2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

We know Kendrick sometimes doesn’t commit to touring too early on so in a year where most festivals have announced early and are presumably very keen to sell tickets to make up for the last couple of years, it’s easy to see why other festivals might move on if Kendrick wasn’t ready to commit to a full tour.

Not really the case this time around, I don't reckon. He still had most of the festivals he was previously announced for with headliner spots still to announce last month. Those have now all been eaten up I think.

So we are holding onto just that idea that he could play UK only or Glasto only, but Frauenfeld saying he's 'not touring at this time' has poured cold water over that for me. I feel like they'd say 'he has different plans this year' or 'he is only playing one festival' like the Roskilde dude when asked about Billie Eilish, or just anything that wouldn't come back on them as a failure or lack of transparency.

Him not being down for playing any US festivals or shows says something too. Because there's nothing stopping him from doing those shows, he can travel all around the USA pretty freely. Leads me to think he's just not ready with his music so that's why he isn't doing anything.

@dentalplan I have to say my head agrees with you, despite my heart hoping Glasto have scored a home run.

The biggest sign for me is the fact that he’s not partaking in barely any of this SuperBowl promo. He’s letting Dre, Em, Snoop, and even Mary do the press and get the limelight.

In short, I agree that this all lines up for him not to be there. He doesn’t look ready to promote anything and I doubt even a new single is coming. As I said before I reckon he lined up the Super Bowl probably back when he was planning to tour - but it was probably a premature decision on his behalf.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@dentalplan I have to say my head agrees with you, despite my heart hoping Glasto have scored a home run.

The biggest sign for me is the fact that he’s not partaking in barely any of this SuperBowl promo. He’s letting Dre, Em, Snoop, and even Mary do the press and get the limelight.

In short, I agree that this all lines up for him not to be there. He doesn’t look ready to promote anything and I doubt even a new single is coming. As I said before I reckon he lined up the Super Bowl probably back when he was planning to tour - but it was probably a premature decision on his behalf.

Tbf he's a private dude. I'd rank the Tupac hologram as more likely to sit down at a press conference before the show.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I dunno if I’d read much in to that really. He’s probably the smallest “celebrity” of the bunch and he’s just a guest performer, Dre seems to be focus. It’ll be more if there’s silence after the super bowl that I’d be concerned by I think.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I will. But I’m looking forward to the game too.

Backed the Rams to win the SB at long odds a few months back so have a double interest.

This is the first season where I've really watched American football and I randomly picked the Bengals as my team so I'm emotionally invested.

Plus I dislike any team that has moved city 

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Although annoyingly it’s still 4 hours till kick off and I’ve already managed to eat the large bag of mini eggs I’d bought to enjoy during the game.

I have a massive stack of hot dogs and fizzy worms (separate consumption, not together) and am just about to try and nap ahead of time so I can stay up for the whole thing - I normally start quavering around half time and fall asleep on the sofa if it’s all looking a bit game over-y . . . rooting for the Bengals, just cos a team winning their first one is always going to be a decent spectacle. Plus their colours aren’t too dissimilar to Da Bears, my team of choice for the last few decades . . . 

8 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

This is the first season where I've really watched American football and I randomly picked the Bengals as my team so I'm emotionally invested.

Plus I dislike any team that has moved city 

I picked the Colts when I first got in to the NFL as they seemed like the antidote to the Pats at the time, who kind of reminded me of the Man Utd of NFL. They’ve been absolute shyte ever since.

I'm going to try and stay up for it, but had no annual leave left to take so have to be at work bright and early.

I was designated a Patriots fan by my best friend/roommate when I moved to the University of Rhode Island. The season I was there was a Giants/Pats super bowl (XLVI), and that was super fun in the weeks leading up to it as the majority of students were fans of one or the other and the whole campus was obsessed in the build-up.. less fun after the game. 

All this talk of Kendrick and the Superbowl, but what if it's actually Dr Dre instead? I remember reading some rumours a few years ago that he was planning to get back into doing live performances.

In 2018 he even made a guest appearance at a (free) Anderson Paak gig in London. That combined with the fact he's got shitloads of money suggests that maybe he'd be willing to take the low Glasto pay, and that he's possibly got some interest in the UK.

For someone who has accomplished so much already, perhaps headlining an iconic festival is his next goal. Plus a career-spanning epic set shown on TV could help to sell tickets for a future tour

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

All this talk of Kendrick and the Superbowl, but what if it's actually Dr Dre instead? I remember reading some rumours a few years ago that he was planning to get back into doing live performances.

In 2018 he even made a guest appearance at a (free) Anderson Paak gig in London. That combined with the fact he's got shitloads of money suggests that maybe he'd be willing to take the low Glasto pay, and that he's possibly got some interest in the UK.

For someone who has accomplished so much already, perhaps headlining an iconic festival is his next goal. Plus a career-spanning epic set shown on TV could help to sell tickets for a future tour

That would be amazing. With snoop dog, Eminem, kendrick and 50 cents as guests. 

36 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

A name I’ve never seen mentioned for Glastonbury, but if they want to continue the trend of booking hip hop legends I think it would be a great booking.

Is it too optimistic to suggest he would smash a legends slot booking? Or would be only headline? Prior to the Diana, Kylie, Bazza triple whammy we have had some pretty diverse options for the legend slot (as in not always legacy pop). I think it would be a smashing slot if they could secure it. The Sunday locals demographic will change with time, and when millennials hit 30s/early 40s I think it would be a great set.

I would demand that he bring snoop and some guests with him though. Dr Dre and Friends, 4pm Sunday pyramid. After a bit of a heavy weekend that would sort me right now. Think of the whole pyramid field waving their hands back and forth to California Love in the sunshine!