2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

If Macca and Kendrick are doing 2022 it’s probably because of the uncertainty of pulling off a full European tour when many countries are relatively shut and have stricter laws. The UK is wide open.

Plan consecutive dates across Europe… There is a risk a few shows won’t go ahead.

Plan a one off show in the UK. Way more likely it will go ahead. Pretty sure the UK was the only country who had big outdoor gigs in 2021 outside of the US.

Is there not an argument that Kendrick considers Glastonbury a massive gig and is more bothered about fulfilling that than the other shows? I’m pretty sure he did Coachella 2017 as a one off.

Edited by Bigglue

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

"Someone on the internet said so" isn't exactly the most infallible source of information

Still think third down Pymild is more likely

We’ve had two separate posters, both who have a history of giving good info, saying Sam Fender is on the Other stage. One of them says he’s playing third down on it, so it seems pretty likely that barring any last minute restructuring that’s where he’ll end up. 

Edit: ffs @dentalplan

Edited by kingcrawler

15 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

Wouldn’t complain at Sam Fender and Paolo Nutini headlining the other stage. Wishful thinking on Paolo though.

Off glasto topic I know do apologise but Not complaining at them 2 headlining my local festival Victorious should be a belter that 

14 minutes ago, Bigglue said:

Is there not an argument that Kendrick considers Glastonbury a massive gig and is more bothered about fulfilling that than the other shows? I’m pretty sure he did Coachella 2017 as a one off.

Doubt it. He probably didn't even really know what Glastonbury was until his management told him he was booked for it. 

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Doubt it. He probably didn't even really know what Glastonbury was until his management told him he was booked for it. 

If his team have been in talks with the festival since 2017 he must be pretty aware of what it is. It looks like he signed up for 2021 too, so it must mean something to him.

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

adequate8 who has messaged Neil good quality info in the past and is pretty reputable, has heard it's Foals. They're supposedly booked for Friday other, replacing QOTSA.

I see. I'm not bothered by either so it's Billie or elsewhere provided I'm there. It's very rare I do watch the Other headliner or am interested over elsewhere anyway so it's all good.

3 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Got good links to Fender so will know if he’s been bumped up but he has the Eilish Other Slot as of a week ago. 

Also, 75% sure Royal Blood aren’t at Glasto 

Interesting that.  Presumed they’d be there but I suppose they’d have been an obvious one to step in for QOTSA too

39 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Got good links to Fender so will know if he’s been bumped up but he has the Eilish Other Slot as of a week ago. 

Royal Blood bit doesn’t surprise me. I won’t be surprised if they are a bit miffed with the slots Glasto are offering them. They will probably see their chances with headlining R&L before committing to a below headline slot at glasto.

43 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Interesting info.  Must be some line-up if that’s where he is placing - might have been okay 2 years ago, but he’s blown up significantly since then and wouldn’t be out of place headlining The Other

50 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Never mind headliners, this fest ain’t got any fucking subs either 🤣🤣🤣

I wonder where, if anywhere, Royal Blood will end up in the UK this summer. All the major festivals seem to have skipped them and they’re not back at the likes of Y Not, Truck etc either. I suppose they could be at Latitude and they have their arena tour but while they’re not the most exciting option, it seems odd that no one so far has booked them.

7 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Interesting info.  Must be some line-up if that’s where he is placing - might have been okay 2 years ago, but he’s blown up significantly since then and wouldn’t be out of place headlining The Other

It’s in Sam Fenders interest to play that slot. If he nails it he could get a provisional offer to headline off the back of it.

It also sounds to me like they’ve got the other to el pointo jump for him in mind already.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I wonder where, if anywhere, Royal Blood will end up in the UK this summer. All the major festivals seem to have skipped them and they’re not back at the likes of Y Not, Truck etc either. I suppose they could be at Latitude and they have their arena tour but while they’re not the most exciting option, it seems odd that no one so far has booked them.

I have a feeling they have waited for headline bookings and no festivals has bitten.

Edited by Bigglue

1 minute ago, Bigglue said:

@Ken19 says TW Classic booked for June 26th. No mention of headliner.

Hints of a second Werchter Boutique rumoured for June 18th.

My guess is June 26th would be Stones and June 18th Macca. I think it would be bad news if Macca was playing in Belgium on Glasto Sunday.

For my Festileaks people. Stacked was Werchter in general, including day events. And with Qotsa, FNM, The Streets… and some others who cancelled 😳

Every festival was losing some important names, that is why a couple of names moved from RW to Cactus or the wait for Dour.