2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Oh yeah?? Where’s this info? Sounds very promising.

https://forum.festileaks.com/forums/rock-werchter-forum.5/

A mix of posts across these forums.

Second TW Classic date (no confirmed date) in advanced discussions with their headliner.

Werchter Boutique June 18th tba

Other names thrown around include the Weeknd but I am slightly doubtful of that. I think the Weeknd may be joining the crew of pulling their tour before it’s announced as he’s leaving it a bit late for stadium dates in the UK.

I reckon Macca is the 18th date and the Stones are the TW Classic date. Just a hunch.

13 minutes ago, waltere said:

Worth pointing out that, according to a mate who was there, that BBK set had an incredibly sparse crowd

Imagine so. A strange act to put against Ed Sheeran.

Doja would pack it. Probably the best alternative to put against Macca if you are looking for crowd split. Also if they would like one female headliner on the other stage she would be a good option.

J Cole… don’t know. I imagine a modest crowd. Partially due to demographic reasons.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Seems like Pet Shop boys and Harry Styles on at the same time would be a mistake. 

The older crowd that like pop music would be torn between which act to see

The rolling stones against pet shop boys makes much more sense, let's get them instead 

I’d argue there was more crossover in terms of audience between the Stones and PSB than Styles and PSB.

6 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Seems like Pet Shop boys and Harry Styles on at the same time would be a mistake. 

The older crowd that like pop music would be torn between which act to see

The rolling stones against pet shop boys makes much more sense, let's get them instead 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d argue there was more crossover in terms of audience between the Stones and PSB than Styles and PSB.

Does the same apply to Adele and New Order?

Sometimes there is a bit of crossover. In some weird way I’d say Ed Sheeran and BBK probably has some crossover too. 

Harry v Dua I can’t see as I think it would actually damage Harry’s crowd. Harry v PSB wouldn’t have the same effect.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can believe that, was at Emeli Sande just before and the crowd must have been in the hundreds, tops.

We cut across the Other Stage to head to Justice (I think) when she was on and there were tumbleweeds rolling around the place. 

Felt pretty bad for her, even more so when I saw her supporting Chic the following year and she was actually pretty decent.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can believe that, was at Emeli Sande just before and the crowd must have been in the hundreds, tops.

She had a very big album which had a few radio singles but she never really built a fanbase. That’s why anything she tried to do after that album flopped big time. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Does the same apply to Adele and New Order?

Sometimes there is a bit of crossover. In some weird way I’d say Ed Sheeran and BBK probably has some crossover too. 

Harry v Dua I can’t see as I think it would actually damage Harry’s crowd. Harry v PSB wouldn’t have the same effect.

There will always be some cross over with any two acts playing at the same time. 

I've crunched the numbers and the Adele/new order cross over would be much smaller than Styles/pet shop boys

Am I right in thinking that other than the online articles, which later toned things down from headlining to is rumoured to play, that the only info on Harry Styles playing was the person who also said Paul McCartney wasn’t playing? Obviously it could be both of them headlining but if Kendrick is out then I’m not expecting Harry Styles to be the replacement. 

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Am I right in thinking that other than the online articles, which later toned things down from headlining to is rumoured to play, that the only info on Harry Styles playing was the person who also said Paul McCartney wasn’t playing? Obviously it could be both of them headlining but if Kendrick is out then I’m not expecting Harry Styles to be the replacement. 

No connection at all. There was a user here who said Harry was in no Macca but I don’t think it’s the same source.

The user on here came after the articles in the media.

My view is that while these papers are pure cancer they have people pretty well positioned in the music biz. They also don’t care about leaking genuine info. If someone gave them a tip off Harry is playing they probably checked it with a few of their contacts before issuing the article.

28 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The person in question only ever said they'd heard Macca was out. They mentioned Styles as a replacement but said that was only a guess, no source behind that reasoning. 

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

If Macca is out, the Stones would be great. If they're playing TW Classic they could definitely be in with a shot if Macca can't do it, would be the ideal like for like really.

I’d say if the stones are doing TW Classic they are out. It’s rumoured to be June 26th (Glasto Sunday).

I’m leaning more towards Kendrick and Macca again now. I was definitely starting to question if they’d pulled out, but I think in the next week or so we’ll have some positive news on both fronts. Some Kendrick album/tour news after the Super Bowl and some Macca dates before end of the month 🤞

Why has Jack White not been mentioned as an Other stage header.  Dates fit perfectly and last time he was at Glastonbury he played the pyramid stage so it mixes that up too.  Would also work well against a Kendrick Lamar or Harry Styles/Dua Lipa etc…

Edited by sisco

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Was had Jack White not been mentioned as an Other stage header.  Dates fit perfectly and last time he was at Glastonbury he played the pyramid stage so it mixes that up too.  Would also work well against a Kendrick Lamar or Harry Styles/Dua Lipa etc…

I think just because his stock seems to have fallen a bit maybe? Dental had him subbing the Pyramid which, for me at least, seems a bit high. Hard to gauge where he’s at right now I think. Wouldn’t shock me if he headlined the Other/subbed the Pyramid but I don’t expect it personally

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Why has Jack White not been mentioned as an Other stage header.  Dates fit perfectly and last time he was at Glastonbury he played the pyramid stage so it mixes that up too.  Would also work well against a Kendrick Lamar or Harry Styles/Dua Lipa etc…

I reckon he will return as a pyramid sub. He still headlines festivals in Europe I think it’s the right place for him.

I think he’s a good shout for that Vampire Weekend, Black Keys, Biffy Clyro, Beck sort of slot they’ve had on a Sunday. 

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

My view is that while these papers are pure cancer they have people pretty well positioned in the music biz. They also don’t care about leaking genuine info. If someone gave them a tip off Harry is playing they probably checked it with a few of their contacts before issuing the article.

Did you read the articles though? They just noted that the tour dates accommodate a slot. Then the Mail said they reached out to a source which said he isn’t playing. There was no “we can exclusively reveal…” or “Harry has agreed to play” or anything. Just speculation, no better than our own.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Did you read the articles though? They just noted that the tour dates accommodate a slot. Then the Mail said they reached out to a source which said he isn’t playing. There was no “we can exclusively reveal…” or “Harry has agreed to play” or anything. Just speculation, no better than our own.

Articles of this kind are always worded strange though. 

I interpret as a journalists way of saying they’ve had a tip off, and instead of directly saying “hey we heard this and we are leaking this” they write it in a jumbled way. Perhaps it’s a legal point.

As below they got a genuine tip off (wherever it was) but they always gear it as if it’s still up for grabs. Plus, quite often these acts will be in the frame before all documents are signed. So saying that someone is “in talks” isn’t actually an incorrect statement. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7723163/amp/Glastonbury-2020-Taylor-Swift-Kendrick-Lamar-rumoured-headline.html

Edited by Matt42