2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

That Kendrick report seemed like bollocks to be honest.

Would be genuinely surprised if he had no anouncement, single, album, tour etc after the Super Bowl, let alone on the run up to Glastonbury. For all we know he could be releasing an album at the start of June with Glastonbury being the start of the tour. 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I may be over-analysing here (but hey, what is eFests for?) but watch the Super Bowl trailer again. You've got Snoop, MJB, Eminem doing their usual hop hop stuff but when it cuts to Kendrick he's sat at a desk writing.... An indication that he's been working on something that's ready to go?

And if you freeze frame at exactly the right moment you can see that he’s writing ‘no dabbing down from me cya at glasto lol’ so I think we have a lock. 

• Upvote 8

19 hours ago, circus92 said:

yeah I completely get that Florence is way bigger, but my point still stands - they would be really scraping the barrel if Florence was to headline this year, and in that situation surely better to take the opportunity to give someone a bump up.

I'd agree. Just going by the chart positions of Florence I'd say she's someone on the way down and not particularly relevant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_and_the_Machine_discography

Whereas Wolf Alice seem to be on an upwards trajectory. I get that Florence at her biggest had more fans than WA have now, but not sure she's bigger/more relevant at the moment.

And presumably a fair few people that go to Glastonbury bought Live at Worthy Farm so if they didn't already know who Wolf Alice was they would now

19 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I'd agree. Just going by the chart positions of Florence I'd say she's someone on the way down and not particularly relevant:

Whereas Wolf Alice seem to be on an upwards trajectory. I get that Florence at her biggest had more fans than WA have now, but not sure she's bigger/more relevant at the moment.

And presumably a fair few people that go to Glastonbury bought Live at Worthy Farm so if they didn't already know who Wolf Alice was they would now

Yessir. Two #2 albums, a mercury prize, latest album at #1. No big arena tour but selling out multiple dates at mid size venues in short order suggests that they could.

Maybe they haven’t had a smash hit in the singles chart yet but who on earth is buying singles in the year of our lord 2022? Music has moved on.

+then the bar has to be lower for the kind of act that your typical glasto goer would be into. For instance BTS are a huge band globally but how many fans do they have amongst the glasto faithful? I’d say the venn diagram overlap isn’t so large.

WA are big enough. Its not up for debate!

18A8BB7D-8F09-47AE-AF8C-C565D24BCB5B.jpeg

i like how somehow this has turned into a florence and the machine vs wolf alice situation, even though florence hasn't even shown up in any credible rumours of headlining 2022 (tho she did for 2021). why is it always women vs women for yall

anyways, florence is due to release new music before the end of february if rumours are to be believed. 

23 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

That’s some very ‘finger in the air’ type reckoning going on, as with most convos about relevance.

Her chart sales actually suggest more people rushed out to buy her last album in its first week than Wolf Alice’s latest (or Billie Eilish for that matter) despite being kept off number 1.

People do know Wolf Alice, but at the moment they know them as a band who play loads of festivals in mid-card slots. People know Florence and the Machine as a headliner now because they’re around Europe headlining a bunch of festivals. That isn’t up for debate, the tour dates are available to see.

I wouldn’t mind but on album #3, people on here were arguing F+TM weren’t big enough to headline (they were right I guess, as they were down to sub) and now one album later they are so far past ‘relevant’ that the festival would rather pick a R+L sub to headline?

Florence and the Machine just need another single and then ‘relevance’ is restored. Talking without one is useless because there’s nothing much there to talk about.

• Upvote 2

my two cents are that headline acts need to at least be playing arenas in the UK, florence was doing so for a whole album cycle before they headlined and also headlined like 8 other festivals around the world that same summer (and then around that many the next summer) they headlined glastonbury. Harry Styles is playing stadiums, Kendrick has played arenas in the UK, Billie has a massive arena tour, Macca has been playing stadiums in the UK for decades etc. I love Wolf Alice to pieces but i don't think glastonbury is so desperate for headline acts that they'd take a band subbing R+L a few months later as their headliner...especially when R+L technically has two headliners on each day, so they're technically third on their day.

if glasto gave them the bump up id applaud the move though

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That’s some very ‘finger in the air’ type reckoning going on, as with most convos about relevance.

Her chart sales actually suggest more people rushed out to buy her last album in its first week than Wolf Alice’s latest (or Billie Eilish for that matter) despite being kept off number 1.

People do know Wolf Alice, but at the moment they know them as a band who play loads of festivals in mid-card slots. People know Florence and the Machine as a headliner now because they’re around Europe headlining a bunch of festivals. That isn’t up for debate, the tour dates are available to see.

I wouldn’t mind but on album #3, people on here were arguing F+TM weren’t big enough to headline (they were right I guess, as they were down to sub) and now one album later they are so far past ‘relevant’ that the festival would rather pick a R+L sub to headline?

Florence and the Machine just need another single and then ‘relevance’ is restored. Talking without one is useless because there’s nothing much there to talk about.

^^^ all of this

11 minutes ago, shivroy said:

i like how somehow this has turned into a florence and the machine vs wolf alice situation, even though florence hasn't even shown up in any credible rumours of headlining 2022 (tho she did for 2021). why is it always women vs women for yall

anyways, florence is due to release new music before the end of february if rumours are to be believed. 

WA vs Florence seems to be the new foals vs 1975, wouldn't say its down to women vs women

I think there is basically no chance of WA headlining, but out of all the headliners spoken about they would be the ones I would be looking forward to most. I think if they had done a small arena tour instead of academies that could of sold out as well. Feel like it is only a matter of time until they are headlining Reading Festival and Glastonbury.

3 hours ago, stanh said:

me neither very shocked at that! was hoping for begging, blow your mind, hotter than hell, idgaf, kiss & make up at the very least. wonder if songs will get added? as it seems like quite a short set for an arena tour as it currently is

When you see a song list and can't work out the artist... 😂

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

When you see a song list and can't work out the artist... 😂

dua lipa😂 her future nostalgia tour kicked off last night in florida, but as much as the current setlist is filled with bops and hits, there is an awful lot missing from her self-titled album

FLNQ7TLVEAIW7Xl.jpg

17 minutes ago, stanh said:

dua lipa😂 her future nostalgia tour kicked off last night in florida, but as much as the current setlist is filled with bops and hits, there is an awful lot missing from her self-titled album

FLNQ7TLVEAIW7Xl.jpg

Mad that she does a Stella Donnelly cover @Somto Unigwe Raphael

• Upvote 1