot on.

Going to throw a bone here but @endswithMJ you know you said you heard Dua was in line for 2021… was that for Glasto proper or for equinox?

I only say this now as I was speaking to someone this weekend at an event who said that Foo Fighters and Dua were lined up for the September Glasto. But they may just be reading stuff on here.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Going to throw a bone here but @endswithMJ you know you said you heard Dua was in line for 2021… was that for Glasto proper or for equinox?

I only say this now as I was speaking to someone this weekend at an event who said that Foo Fighters and Dua were lined up for the September Glasto. But they may just be reading stuff on here.

Emily confirmed that about Foos on the radio the other week didn’t she?

Edit: Lol missed that you said Dua as well.

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s still a strange situation with Kendrick though. You’d think he’d do a slew of festivals on the back of new music. To do one or two festivals perhaps implies the new album may come later in the year? 

As the lord @Ken19 said. This man does whatever he wants when he feels like it.

He told us in Family ties exactly what the deal is.

”I thought you'd known better
I been ducking the pandemic, I been ducking the social gimmicks
I been ducking the overnight activists, yeah
I'm not a trending topic

New flows coming, be patient, brother

Motherfuck that album, fuck that single
Burn that hard drive (burn that shit)
Ain't nobody safe when I come up killing everybody that's outside (who you with?)”

Should have probably included a line in there about ducking the eurofestivals too.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s still a strange situation with Kendrick though. You’d think he’d do a slew of festivals on the back of new music. To do one or two festivals perhaps implies the new album may come later in the year? 

Yeah I’m not really expecting there to be an album out before he does Glasto. Maybe a single or two, like Stormzy had, because apparently this Milan festival said he’ll be playing new music.

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

In that case, please inject this into my veins:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2021/las-vegas-festival-grounds-las-vegas-nv-538ad389.html

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Fuck me have they bagged Harry as the billie sub. Nuts.

The article that said he was rumoured said he’s rumoured to headline. So I don’t think there’s anything except a tour date gap to suggest Harry Styles will be there as a sub.

Not that I can think of many alternatives for the sub slots.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

the stage option w\as all about where there was a space that needed filling, glasto were hoping to have prince for Saturday pyramid, then they didn't have him, so moved Metallica to pyramid.

Thinking about it, that could have been an all-time kick in the teeth clash. Choosing between Metallica and Prince!?

10 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

The article that said he was rumoured said he’s rumoured to headline. So I don’t think there’s anything except a tour date gap to suggest Harry Styles will be there as a sub.

Not that I can think of many alternatives for the sub slots.

Thought they’d since removed reference to “headlining”?

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m pretty sure what I was told was Glasto proper but I heard this late 2020. With the festival cancelling in Jan there may well have been discussions to move Dua to the September but I can’t confirm unfortunately.